The Silver Lining : Josh Allen is very good.

This is diabolical genius.  They set Peterman up to succeed in preseason and start the first game.  Then they let him crash.  

Now, Allen can start and if he has a few hiccups NO ONE will be clamoring for Peterman.  And the FA QB scene won't be all that either.

Then, the Bills can play Allen all year and see if he has what it takes.  If he doesn't, we'll select the Next One with the first pick in 2019...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Me supporting Peterman is the default because of the dumpster fire that is Josh Allen. If we had Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold or even Rudolph you could kick Peterman to the curb and I wouldn't say a thing about it. I watched a team gamble the farm on Ricky Vaughn and he's going to set this team back 5 years. We went from being close to contending to running an Al Davis strategy, and this staff and our team is going to pay for it.

I didn't love the Allen pick either. It didn't make me root for a guy who is clearly subpar as an NFL player. 

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Me supporting Peterman is the default because of the dumpster fire that is Josh Allen. If we had Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold or even Rudolph you could kick Peterman to the curb and I wouldn't say a thing about it. I watched a team gamble the farm on Ricky Vaughn and he's going to set this team back 5 years. We went from being close to contending to running an Al Davis strategy, and this staff and our team is going to pay for it.

Holy moly man. You really believe this?

Just now, TDO'Kearney said:

This is diabolical genius.  They set Peterman up to succeed in preseason and start the first game.  Then they let him crash.  

Now, Allen can start and if he has a few hiccups NO ONE will be clamoring for Peterman.  And the FA QB scene won't be all that either.

Then, the Bills can play Allen all year and see if he has what it takes.  If he doesn't, we'll select the Next One with the first pick in 2019...

that was not the plan.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Allen did under throw the ball, but still close enough to give his play maker a shot in my humble opinion Sky.

In the pouring rain...

...and taking a shot in the chest with no follow through. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Figster said:

Allen clearly stands out as the best signal caller IMO.

That's debatable, especially since they had a three month long QB competition and Allen lost. But the point is that as a Bills fan you'd rather have Allen as a franchise guy for 10 years right? Well that probably doesn't happen if you throw him out there too early and wreck his confidence before he's ready. It doesn't matter whether he's better than Peterman. It only matters whether he's far enough along in his development to handle being a franchise guy. Hint: he's not. 

Edited by VW82

Use the season to develop Josh Allen.  Go get a real #2 vet qb  .  Have Peterman polish his resume for a job after football.  Bills will have a top 5 pick next year, use it add a centerpiece.  I know the game was a trainwreck but at least both Allen and Edmunds look promising. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Holy moly man. You really believe this?

Do I believe Josh Allen is a bad football player that was extremely expensive to acquire? Yes, yes I do. NP was essentially free. If he flamed out you could always get another guy. This staff, all of our schemes, and the entire roster is dependent on a raw rocket armed passer that couldn't put a dent in the Mountain West. The game looks like it's going a million miles an hour for him. His arm is Lamar Jackson's legs, and neither have what it takes to be NFL QBs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, VW82 said:

That's debatable, especially since they had a three month long QB competition and Allen lost. But the point is that as a Bills fan you'd rather have Allen as a franchise guy for 10 years right? Well that probably doesn't happen if you throw him out there too early and wreck his confidence before he's ready. It doesn't matter whether he's better than Peterman. It only matters whether he's far enough along in his development to handle being a franchise guy. Hint: he's not. 

I get that and fully understand where your coming from, but now that the beane head sent our most experienced QB packing for the likes of noodle arm Nasty Nate the Bills are stuck between a rock and a hard spot IMO. 

13 minutes ago, transient said:

I don’t think poor play would ruin his confidence, I think poor coaching and lack of support would. If he has the talent let him take his lumps this season. He’s more mobile than Peterman and the threat of his arm should open up the running game somewhat. Spell him with Peterman for a series or two if you have to in order to let him collect his thoughts and to coach him up in game if he’s having a rough stretch, but the season would be completely wasted by continuing to start Peterman... and I personally don’t want to see him start another game for the Bills ever again.

If you start yanking Allen in and out with the starters from game to game or within the game as you suggested, it's going to send the wrong message to the team (i.e. that the coaching staff doesn't know what it's doing) and to both QBs. There's a reason no one in the NFL does it like that with the exception of special play packages for guys like Lamar Jackson. Allen isn't that type of QB. 

Also, the scenario you describe (i.e. lack of support) is exactly what he's facing. His Oline sucks, and his WRs don't get separation. That's the definition of lack of QB support. This is to say nothing of the fact that not even McBeane knows for certain whether Daboll is the right guy yet. There's way more downside than upside to starting him this early.

Edited by VW82

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Do I believe Josh Allen is a bad football player that was extremely expensive to acquire? Yes, yes I do. NP was essentially free. If he flamed out you could always get another guy. This staff, all of our schemes, and the entire roster is dependent on a raw rocket armed passer that couldn't put a dent in the Mountain West. The game looks like it's going a million miles an hour for him. His arm is Lamar Jackson's legs, and neither have what it takes to be NFL QBs.

The problem is that "another guy" has never gotten us past 9-7. Like, ever.