The Silver Lining : Josh Allen is very good.

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

I'm a "show me" kind of guy.  I'm thinking of the Ryan years and how i heard similar things.  How ridiculous those votes of confidence seemed at the time as well as in retrospect.

Not really a way for him to show you if he doesn't start.

Just now, Augie said:

Here’s an idea, if it’s an opinion, maybe you should state it as an opinion rather than a fact. “I fear he may not”, or “it concerns me that”. 

You say he won’t do it, and you open yourself up.

We’re all Bills fans, just trying to communicate clearly. 

Sorry. I'm not going to dumb things down. 

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Sorry. I'm not going to dumb things down. 

Funny, I thought we were trying to bring things up from there. Fact is fact, opinion is opinion. I’m sure I miscommunicate at times, so I’m done. 

Peace, we’re on the same team. Go Bills! 

(That was sadly pathetic after what we saw today, but as always, I’m 100% in.) 

29 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I do believe Cam won the starting job out of camp, no? Besides, every franchise in the league would have taken Cam number one. I'm not so concerned about Bills fans ability to judge college talent (if that part is even true).

But you are adamant that Allen is going to be a failure right?  So, are you a hypocrite, or just not a Bills fan?

Edited by Chimp

28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I thought he played very well especially considering the circumstances. It's hard to tell exactly because the Ravens defense took their foot off the gas. But it was promising enough that you have to start him the rest of the year.

You were all over the gameday thread saying dont put him in until after week 4. Thank you for being man enough to change your position.??

1 minute ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

You were all over the gameday thread saying dont put him in until after week 4. Thank you for being man enough to change your position.??

I agreed he needed a few weeks to sit and watch, but I never anticipated the throttling that took place today. That was a good time to get him some exposure. Now, if we could block, separate and catch....that would be even better! 

You downers were proven right big time for this game, but to say right now, September 9th 2018, that Allen is a bust? Get out and find another team. We have no idea yet and to a lot of us he shows many very good signs. Of course he is raw, will read defense slowly, etc. But there is no choice now, time to learn by doing! That the OL sucks was bad enough. Now it's clear WRs do too, and the OC wasn't very imaginative was he?

Why did the Bills keep 4 TE if they're not involved more than this?

Edited by Jerome007
  • Like (+1) 1

Didnt practice, off the bench, playing with a trash line with WRs that cannot hold onto the ball in the rain, in his first NFL start I thought he played ok. Some bad decisions, but no head scratching throws. Had at least three drops including a TD pass.

Edited by Tatonka68

14 minutes ago, Chimp said:

But you are adamant that Allen is going to be a failure right?  So, are you a hypocrite, or just not a Bills fan?

I'd say I'm pessimistic he'll work out, yes. That said, I am a Bills fan first - been one since wide right and I'll be one til the day I die - and I'd much rather be wrong about Allen and have him become a legit franchise guy. 

I'm mostly surprised by the reaction on here to the opinion that we should be patient with our raw QB, instead of throwing him in the deep end right away and without help to see if he sinks or swims. That just seems crazy to me. His development should be more important than fans impatience.

Edited by VW82

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

I'd say I'm pessimistic he'll work out, yes. That said, I am a Bills fan first - been one since wide right and I'll be one til the day I die - and I'd much rather be wrong about Allen and have him become a legit franchise guy. 

I'm mostly surprised by the reaction on here to the opinion that we should be patient with our raw QB, instead of throwing him in the deep end right away and without help to see if he sinks or swims. That just seems crazy to me. 

I hear you there.  I'm hoping they can do something via FA this week to give the kid something, he's in the worst possible situation currently.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I agreed he needed a few weeks to sit and watch, but I never anticipated the throttling that took place today. That was a good time to get him some exposure. Now, if we could block, separate and catch....that would be even better! 

NOBODY did bro. 

I just for the life of me cannot believe how the ENTIRE national press corp was SOO correct on the outcome of this game. I have NEVER seen anything like it. It was almost prophetic.

With that being said, to the national sports media, congrats on your correct assesment. I will now officially go eat my crow like a grown ass man!:beer:

10 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

The big thing that changed for me is my opinion of the pass blocking. It looked much better. Not great but serviceable which is mostly all you get in the NFL these days. Allen looked quite good. So I'm at the point where I think he might as well get some experience. We'll still end up with a high draft pick.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Asinine or not, it's what posters on here are asking of Allen.

I'll give you Deshaun Watson, but it would seem QBs with elite athleticism would have a much better chance at early success due to their ability to take off and run. Allen can do some of that but it's not exactly the same thing. 

You mentally deranged point is the there are no two identical human beings placed in identical situations to play QB in the NFL.  I will accept that point.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

They should just start him and let him take his lumps.....Peterman is NOT a better QB and isnt going to turn chicken doo doo into chicken dinner with this OL.......Allen will take a ton of sacks and make a ton of plays......get him the experience he needs lets get the developmental year rolling

No. Not yet. Allen didn't beat Nate Peterman during training camp AND pre-season. That says A LOT. I would keep starting Nate until week 4 then see what's up.

29 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

In mop up performances you cannot really say with any certainty whatsoever that a QB, any QB, would have been able to do that earlier in the game. It's possible he could but also just as likely or more that he couldn't. It's an unknowable no matter how much you know or don't about football. 

What you CAN see however are skills. Josh showed a lot of skills in his less than a half that Nate cannot do and it wasn't just arm strength. And yeah, perhaps he wouldn't have done that same thing against starters but arm strength, accuracy, poise or lack thereof in pocket, awareness, ability to throw on run, looking to second and third options are all skills that can be known in mop up duty whether that exact same performance would have happened against starters or when the game was still close or not. 

It's the same as in preseason. You can't pay attention to the stat line but you can watch the individual performances and make judgments. He played a glorified preseason game against 1st stringers and he played very well.