Rasmus Dahlin - Wow

RPbillsfan

Got to see the Devils-Sabres prospect game (Sabres won 6-4) and Rasmus Dahlin scored 2 goals, had one assist, one booming hit and controlled the game when he was on the ice.

Bring 60 got to watch Bobby Orr growing up and I swear I see some of the skills Orr had in Dahlin.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Got to see the Devils-Sabres prospect game (Sabres won 6-4) and Rasmus Dahlin scored 2 goals, had one assist, one booming hit and controlled the game when he was on the ice.

Bring 60 got to watch Bobby Orr growing up and I swear I see some of the skills Orr had in Dahlin.

I'm about your age and am shuffling off to Buffalo October 6/7 weekend with my daughter to see a Sabres-Rangers Saturday night game followed by Bills-Titans Sunday game. I've been flying into Buffalo for Bills' games for several years but this will be my first double-header weekend. So, so stoked to see Dahlin!

• Like (+1) 4

Yeah I was there as well.   When it was 1-1 after the first period due to a stupid turn over in our end I was frustrated because we were sooo out playing them and were at their end most of the period. 

Anyhow the kid looked good as well as Nylander.

Edited by aceman_16

8 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Nobody cares about hockey. It's boring and this is a football board. TYC 

Incorrect.  I always loved the Sabres but because I didn't ever play - I never fully understood how to watch the game correctly.  I've spent a considerable amount of time learning and it's an incredible sport.  I enjoy the games now more than any other time in my sports life.  

The Sabres are going to be very very good soon.  

5 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I have always wondered why so many of the older Bills fans never got into the Sabres? Hockey is one of the most exciting sports to watch. 

In WNY the Sabres are a big deal for all ages but so many posters on this board aren't locals and don't have any ties to the Sabres 

Edited by BillsPride12
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I have always wondered why so many of the older Bills fans never got into the Sabres? Hockey is one of the most exciting sports to watch. 

A lot of the things I don't like about other sports aren't found in Hockey.  It's one of the major reasons I have devoted more time to it.  

11 minutes ago, White Linen said:

A lot of the things I don't like about other sports aren't found in Hockey.  It's one of the major reasons I have devoted more time to it.  

Like what? Please, pretty please, don't say...

...Don't say culture or baby mamas...

...Daniel Alferdsson ringing on line #1. Dany Heatley texting... Patrick Kane emailing... Henrik Tallinder calling from Europe, wants you to post bond...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

On 9/7/2018 at 8:23 PM, Jrb1979 said:

Hockey is a great game, but the Sabres being the worst team year after year has resulted in me tuning out.

On 9/7/2018 at 11:48 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

...Daniel Alferdsson ringing on line #1. Dany Heatley texting... Patrick Kane emailing... Henrik Tallinder calling from Europe, wants you to post bond...

Not even close.  I would have answered but you don't deserve it.  

Way to jump to ridiculous conclusions.   

36 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Not even close.  I would have answered but you don't deserve it.  

Way to jump to ridiculous conclusions.   

I never jump to a conclusion.  I said:

"Please, pretty please, don't say...

...Don't say culture or baby mamas..."

I just have a strong opinion on that subject when people argue it.

Thank you for that not being the reason.

And nice cop out "that I don't deserve an answer."  Very weak.  That response does add doubt you are telling the truth.  But so be it.  You don't have to get defensive, take things personal because I bring up thorny issues.  You'd think you'd want to clear the air rather then leave doubt.  I am not sure what to make of your reply.  There is nothing to get defensive about.  You should just say: "No and explain your argument."  My response was not intended to personnally offend you.  Many people think hockey culture is different.  I tend to disagree, I feel it's the same as other sports.

2 minutes ago, bbb said:

I hope he passes the audition.

Sounds like that won't be a problem. Sabers have an interesting season coming up. They have pretty good talent I hope it comes together for them.

But it's not only to watch him I have never been to the new arena in Buffalo. Just the old Aud. I was in love with that place still my favorite place to watch hockey ever.

Edited by Dante

On 9/7/2018 at 9:57 PM, RPbillsfan said:

I was at the Devils prospect game as well.    Dahlin's skating and puck sense are insane--he didn't simply skate, he hovered.     He's bigger than I expected as well (and has the frame to put on more muscle as he matures).   

The Sabres are going to be fun to watch this year... 

2 hours ago, Dante said:

Sounds like that won't be a problem. Sabers have an interesting season coming up. They have pretty good talent I hope it comes together for them.

But it's not only to watch him I have never been to the new arena in Buffalo. Just the old Aud. I was in love with that place still my favorite place to watch hockey ever.

You're like me, thinking of it as the new arena.............Last year, there was all this talk about how it needs all this work and is old.  I'm like what - it's the new arena! 

On 9/7/2018 at 11:48 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wait, what did Tallinder do?

4 hours ago, bbb said:

You're like me, thinking of it as the new arena.............Last year, there was all this talk about how it needs all this work and is old.  I'm like what - it's the new arena! 

I guess time rolls by way quicker than I realize. I guess technically, it will be new for me. ?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, stony said:

Wait, what did Tallinder do?

You most certainly deserve an answer!?

Same as Kane.

Sports (all) have the same philandering culture.  Hockey is no different then the other sports:

https://www.thelocal.se/20050214/965

"In 2005, Tallinder, and fellow Swedish hockey players Kristian Huselius and Andreas Liljawere investigated on suspicion of sexual exploitation. In March 2005, all three players were suspended from the Swedish national team for one year, with Huselius and Tallinder being released by Swedish club Linköping. Lilja was not suspended by Swedish club Mora, but decided to take a break for the remainder of the rest of the season.

Initially police had dropped their investigation within two days 11 February 2005 when a 22-year-old woman accused the trio of raping her 9 February, because of a lack of evidence. However, a special prosecutor reopened the case in March, leading to the suspensions. Tallinder and the others were cleared in June of that year."

~Wikipedia: Henrik Tallinder