Roll Call for the Ravens Bills game Sunday - Who's going?

It's been difficult keeping track of who's going and where people are meeting up.  (sorry mods if this is the wrong thread) 

The Tailgate forum has little activity and updates and I've heard of at least 2 places (basically a block away)

I haven't been to a game in decades so I don't know what is needed or if I'll eat before I get there. 

I heard one meeting place is Sliders just north of the Ravens Stadium.  

Go Bills!!!    

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

Yep, I'll be there.  

And for those that haven't been to Baltimore's stadium in a while, they have started up fan-friendly concession pricing.  So if the game goes bad, at least there's that. (cut and paste below)

• Stadium hot dogs and peanuts, both previously sold for $5, are now $3 each.
  • Grilled hot dogs, once $6.50, are now $5.
  • Stadium burgers, once $8.50, are now $6.
  • An entree of chicken tenders and fries, once $11, is now $7.
  • French fries, once $6, are now $3.
  • Pizza, once $8.50, is now $6.
  • Nachos, once $7.75, are now $5.
  • Bavarian pretzels and regular popcorn, both previously sold for $5.25, are now $3 each.
  • Soft pretzels, formerly $4.25, are now $2.
  • Souvenir sodas (with one refill) are $5 each instead of $8.
  • A large fountain soda, once $5.25, is now $3.
  • A liter of bottled water, once $6.50, is now $4. A 20-ounce bottled water is $3, down from its original $4.75 price.
  • The 12-ounce domestic packaged beer, a new offering, is $5.
  • Domestic 16-ounce packaged and draft beers are $7 each, instead of $8.50.
  • Premium packaged and draft beers, once $9.50, are now $8 each.
  • Premium spirits, formerly $10, are now $9.

Edited by zow2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Oh, I won't be there. I'm just pretty active with the DC Backers bar and know that they have ~150 people going and tailgating

There's also the Balt backers tailgate that has 1,200 on the invite list.

I'm holding out for the @R. Rich festival at Sliders.

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Thanks Kirby. 

I just feel weird asking people I've never met in person.  

It feels a little weird but I’ve met a handful of these guys now. They are just as weird in person as on here. It will go pretty smoothly. You’ll have a blast. The road games are a lot of fun regardless of the outcome. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Thanks Kirby. 

I just feel weird asking people I've never met in person.  

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

It feels a little weird but I’ve met a handful of these guys now. They are just as weird in person as on here. It will go pretty smoothly. You’ll have a blast. The road games are a lot of fun regardless of the outcome. 

On a serious note, there's no need to feel weird.  I showed up at my first TBD tailgate for a home opener vs. the Patriots .... with a Pats fan.  Didn't know a soul.  So many of the regulars already know each other so well that you'll quickly be introduced to dozens of people and offered food/drink by all.  And they travel well, so it's the same, even on the road.  You'll feel right at home.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

I'll be there with this crew:

https://www.jottnew.com/buffalo.html

I can't access that now.  I'll wait til I get home.

Other than Sliders location location location people. 

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

I'll be watching from my favorite watering hole in Rochester, the Merchants Grill.

you better be eating a Nino's pizza.  (if it's still there?) 

23 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I can't access that now.  I'll wait til I get home.

Other than Sliders location location location people. 

you better be eating a Nino's pizza.  (if it's still there?) 

Each of the 3 tailgate locations are easy walk to the stadium.  There aren't many parking options near the stadium anyway.  The tailgating experience isn't like Orchard Park.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Are we supposed to respond if we're not going to be there?

I won't be there.

Hmm, Shady is there.. big negative

Gug not there... big positive 

do they equal out? 

I am still on fence about coming and Ng and it will come down to Saturday before I know. Some stuff I can’t control. 

But it I know my sister and her daughter, two of my chucklehead nephews, and 4 other friends gunna be at Sliders if that where this crew is going. 

I am sure it it sounds fun to some, but I can’t think of anything worse than a 1200 person pre paid tailgate ... yuck. 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Lol.  

I think ?

I reserved a parking spot a block away from the stadium on the south side 

I am hoping to be there so we can meet and have a beer big fella, and it's not to see the Bills. Wifey poo having some not small surgery tomorrow, if I am there means everything a-ok!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It's a badge of honor, sir.

Also, bunch of bull **** going on i need to take care of.  And, my girlfriend...She's at the beach and would get home Saturday... It's a 7 hour drive back in traffic... Likely not to go but could wait until the last minute.

Edited by Boyst62
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am hoping to be there so we can meet and have a beer big fella, and it's not to see the Bills. Wifey poo having some not small surgery tomorrow, if I am there means everything a-ok!!!!!

Hope everything goes well

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Yeah, Charm City has the tailgate with Jimmy's Seafood. DC & NoVA backers have one with Jimmy's Old Town Tavern. Jimmy is a popular dude, apparently.

Yes he is.  He has a lot of connections.   I'd be at that tailgate (it is my backers group, I am the president) but surgery preventing me from making reservation on time to go.

bills-ravens-september-2018_orig.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

The forecast now says 90% for precipitation and locally heavy rains Sunday afternoon in Baltimore.  Ugh.  Not fun.  

SUN

SEP 9

73° /67°F
Mostly cloudy, a little rain

That's what I got.  

The weather forecast nearer where I live (60 miles west) is 90% rain with a high of 68. 

4 hours ago, eball said:

How many of these roll call threads are there?  I'll be there.

By the way, the Dark Sky app shows "feels like" temps around 69-70 and a 17-22% chance of rain during the game.

For Baltimore?   

Besides the Tailgate forum I didn’t see any others. 

Yep, I'll be there with two friend from Buffalo.!  Saturday night in Fells Point. Tailgate as below. Go Bills!

Ravens vs Bills
Bills Backers Tailgate Details 
Bills Backers BMORE Tailgate Lot
1201 Race Street, Baltimore MD 21230

TAILGATE DETAILS:
Thank you for the purchase of our Bills/Ravens Bills Backers 2018 BMORE Tailgate Package! Complete details for the tailgate are below.  Our Bills Backers BMORE Tailgate Lot is located at 1201 Race Street, Baltimore, MD 21230.  Directly behind the post office off of W Ostend Street.  

The tailgate will kick off at 9:00am for Tailgate Pass Holders. Please note that food shuts down at 12:00pm. There will be a Cash Bar available after the All Inclusive portion of the event ends at 12:30pm.  Only Tailgate Pass holders will be permitted on the lot during the tailgate. 

Saturday options