How did Foster make the team?

wppete

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

Did Steve Tasker tell you that?

He didn’t seem to have any tracking issues with the bomb that was thrown out of bounds. If the ball is in bounds it’s likely a TD. On the second bomb, if the ball is thrown a 0.5 yrd shorter, it’s likely 2 TDS.

Agree with your first point.

Heavily disagree with the second. Foster stopped running. It was bad awareness. Allen put it in the right spot. Foster just didn’t do the right thing.

He has a lot of impressing to do in order to make a roster spot. He’s on the bubble.

57 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The typical overreaction on both sides of the equation; unfortunately the norm for Bills fans on this site.

The overreaction on one side here is, IMO, a direct result of the over the top zeal that a certain poster has for all things elephantine. His unwillingness to concede that a really fast player needs to improve his routes and hands to make an impact as a WR has caused others to jump far to the trash heap side.

Today he is a Bill and I want nothing but the best for him because his success would contribute to the success of the team. Most of us feel the same, but when confronted by absolute blind loyalty that refuses to concede one inch we revert to cannibizing our own.

Edited by Cripple Creek

7 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm inches away from starting a matt milano thread.  did i ever let you know i went to bc?

I heard a rumor that BC students have a higher percentage of new hires first year out of school than Harvard because they give out more generous scholarships.  And of course because Amy Pohler went there.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I heard a rumor that BC students have a higher percentage of new hires first year out of school than Harvard because they give out more generous scholarships.  And of course because Amy Pohler went there.

how dare you mention amy pohler and completely leave out the likes of chris o'donnell and clinton kelly.  this conversation is over.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

The overreaction on one side here is, IMO, a direct result of the over the top zeal that a certain poster has for all things elephantine. His unwillingness to concede that a really fast player needs to improve his routes and hands to make an impact as a WR has caused others to jump far to the trash heap side.

Today he is a Bill and I want nothing but the best for him because his success would contribute to the success of the team. Most of us feel the same, but when confronted by absolute blind loyalty that refuses to concede one inch we revert to cannibizing our own.

Where was the over the top zeal here that warrants such a negative reaction to a Bills’ player? 

“He (Foster) had great separation on Thursday and just missed on two huge plays, scorching veteran CBs. He caught one, but the ball drifted out of bounds and the other was just outside of his reach.

He lit it up in practice on Monday.

"On Monday, he pushed that aside to have his best day of training camp by a substantial margin. Foster was all over the place, making catch after catch during team drills..."

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-2018-buffalo-bills-training-camp-day-14

He has blazing speed and he knows how to get open. “

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Where was the over the top zeal here that warrants such a negative reaction to a Bills’ player? 

“He (Foster) had great separation on Thursday and just missed on two huge plays, scorching veteran CBs. He caught one, but the ball drifted out of bounds and the other was just outside of his reach.

He lit it up in practice on Monday.

"On Monday, he pushed that aside to have his best day of training camp by a substantial margin. Foster was all over the place, making catch after catch during team drills..."

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-2018-buffalo-bills-training-camp-day-14

He has blazing speed and he knows how to get open. “

I think you’re right, about everything.

Time to end this dumb debate with my opinion, which is to be taken as fact because I’m always right ?

Foster could NOT have caught the first ball in bounds.

Foster on the 2nd ball did NOT show a lack of hustle, but did demonstrate a lack of technique, as he was tracking the ball too much in the air, instead of running to the spot.  In doing so, he slowed himself down, just like if you hit a ground ball to shortstop and instead of just trying to run to first he was watching the play as he was running.

Foster on the 3rd ball gave up on the play, although it’s not uncommon for your right WR to give up on a fly route when your QB has rolled out to the left side of the field.  He forgot his QB has a cannon.  I’m sure he got grilled in film room about this one

Edited by Laughing Coffin
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Multiple commentators have said that a better reciever could have gotten the first one in bounds. (Even if it wasn’t a great pass)

The second deep ball he could have layed out for, and it really looked like he wasn’t running full speed. The commentators even mentioned that he seemed to have looked back way too soon.

The third deep pattern he gave up on entirely, which is the biggest no-no.

And then he dropped a ball that was in his chest. 

Thursday was terrible for him, and he seems to be struggling in camp as well (though he did have a good day this week). I liked him a lot, but I don’t see him transitioning. Talent is there, but he’s not a player.

Multiple commentators have also said that if the ball was thrown a foot further in bounds he could have made the catch --- in bounds ... So i don't lay that one all at the feet of Foster ...

I agree with the rest but Foster needs & hopefully has gotten a wake up call by the coaching staff or a vet on the team because he could be a very valuable weapon on Dabols offense !!

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

Foster ran a 4.41 at the combine.

What good is speed when you quit on a play that would have put 6 points on the board.

He's on the outside looking in.  If he doesn't make some big plays and YAC he will be gone.