How did Foster make the team?

wppete

26 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He caught a 60 yard bomb and another bomb was just out of his reach. What tracking problems are you talking about?

You saw Allen's first pass, right?

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/every-josh-allen-pass-preseason-week-1

The tracking problem was him running with his head looking back at the ball leaving him a tad short. (Important distinction, the pass wasn’t too long)

if you don’t believe me do the following:

go outside

face one direction

look in the opposite direction

run

report back

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

I just think he is extremely raw. Very good physical tools. Just needs to learn more of the game. I don’t know if he has time this year? But, if he can hang for a couple of years and develop he could be weapon.

Looks like he can get separation almost anytime he wants!!

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

The tracking problem was him running with his head looking back at the ball leaving him a tad short. (Important distinction, the pass wasn’t too long)

if you don’t believe me do the following:

go outside

face one direction

look in the opposite direction

run

report back

You know that he outran Kevin Seymour, a 4.39 guy by several yards, right?

Kid cant track a ball to save his life, so it's hard to say he can catch. He is fast and that is about it.... What good is a speed WR who cant catch anything long?

Looks like maybe PS, but he probably will just be cut.

Edited by snamsnoops

3 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Kid cant track a ball to save his life, so it's hard to say he can catch. He is fast and that is about it.... What good is a speed WR who cant catch anything long?

Looks like maybe PS, but he probably will just be cut.

Did Steve Tasker tell you that?

He didn’t seem to have any tracking issues with the bomb that was thrown out of bounds. If the ball is in bounds it’s likely a TD. On the second bomb, if the ball is thrown a 0.5 yrd shorter, it’s likely 2 TDS.

37 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Multiple commentators? That's the problem. I watch the games and do my own evaluation. It's called independent thinking.

What would you have "independently thought" of Foster's performance had he played college ball at USC, Nebraska or Louisville?

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

With that kind of speed, he should be starting long successful career as a parking valet by Monday.

You'll be singing a different tune if the Pats sign him.

Edited by 4merper4mer

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

What would you have "independently thought" of Foster's performance had he played college ball at USC, Nebraska or Louisville?

You'll be singing a different tune if the Pats sign him.

Do you sing any other tunes?

Just now, Sky Diver said:

Point out the time stamp of where he was watching the ball for 25 yards.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/every-josh-allen-pass-preseason-week-1

The endzone camera shows it better and they showed it during the broadcast but I don't have it at hand so I'll use what you provided.

He comes into frame during 2:21 when he's at the 30 yard line and he's already looking back for the ball.  He misses the ball at the 9.  That's 21 yards in the video we have here and, like I said, he was already looking back at the 30.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Same thing.

6'2" x 195, top end speed, 5* recruit, #2 WR in the country coming out of HS. The guy is gifted athletically. He just needs some seasoning, which is probably why he was in on 34 snaps.

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

Did Steve Tasker tell you that?

He didn’t seem to have any tracking issues with the bomb that was thrown out of bounds. If the ball is in bounds it’s likely a TD. On the second bomb, if the ball is thrown a 0.5 yrd shorter, it’s likely 2 TDS.

Or the pass was perfect and the kid doesn't know how to track a ball in the air. You cant be that much of a homer to see that. He was looking over his shoulder for the last 20-30 yards the ball was in the air. This is why the ball seemed out of reach. (maybe he could have stretched out for it?) The 3rd long ball he gave up on his route.

Not good things for a rookie trying to make a team. His college career represents him not being that good and is why he went un-drafted. Maybe spending time on the PS will help. I dont see him making the squad unless he really starts to impress in PS games......

Just now, That's No Moon said:

The endzone camera shows it better and they showed it during the broadcast but I don't have it at hand so I'll use what you provided.

He comes into frame during 2:21 when he's at the 30 yard line and he's already looking back for the ball.  He misses the ball at the 9.  That's 21 yards in the video we have here and, like I said, he was already looking back at the 30.

Interesting that he can have all those supposed issues and still out race a CB with 4.39 speed.

1 minute ago, snamsnoops said:

Or the pass was perfect and the kid doesn't know how to track a ball in the air. You cant be that much of a homer to see that. He was looking over his shoulder for the last 20-30 yards the ball was in the air. This is why the ball seemed out of reach. (maybe he could have stretched out for it?) The 3rd long ball he gave up on his route.

Not good things for a rookie trying to make a team. His college career represents him not being that good and is why he went un-drafted. Maybe spending time on the PS will help. I dont see him making the squad unless he really starts to impress in PS games......

Hidden gem which is why Daboll brought him in. Hard to get touches at Alabama when there is so much talent on the roster,

1 minute ago, snamsnoops said:

Which doesn't mean squat if he cant catch!

I guess you missed the first throw by Allen.

• Haha (+1) 1