How did Foster make the team?

wppete

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

And he would have scored a touchdown had he not insisted in running with his head arched backwards for ~25 yards.  He would have scored a second had he kept running his route and not given up on the play.

With regard to Seymour.  I found it interesting that he was playing so late in the 4th quarter when he started the game with the 1st unit.  He had a really poor game overall and clearly his coaches noticed too which is why he was still in the game at that point. Benjamin beat him for his TD, I think he was covering Streater as well on the TD that was called back for OPI.

Did you know KS has 4.39 speed though.

29 minutes ago, T master said:

Multiple commentators have also said that if the ball was thrown a foot further in bounds he could have made the catch --- in bounds ... So i don't lay that one all at the feet of Foster ...

I agree that the ball wasn't perfectly placed and I didn't say that it was. But the fact of the matter is that being a deep ball receiver, that comes with the territory. Allen was at fault for Ball placement. Foster was at fault for tracking too far out of bounds. 

2 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

He had great separation on Thursday and just missed on two huge plays, scorching veteran CBs. He caught one, but the ball drifted out of bounds and the other was just outside of his reach.

He lit it up in practice on Monday.

"On Monday, he pushed that aside to have his best day of training camp by a substantial margin. Foster was all over the place, making catch after catch during team drills..."

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-2018-buffalo-bills-training-camp-day-14

He has blazing speed and he knows how to get open. 

This is why I said in the thread about why he hasn’t been cut yet that you don’t cur rookies after one preseason game.  Kid has potential, still going to be tough IMO for any rookie WR to make this squad because I feel pretty confident the top 5 guys are going to be KB, Coleman, Zay, Streater, and Kerley.  So rooms are competing with Holmes and Reilly IMO for 1 spot or possibly 2 spots if they decide to keep 7.  

It always fascinates me how people call for guys to get cut off one performance...both in preseason and regular season.  That being said, Foster certainly needs a strong showing to even have a chance to make this team because there is maybe one spot, two max available.

5 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Did you know that KS ran a 4.39?

So KS ran a 4.39 and Foster ran a 4.41 but somehow Foster left him in the dust.  Sounds more like KS was going through the motions late in a game that didn't matter.

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

So KS ran a 4.39 and Foster ran a 4.41 but somehow Foster left him in the dust.  Sounds more like KS was going through the motions late in a game that didn't matter.

Speed on a track doesn’t necessarily correlate with game speed.

Forster plays fast.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

He had great separation on Thursday and just missed on two huge plays, scorching veteran CBs. He caught one, but the ball drifted out of bounds and the other was just outside of his reach.

He lit it up in practice on Monday.

"On Monday, he pushed that aside to have his best day of training camp by a substantial margin. Foster was all over the place, making catch after catch during team drills..."

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-2018-buffalo-bills-training-camp-day-14

He has blazing speed and he knows how to get open. 

He needs to have a big week. Needs to start stacking positive days to try and make the PS

3 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Multiple commentators? That's the problem. I watch the games and do my own evaluation. It's called independent thinking.

Sure. That and your Bama bias. If he was from any other school you would be saying the same thing most people are about him. 

That he is on outside looking in

9 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

With his UA degree he probably could get in. NASA loves UA grads.

Can you specifically show a link where NASA loves UA grads?  I'm not looking for an article with just one or two people from there.  For instance, I know that NASA loves the US Naval Academy because 54 Astronauts graduated from there.  

Alabama isn't considered one of the top Aerospace Engineering schools.  Not even top 12 in these rankings.

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/aerospace-rankings

I want to see if you're capable of providing a logical and informed answer.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I do respect the OP’s Insane level of homerism for Bama.  But maybe, just maybe, the guy who had like 400 yards receiving in 4 years in college isn’t a good player??? ?

great physical talent but at at some point, that isn’t enough.  I think he got overrated on this board because he went to Bama and was fast.  If he was from DeVry And had the same college numbers, he won’t be on a nfl roster.

1690422651_LouisCK.jpg.947551f349e63c6d5ab784521cdefe8d.jpg