How did Foster make the team?

wppete

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I'm sorry, did I not point out the time stamp in question?  I acknowledged he was open.

Correct. He torched a 4.39 speed guy.

Did Steve Tasker point that out?

Edited by Sky Diver

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

Hidden gem which is why Daboll brought him in. Hard to get touches at Alabama when there is so much talent on the roster,

Also hard to get touches when you screw up your route and aren't where you are supposed to be.

Does the one that bounced off his chest count as a touch?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The typical overreaction on both sides of the equation; unfortunately the norm for Bills fans on this site.

Is he poised for a huge game?  Uh, no.  And I say this as one who saw him making the roster just a couple weeks ago.  He needs to have a solid game where he shows he won't stop running routes, and where he catches what gets thrown to him.  And he needs to outshine the multitude of other receivers on the roster if he has any chance at making the roster or, more likely, the practice squad.

Is he trash, as was suggested above?  Uh, no.  He has speed, he gets open, but needs to do the above to earn a spot. 

Why everything around here has to be all or nothing, black and white, when in reality the answer is a shade of grey, is completely baffling.

54 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He caught a 60 yard bomb and another bomb was just out of his reach. What tracking problems are you talking about?

You saw Allen's first pass, right?

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/every-josh-allen-pass-preseason-week-1

On the second long Allen pass in the Carolina game, he slowed down and looked back while the ball was in the air, as if he were giving up on the play.  Had he not done that, he would have been in position to catch it.

• Like (+1) 2

I do respect the OP’s Insane level of homerism for Bama.  But maybe, just maybe, the guy who had like 400 yards receiving in 4 years in college isn’t a good player??? ?

great physical talent but at at some point, that isn’t enough.  I think he got overrated on this board because he went to Bama and was fast.  If he was from DeVry And had the same college numbers, he won’t be on a nfl roster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Also hard to get touches when you screw up your route and aren't where you are supposed to be.

Does the one that bounced off his chest count as a touch?

Alabama players are all Gods amongst boys.

Don't you know that?

The NFL pro bowl should 100% Alabama players, same with the Hof.

It's just anti bama bias.

Duh.

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

On the second long Allen pass in the Carolina game, he slowed down and looked back while the ball was in the air, as if he were giving up on the play.  Had he not done that, he would have been in position to catch it.

He slowed down and he still outraced a 4.39 speed guy while the ball fell just outside his grasp? Pretty amazing. I guess if he hadn't slowed down he would have outran the ball by a few yards.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I do respect the OP’s Insane level of homerism for Bama.  But maybe, just maybe, the guy who had like 400 yards receiving in 4 years in college isn’t a good player??? ?

great physical talent but at at some point, that isn’t enough.  I think he got overrated on this board because he went to Bama and was fast.  If he was from DeVry And had the same college numbers, he won’t be on a nfl roster.

He was coached by our offensive coordinator who probably knows a little bit about him.

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He slowed down and he still outraced a 4.39 speed guy while the ball fell just outside his grasp? Pretty amazing. I guess if he hadn't slowed down he would have outran the ball by a few yards.

So basically the ball has to be thrown exactly where he is going to be because he can't adjust to the ball?

Say 4.39 speed again.

Just now, Sky Diver said:

Correct. He torched a 4.39 speed guy.

And he would have scored a touchdown had he not insisted in running with his head arched backwards for ~25 yards.  He would have scored a second had he kept running his route and not given up on the play.

With regard to Seymour.  I found it interesting that he was playing so late in the 4th quarter when he started the game with the 1st unit.  He had a really poor game overall and clearly his coaches noticed too which is why he was still in the game at that point. Benjamin beat him for his TD, I think he was covering Streater as well on the TD that was called back for OPI.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

With regard to Seymour.  I found it interesting that he was playing so late in the 4th quarter when he started the game with the 1st unit.  He had a really poor game overall and clearly his coaches noticed too which is why he was still in the game at that point. Benjamin beat him for his TD, I think he was covering Streater as well on the TD that was called back for OPI.

And he STILL spell Kevin.