If you hate the Bills why are you here?

oldmanfan

Just now, oldmanfan said:

You are just a whiner waiting to criticize.  Justifiable  criticism was earned today.  Enjoy bashing them; it's what drives you and others.

Wrong. I am generally positive about the team, as are most posters. But you are telling people they can't be critical despite the fact that they have something to be critical about. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MPT said:

Wrong. I am generally positive about the team, as are most posters. But you are telling people they can't be critical despite the fact that they have something to be critical about. 

No I am not.  I am asking why some folks are negative all the time.

After today?  Of course they deserve it.  Not through the entire offseason.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

No I am not.  I am asking why some folks are negative all the time.

After today?  Of course they deserve it.  Not through the entire offseason.

Okay, so because people saw what you couldn't, they were stupid before the season started but now you'll accept their concerns? There are so many weaknesses on this team it would take an absolute dolt to call people negative for pointing them out. Please, carry on. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/1/2018 at 10:37 AM, oldmanfan said:

So this morning there's all this talk about how the GM is horrible because he didn't trade for Mack, how we'll stink this year, about how a rookie WB who has yet to play an actual game is a bust.  And on and on.

So my simple question is whay are you here if you hate this team so much?  Do you take some kind of weird pleasure in trying to bring others down?  Is it some kind of bizarre self-defense mechanism?  What?

Same kind of talk this time last year, and they made the playoffs.

Loved this post oldmanfan. I’m right with ya.

On 9/1/2018 at 11:08 AM, Rc2catch said:

Too many people watching skip bayless and Steven a smith who think they know football better than the guys being paid millions and millions in the league. 

They “scout” the talent.

They “watch” the tape

They do “mock drafts” non stop

They know footwork and mechanics of quarterbacks better than real nfl scouts. 

And my favorite is the people on here who don’t want to debate or discuss, just flood their opinion as fact and have zero intentions of hearing anyone else’s point of view or any option that does not agree with their opinions. We have a lot of those types of posters on here. 

Judging the coach, and GM 24/7 is 100% stupid in year 2.. Especially when the team overachieved and made the playoffs after a historic drought. Rather they stumbled in or had luck or whatever it makes no difference. 

They made the playoffs year one after how many decent to loaded rosters that have been built here over the years and failed to squeak into the playoffs. 

Im all for debates and discussions but it is quite agitating seeing how many posters on here spew GM hate, QB hate ( I might puke seeing how many “jokes” about 5 ints in one half are made daily and how Nate is worthless), and my favorite how terrible OBD is for not signing a player whose name we heard before. Trade for Mack? Was never going to happen. I haven’t seen what the Bears gave up but I’m sure it was a ridiculous haul 

I agree too much hate and poor attitudes. Not enough support and hope. It’s only been 1 game we’ve been beat bad before and came back from it. GO BUFFALO.

On 9/8/2018 at 6:57 PM, John from Riverside said:

I find it interesting that the punch bowl pissers are trying to make this a political thing

cimmon sense it is far easier to root for a different team then actually leave the country 

I don't think I should expect anything less from you. Classic.

On 9/3/2018 at 7:30 PM, row_33 said:

The NFL is the only sport that people sit there and complain about how boring it is, every single game they watch

and they come back every week and complain about how boring it is 

I

Random intermittent reward. The very basis of gambling addiction. Now matter how many times you lose, the possibility of success is too enticing.

On 9/9/2018 at 4:17 PM, MPT said:

These posters go on and on about nonsense. They say they don't mind people with opposing views, but if you tell them you think this team, coaching staff, and front office sucks they act like you just said an opinion on roe vs wade.

Don't care what side of that you come down on, I'm just comparing that a negative opinion triggers people. You B word about the team and they get mad, then they say stuff like after today it's okay. Yet, if I was all in on Peterman saying this will work and painting an optimistic picture for the last 6 months, then post about how bad the team, coaching staff, fo sucks... I'm just over reacting to them.

I don't like what they are doing and haven't. I'm not moving off that and that's what I think. I think people like me say I hope I'm wrong more than a lot of these posters ever admit they are wrong.  I hope they go 15-1. It's never us rooting against the team, the reason we are critical is because we want better. I don't get why something so simple gets lost on people.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/1/2018 at 10:37 AM, oldmanfan said:

So this morning there's all this talk about how the GM is horrible because he didn't trade for Mack, how we'll stink this year, about how a rookie WB who has yet to play an actual game is a bust.  And on and on.

So my simple question is whay are you here if you hate this team so much?  Do you take some kind of weird pleasure in trying to bring others down?  Is it some kind of bizarre self-defense mechanism?  What?

Same kind of talk this time last year, and they made the playoffs.

Why do some fans try and shame other fans into the behavior they deem appropriate? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Why do some fans try and shame other fans into the behavior they deem appropriate? 

As always you completely miss the point.  I am asking what motivates those who consistently post negatives about the team.  What does that do to make them feel better?  I sincerely don't get that attitude, and would sincerely like to know what the rationale is for such behavior.

Am I saying people should be banned?  No.  Am I saying one should never be negative?  No.  I am saying that you should actually have some basis for it.  Note my OP was before the first game.  Do they deserve criticism for the performance Sunday?  Of course.   I said on this very site that I have watched games since 1960 and I can't remember a worse performance.

But here's an example of what I mean.  Before the season starts, before a pass gets thrown, how many people here were saying Allen is a bust?  What is the purpose of that?  What exactly do posters like that achieve, and what motivates that?  Any rational thought process would tell you no one has any idea just yet, but folks like that for some reason get their jollies out of spewing that kind of negativity.

I have no problem with negativity when warranted, as after the debacle on Sunday.  I do wonder about those who are negative just to be negative, and I'd love to see an explanation..

On 9/1/2018 at 9:54 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

That too. It was definitely a welcomed eye-opener when I moved away from Buffalo to another NFL town, and listened to local sports radio and heard them bemoaning many of the same things Bills fans complain about as well. It was great to get that perspective, and be able to take a step back from being so head-down in Bills misery.

I lived in St. Louis when the Rams were still there, and now I live smack in the middle between Chicago and Green Bay. They all complain. Just as bad as we do.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

As always you completely miss the point.  I am asking what motivates those who consistently post negatives about the team.  What does that do to make them feel better?  I sincerely don't get that attitude, and would sincerely like to know what the rationale is for such behavior.

Am I saying people should be banned?  No.  Am I saying one should never be negative?  No.  I am saying that you should actually have some basis for it.  Note my OP was before the first game.  Do they deserve criticism for the performance Sunday?  Of course.   I said on this very site that I have watched games since 1960 and I can't remember a worse performance.

But here's an example of what I mean.  Before the season starts, before a pass gets thrown, how many people here were saying Allen is a bust?  What is the purpose of that?  What exactly do posters like that achieve, and what motivates that?  Any rational thought process would tell you no one has any idea just yet, but folks like that for some reason get their jollies out of spewing that kind of negativity.

I have no problem with negativity when warranted, as after the debacle on Sunday.  I do wonder about those who are negative just to be negative, and I'd love to see an explanation..

My guess is that while you may not be a troll, this entire thread is certainly a troll thread.   The "debacle on Sunday" wasn't a fluke, and pretending it was is disingenuous.

And FYI, you aren't going to shame or intimidate me into silence about how McDermott and Beane have screwed the pooch over these past two years.

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

My guess is that while you may not be a troll, this entire thread is certainly a troll thread.   The "debacle on Sunday" wasn't a fluke, and pretending it was is disingenuous.

And FYI, you aren't going to shame or intimidate me into silence about how McDermott and Beane have screwed the pooch over these past two years.

Who said it was a fluke?  Who is pretending that?  Not me. I said Sunday night it was the worst opening game in my memory, and my memory goes back to 1960.

Now you're just making things up and it's ridiculous. 

Shame you?  Intimidate you?  How absurd.  It is a discussion about the Bills, and I asked a question.  What is the motivation of those who can only see negatives about the team for whom they are a fan.  And that's intimidating?  Shaming?  Please.  Some around here talk about those who see positives as being overly sensitive to criticism, etc.  If you can be shamed or intimidated by a question on a Bills chat room you need help.

How about you just answer the question, because I really am intrigued by that attitude.  I don't understand it.  You claim the current HC and GM know nothing.  You do realize they are the same two guys that got them to the playoffs, right?  So how exactly did they screw the pooch last year?  I am not saying people around here have no right to their opinion.  I am asking you to explain it using some actual objective criteria.  And we may disagree, which is absolutely fine by me.  But let's have discussion based on real data.

I think they should be criticized when criticism is deserved.  You can pile the criticism on everyone in the organization for the train wreck on Sunday.  McD can't have his team come out like that, it's unacceptable.  I don't understand why they play Ducasse.  I would like to see them bring another G or two in.  I have no problem being critical; that is different than those who see only negatives even before any actual data, like the stuff about Allen where some already declare him a bust.  Or I believe your pet project, about how the Bills don't care about winning and simply want to put more money in Terry's pocket, despite all evidence to the contrary.  And then you complain when they try to make moves and they don't pan out (like Coleman) because it cost them cap money.  That make no sense.

So what is the answer?  Why the continuing, relentless negativity?  They deserve it for Sunday's game, but not for everything they've done so far.  What is your answer, if it isn't too intimidating to ask? 

On 9/1/2018 at 11:12 AM, Ittakestime said:

These are many of the pieces of the final product and it is not positive.

I'm a huge believer in football IQ is a god given ability.  It can't be taught.  When push comes to shove, everyone goes back to their instincts.  Allen has never had good football instincts.

How can you say hes never had good football instincts?  How many games did you watch at Wyoming? How many at JuCo? Why arent you at 1 BD if you're a mind reader and all world scout?

2 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

How can you say hes never had good football instincts?  How many games did you watch at Wyoming? How many at JuCo? Why arent you at 1 BD if you're a mind reader and all world scout?

The post you refer to is a very good example of what puzzles me and why I started the thread.

50 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The post you refer to is a very good example of what puzzles me and why I started the thread.

I think (hope) everyone can see the point of your thread. The one mistake you made was saying fans "hate" the bills, that left the wiggle room for all the keyboard warriors to shoot holes in the thread as if some one was trying to take their fan card away. Ironically it just gives more ammo to those complainers who like to start fights. What can ya do

Just now, BillsMafia13 said:

I think (hope) everyone can see the point of your thread. The one mistake you made was saying fans "hate" the bills, that left the wiggle room for all the keyboard warriors to shoot holes in the thread as if some one was trying to take their fan card away. Ironically it just gives more ammo to those complainers who like to start fights. What can ya do

Yeah, maybe the wrong word.

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

Lets not be so dramatic guy, no ones trying to throw you in guantanamo bay,  its just a post about a game. 

Edited by BillsMafia13

OP: wahhh why are people so negative? 

Everyone else: because our team sucks

OP: wahhh but why are people so negative? 

Everyone else: because our offensive line is terrible, we have no legitimate receivers, our defense seems to have taken a step backwards, and our coaches seem to get outsmarted constantly. 

Everyone else: Seriously? We just answered you twice. 

Everyone else: Okay bye.

We don't hate the Bills. We hate the way the organization operates, and maybe someone who matters can

bring in real football people to change things.

We want NFL football, with a chance to go to the SB. We don't have that. Backing into the playoffs on another

teams last desperate play, was not a positive because it made people think we were improving. If we didn't get

a reject WR from Carolina who pushed off in the end zone possibly costing us the  playoff game maybe we would

have been improving. 

I'm not even sure it's that they hate the Bills as much as they post their opinion and don't want to be proven wrong.  95% of the posters here have little real understanding compared to actual NFL coaches, etc. but that doesn't stop any of them form posting their opinion and anyone who doesn't agree is just plain dumb.  They get roasted for what they wrote, so then they become negative more for trying to prove they are right about what they posted.  They'll often then double down on an earlier post with another one again to prove they are right and just snow balls from there.

So it's more proving they are right, than anything against the Bills.  But based on their posts, the only way to  prove they are right is to bash the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Well I think its pretty easy to figure out. 

I don't think there is any dark motive behind it, some depression induced psychological anger that members get out by coming on this message board. 

I just think you have to be honest as a fan. The Bills organization has been around since 1959/1960 and they've been a losing organization for almost all of it, outside of 1988-1993. 

The Bills haven't won a Playoff game since 1995. 

If you're a Bills fan, you get to debate whether Nate Peterman should start, or if Josh Allen will be "ruined" behind a horrible offensive line. Our Coach wants to run the ball in snowy Buffalo and punt, meanwhile QBs all over are throwing for 400 yards. 

Since I don't get it, and always miss the point, my question back to you what do you want fans to talk about? Should Jason Croom get more reps? Maybe we could talk about when Wyatt Teller is ready to play, or if Vontae Davis will make an impact this year?

What do you want from Bills fans?

Fans were pessimistic about Allen because guys like Greg Cosell said the guy is inaccurate. He didn't have a great college career. He got drafted because our GM wanted Cam Newton. He talked specifically about Cam Newton the day after the draft on WGR 550 on the Howard Simon show.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well I think its pretty easy to figure out. 

I don't think there is any dark motive behind it, some depression induced psychological anger that members get out by coming on this message board. 

I just think you have to be honest as a fan. The Bills organization has been around since 1959/1960 and they've been a losing organization for almost all of it, outside of 1988-1993. 

The Bills haven't won a Playoff game since 1995. 

If you're a Bills fan, you get to debate whether Nate Peterman should start, or if Josh Allen will be "ruined" behind a horrible offensive line. Our Coach wants to run the ball in snowy Buffalo and punt, meanwhile QBs all over are throwing for 400 yards. 

Since I don't get it, and always miss the point, my question back to you what do you want fans to talk about? Should Jason Croom get more reps? Maybe we could talk about when Wyatt Teller is ready to play, or if Vontae Davis will make an impact this year?

What do you want from Bills fans?

Reasonable discussion. Not just assuming everything is wrong, not just that everything is negative.  Not assuming everything will be bad. 

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm not even sure it's that they hate the Bills as much as they post their opinion and don't want to be proven wrong.  95% of the posters here have little real understanding compared to actual NFL coaches

Every college and pro coach would destroy any football fan by discussing the options on a basic formation 

A fan wouldn’t last 5 seconds with a coach 

Edited by row_33