Da Bears Preseason Announcing Team

eball

honest to sweet baby jesus, on touchdowns this is what they say: "Touchdown, Bear down!"

EDIT>  DANG IT. Two posts about same thing. It's so bad, however that it's worth reading twice. 

Edited by HansLanda
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

honest to sweet baby jesus, on touchdowns this is what they say: "Touchdown, Bear down!"

EDIT>  DANG IT. Two posts about same thing. It's so bad, however that it's worth reading twice. 

We posted at exactly the same time!

I honestly scanned the thread first and was shocked nobody else noticed this before!

• Haha (+1) 1

4th quarter on Bills' game-winning drive:

2nd-and-3 on Bears' 49:  "I'm smellin' an interception right now, Jim...I'm just smellin' it I'm gonna call my shot."

With 0:45 left: "Remember about an hour ago when this was a Bears blowout, this one was just put the women and children to bed and looking for dinner" -- what?

0:28 left:  "Soldier Field, August 30, on their feet...Let's go Bears, you can feel it, the seats are shaking" -- :doh:

Unreal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Anyone else watch this game on Game Pass and get the Bears' feed?  Apparently they gave the Good Morning Football host Kyle Brandt (a Chicago native) an opportunity to do the play-by-play and this was some of the most over the top, hyped commentary I've ever seen in a preseason game.  I was either laughing or shaking my head throughout the broadcast -- just wondered if anyone else had the same reaction.  Obviously he's a successful dude but he came across like a tool.

That was pretty bad and embarrassing. I like watching Kyle on Good Morning Football but he was just awful as a commentator. Everything was a joke and a bad joke at that. 

Preseason announcers are almost always atrocious, no matter the team.

I've actually heard some from a couple of teams that I've liked over the years (can't remember who) but most of them are terrible.

14 minutes ago, eball said:

4th quarter on Bills' game-winning drive:

2nd-and-3 on Bears' 49:  "I'm smellin' an interception right now, Jim...I'm just smellin' it I'm gonna call my shot."

With 0:45 left: "Remember about an hour ago when this was a Bears blowout, this one was just put the women and children to bed and looking for dinner" -- what?

0:28 left:  "Soldier Field, August 30, on their feet...Let's go Bears, you can feel it, the seats are shaking" -- :doh:

Unreal.

That Brandt dude couldnt shut his trap. His yapping was like a drunk low IQ jock who doesnt really have a clue about life in general. 

I admit, I had the TV on mute for long stretches of time as I couldnt bear to listen to that IQ-reducing banter. 

47 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Ruined it for me too. And apparently Jim Miller's been cone-heading deep dish pizzas. Get in my belly!

Jim MIller's take on the review of the incomplete pass was obnoxious. Bro, of course it looks like he got control, they showed the play in super slow motion. Plays like that need to be shown at full speed on replay to determine control. We know he lost it and we know he bobbled it, so its what constitutes control. He held that ball for less than a second before hitting the ground and the ball started moving. To me, that isn't control there Milly. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Much discussion on this in the game thread.  It was no better than  drunken fan banter.

Exactly. When my wife commented on the announcers, I said, "It's like sitting in someone's man cave listening to a couple of fans."

1 hour ago, eball said:

Anyone else watch this game on Game Pass and get the Bears' feed?  Apparently they gave the Good Morning Football host Kyle Brandt (a Chicago native) an opportunity to do the play-by-play and this was some of the most over the top, hyped commentary I've ever seen in a preseason game.  I was either laughing or shaking my head throughout the broadcast -- just wondered if anyone else had the same reaction.  Obviously he's a successful dude but he came across like a tool.

that was the worst announcing team I have ever listened to made it hard to even watch muted it after first series.  Most of time didn't even talk about the actual game being played.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Makes you long for Beth Mowins, eh?

I usually don't care about the announcing, but this broadcast was miserable.  I can't believe a market the size of Chicago's couldn't bring in better talent.  Isn't Greg Gumbel a Chicago native?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

It's funny. Even in the YouTube highlights , I was laughing at the commentary . I kind of appreciated the excitement for a game with a lot of guys who will never touch the field this season but wayyy over the top ..

I like Brandt and that show though , they seem to understand how special Buffalo is to the NFL and always give the Bills a fair shake