Hats off to A.J.

52 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Hats off to AJ but also to EJ.  Last night against the Seahawks, EJ went 18-22, 255 YDS and 3 TDS.  Good for him.

EJ historically tears it up in preseason game #4 against the lowest levels of NFL talent.  There is a HUGE talent gap.

They better not run that play that was the pick six again in the regular season because it will be a pick six again unless Allen guns it. Having a running back run ten yards and then turn around and wait for the ball is stupid, as they just don't run patterns like WR. Even Cadet who runs good patterns for a RB. It's a pick six waiting to happen. AJ threw a horrible ball but a RB is just not going to plant and turn around and come back to the ball fast enough on a pattern like that. Even Shady probably wouldn't and he has some of the fastest feet in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

EJ historically tears it up in preseason game #4 against the lowest levels of NFL talent.  There is a HUGE talent gap.

Yet, he tore it up, probably with his backup job on the line.  We are praising a guy we signed to be a possible starter for coming back against 4th stringers and guys who are going to our of the league.

I mean good for him for keeping competing.  I’d rather have him on roster anyways but it’s kinda crazy to overvalue it.  

1 minute ago, Dave Allen said:

The comeback and his actions/comments show a lot of character. Whether or not he makes the 53, I wish him the best.

Why wouldn't AJ make the team? He's a proven NFL backup and thus far Peterman or Allen haven't proven to be an NFL starter. Toss in AJ is a good guy in the locker room etc and we aren't paying starting money he seems like he secured himself a job with his 4th quarter performance and I can't see a better veteran QB being available after final cuts. 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I think that it would be a big mistake for the Bill to release AJ.

I thought he did fine given the cast around him.  Just like I did it against Allen last week, I am taking the same approach with AJ.

.....didn't expect much in his first action since injury...........

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

^^^ This.

AJ plays like crap, Well he played great at Alabama 5 years ago so he obviously is good. 

Oh, like 13-33 good?

I mean if Christian Hackenberg were here and he was telling us how good he is because of how good he played at Penn state that one year it would make sense, but it doesnt.

McCarron is not a starter, never has been, never will be.

He is a backup QB, an above average backup QB, but a backup.

I'm so glad we can finally get past, AJ throwing for 4,000 yards and 30 TD's like some were predicting when the Bills signed him. 

I must hand it to most UGA Fans.....they did take the loss pretty well.

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yet, he tore it up, probably with his backup job on the line.  We are praising a guy we signed to be a possible starter for coming back against 4th stringers and guys who are going to our of the league.

I mean good for him for keeping competing.  I’d rather have him on roster anyways but it’s kinda crazy to overvalue it.  

I am not praising McCarron.  I think he doesn't deserve a spot on the roster personally.

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Um alright?

Well, I saw your location and sensed that it might explain some hostility. :)

If AJ is as bad as you think he is, you should want him to start. Allen will get destroyed behind our OL and Peterman must prove that he isn't the worst QB in the history of the NFL.

That said, I am 100% pleased that they drafted Allen. 100%.

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

If AJ is as bad as you think he is, you should want him to start. Allen will get destroyed behind our OL and Peterman must prove that he isn't the worst QB in the history of the NFL.

He reminds you of Ryan Mallett, huh? ?

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He reminds you of Ryan Mallett, huh? ?

Mallett was an absolute failure but he is 100x better than Peterman will ever be, or so I think.  He could throw a better out pattern with his left hand than Peterman could with a running start. :)

As for Allen, he is a lot more athletic than Mallett and also has a cannon.

Edited by Bill from NYC

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

When he was here,  EJ couldn't go 18-22 hitting the water from a dock. I know it was against scrubs, just saying good for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

Mallett was an absolute failure but he is 100x better than Peterman will ever be, or so I think.  He could throw a better out pattern with his left hand than Peterman could with a running start. :)

As for Allen, he is a lot more athletic than Mallett and also has a cannon.

I’m not high on Peterman but I think you underestimating how terrible Mallett is.  He has a career 66 qb rating.  And while Peterman is limited, I’m pretty convinced he won’t sleep through team meetings and have a cocaine problem. 

As for Allen, I’m not a fan of the pick.  These guys rarely pan out.  But that’s why they need to be as Patient as possible with him.  You start him to early, all his bad habits will kick back in. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

IM a UGA fan, Im not sure what me being a UGA fan has to do with me continually thinking McCarron is not good.

And if you look around the league at this past offseason with the crazy money that was thrown around at QB's the rest of the league somewhat agrees. 

Why was McCarron the last one to get a contract.

When he ran the Bengals offense it was the same issues you saw here and the Bengals offense took a nose dive. 

Hes was not good, IMO, and he has done nothing to prove to me this year that he is going to improve.