Bills hire Phoebe Schecter, NFL’s 3rd female coach

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Who am I signaling? There's no women on this forum, as far as I know. It's just boring to see a photo of a woman and you shut-ins slobbering over her. I'm here for football talk. Wanna talk about her qualifications, great, let's do that. 

Of course there are!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I could have sworn we spoke about this before.  

was it last season or was it that she was part time? 

Mike RodakESPN Staff Writer   Aug 10, 2017

Phoebe Schecter, a Connecticut native who plays and coaches football in England, will conclude a three-week internship with the Bills when they open their preseason Thursday night against the Minnesota Vikings.

Sam Rapoport, whom the NFL hired to help identify and train potential female candidates for coaching and scouting jobs, chats with Bills co-owner Kim Pegula, who passed Phoebe Schecter's name to coach Sean McDermott. 

r241932_2_576x324_16-9.jpg&w=570    Great-Britain-2017-Phoebe-Schecter.6.jpg

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I could have sworn we spoke about this before.  

was it last season or was it that she was part time? 

Mike RodakESPN Staff Writer   Aug 10, 2017

Phoebe Schecter, a Connecticut native who plays and coaches football in England, will conclude a three-week internship with the Bills when they open their preseason Thursday night against the Minnesota Vikings.

In the past it was primarily for training camp, the announcement today is a season long promotion

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Who am I signaling? There's no women on this forum, as far as I know. It's just boring to see a photo of a woman and you shut-ins slobbering over her. I'm here for football talk. Wanna talk about her qualifications, great, let's do that. 

I haven't been following the yapping, but there are definitely women on this forum. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

It’s official. You are not aware.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I haven't been following the yapping, but there are definitely women on this forum. 

You're a woman?   

Whats next? You'll tell me that CGF is one too? 

FWIW   I truly hope you don't take offense 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Not sure too many men use the moniker "gal". 

Your third question ... is that English? 

fat fingers ....   my bad.       You'll tell me that CGF is one too?

Women get me flustered ..   ;):)

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

Okay, well I guess I should've noticed YOUR screen name before

and lets not forget Estelle Getty

CGF is CowgirlsFan

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Congrats to her and the Bills. Let’s see if we can have a thread about this without any sex cracks or comments on her appearance. 

Like there is something wrong with that.

I think this board is predominantly hetero and guys might find her attractive.

I hope she does well in her job.

2 hours ago, JoeF said:

Phoebe plays LB on the British National Women's Team and also plays on a men's team in London.   She's been a coaching intern for two years with the Bills.  Congrats to her.  Just from video clips, she fits the culture..she can also teach technique based on the tackles in this video

Was expecting a sexy accent,

2 hours ago, brianthomas said:

It's good for her, good for the NFL, is it good for the Bills & the improvement of our players? I don't know. Kinda like how our QB's coach Culley hasnt coached the position in some 30 odd years, here's another coach being added that appears as more of a student than a teacher.

From an ESPN article 20 days ago, it says: Schecter's role for three weeks with the Bills included compiling play scripts for practice, assisting defensive backs coach Gill Byrd in running drills during practice and helping break down film from each session.

So i guess her role is more of a support role?

I guess that helps. I'm sure our coaching staff needs as much help as it can get.

While this is a good story for the Bills & NFL in general & will garner some national press. The lack of quality coaches in key areas of our team worries me.

Hopefully I'm wrong to worry & our players are coached to their strengths & are able to succeed.

GO BILLS!

David Culley is a fantastic coach and very well respected 

he has done nothing but good things for our QB room

he is a football coach first and foremost and a very good one