The ransom is set: two first round picks for Khalil Mack !!!!!

B_4_life

32 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Mario was one of the best pass rushers in the NFL in Buffalo under Pettine, Schwartz. His problems started when Rex Ryan took him out of a 4-3 and put him in his 3-4 defense to play DE. Thus instead of asking him to solely rush the passer, he was asked to take on the 300 plus offensive tackle or drop into pass coverage while the Bills craptastic linebackers were supposed to make plays. This is why Rex Ryan's defense sucked so badly! 

Dareus not only had off the field issues he also got lazy in Buffalo once he got that big contract. 

While Mack is a force to be reckoned with in Oakland's 4-3 defensive scheme. He is also somewhat undersized as an NFL defensive end @ 6'3 252 LBs. Mario was 6'6' 300 Lbs.

Like I said in an earlier post in this thread that the Bills and Bills fans have been down this road before with a pass rusher. The Bills led the NFL in sacks and pass rush and it didn't even get them into the playoffs. 

At this point, the Bills need more talent at many positions rather than one DE who can rush the passer. 

As for all the fans wanting to give up TWO first round picks for Mack. Just remember that in the time leading up to the last draft that 90% of Bills fans wanted this FO to give up TWO first round picks and perhaps that 2019 first round pick all to the NY Giants to move up to take Josh Rosen with the #2 overall pick. :w00t:

Both Beane and McD know what they are doing and I highly doubt we will ever see Mack in a Bills uni for anything close to even a number one pick or make the guy one of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL. Leave this to the more stupid NFL GM's. 

Post of the year. I quoted it just so i can be associated with it 

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Mario was one of the best pass rushers in the NFL in Buffalo under Pettine, Schwartz. His problems started when Rex Ryan took him out of a 4-3 and put him in his 3-4 defense to play DE. Thus instead of asking him to solely rush the passer, he was asked to take on the 300 plus offensive tackle or drop into pass coverage while the Bills craptastic linebackers were supposed to make plays. This is why Rex Ryan's defense sucked so badly! 

Dareus not only had off the field issues he also got lazy in Buffalo once he got that big contract. 

While Mack is a force to be reckoned with in Oakland's 4-3 defensive scheme. He is also somewhat undersized as an NFL defensive end @ 6'3 252 LBs. Mario was 6'6' 300 Lbs.

Like I said in an earlier post in this thread that the Bills and Bills fans have been down this road before with a pass rusher. The Bills led the NFL in sacks and pass rush and it didn't even get them into the playoffs. 

At this point, the Bills need more talent at many positions rather than one DE who can rush the passer. 

As for all the fans wanting to give up TWO first round picks for Mack. Just remember that in the time leading up to the last draft that 90% of Bills fans wanted this FO to give up TWO first round picks and perhaps that 2019 first round pick all to the NY Giants to move up to take Josh Rosen with the #2 overall pick. :w00t:

Both Beane and McD know what they are doing and I highly doubt we will ever see Mack in a Bills uni for anything close to even a number one pick or make the guy one of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL. Leave this to the more stupid NFL GM's. 

The one main ingredient Buffalo was missing when it comes to making the playoffs had more to do with the QB position then anything IMO.

To say Buffalo led the NFL before in sacks yet failed to make the playoffs like it was a waste of time doesn't make much sense in my humble opinion. 

Both Beane and McD do know what their doing and although Mack may never play in Buffalo the Bills still showed interest knowing he wouldn't come cheap.

Is there any rumors as to what Khalil Mack wants for a contract and what the Raiders have offered?

Has Mack every bad mouthed the Raider organization before the contract breakdown?

It's speculated that Mack wants 20 million a year minimum.  I can see that.

What are the Raiders saying?  18, 19, 17?

Now Gruden is telling other teams he will entertain trade deals for 2 1st round picks.

If Mack is good enough for that AND the team will have to pay him too...................

this is starting to sound like Gruden wants to "use" Mack to build his "war chest".

I'm thinking that maybe Gruden has purposely low balled Mack to create this situation.

If that's true then I can see why Mack is adamant in sitting out and forcing Gruden to do something.

3 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

I'm not saying we should send 2 1st round picks over BUT... The Bills have 2 1st round picks on the team from 2000 to present. 1 is Shaq which I'm sure everyone agrees is a bust. The other is Tre. Mack is a known probowler. The 2 ones we save may or may not be busts. They are the unknown

Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds are also 1st rounders....Just sayin

15 minutes ago, papazoid said:

if Mack was in next years draft....he'd be the first pick.

Top 100 Players 2018

#16 Mack

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000930293

Not if there is a decent QB available, and only if Mack can find a “way back machine” to make him 22 years old (instead of 28) this coming April.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, papazoid said:

if Mack was in next years draft....he'd be the first pick.

Top 100 Players 2018

#16 Mack

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000930293

This is a pretty good point

What is the quality of this next year's draft....it is supposed to be a poor QB draft.....does appear to have pass rushing talent.

If you look at it in a way that you are getting what would have been the best player in next year's draft and you are paying extra for that luxery.....it doesnt sting so much.

Our QB is on a rookie deal.....now could be the time to consider this (not 2 first round picks though)

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is a pretty good point

What is the quality of this next year's draft....it is supposed to be a poor QB draft.....does appear to have pass rushing talent.

If you look at it in a way that you are getting what would have been the best player in next year's draft and you are paying extra for that luxery.....it doesnt sting so much.

Our QB is on a rookie deal.....now could be the time to consider this (not 2 first round picks though)

2019 NFL draft rankings: It’s going to be a great year for pass rushers

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2018/8/30/17794992/2019-nfl-mock-draft-players-rankings-nick-bosa-ed-oliver-justin-herbert-dexter-lawrence

DRAFTWIRE Has Buffalo selecting the first overall pick.

1. Buffalo Bills | Nick Bosa | EDGE | Ohio State
It's best player available for the Bills, who already have what they hope is a franchise…

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/gallery/2019-nfl-mock-draft-updated-projections-heading-into-week-1/

Walterfootball.com also has the Buffalo Bills selecting the #1 overall pick in the 2019 NFL draft.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019charlie.php

I mentioned this earlier and I realize hindsight is twenty twenty but if memory serves me correctly the Bills moved up and used an additional First Round pick on Sammy when just one pick later they could have drafted Mack, and so now they’re going to spend two more First Round picks on him? That’d probably make Mack the most ‘expensive’ selection in the history of the NFL. Pretty frightening when you look at it that way.

If I recall correctly we still had Mario Williams at that time, and we had just signed Hughes to an extension either that year or the year before.   we led the NFL in sacks.    At the time, pass rush was very much not a need at all.  But Whaley was looking for a WR to pair with his QB EJ.   

Hindsight is always 20/20 if you look at things based off this teams needs, not what this team needed 4-5 ears ago.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

No way. We will have a top 5 or even top 3 pick in the next draft and 2 picks in the top 37. I'm sure we can get a great pair of day 1 starters if Beane gets it together.

Yep.  Or package the first rounder for a bunch of premium picks, like Indy did this year.

5 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

If I recall correctly we still had Mario Williams at that time, and we had just signed Hughes to an extension either that year or the year before.   we led the NFL in sacks.    At the time, pass rush was very much not a need at all.  But Whaley was looking for a WR to pair with his QB EJ.   

Hindsight is always 20/20 if you look at things based off this teams needs, not what this team needed 4-5 ears ago.  

That's why teams should ALWAYS draft best player available, because you won't know your needs when that draft pick finally learns how to play.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

That's why teams should ALWAYS draft best player available, because you won't know your needs when that draft pick finally learns how to play.

The mistake was moving up at all, had they stayed put and drafted BPA they would have come away with ODB or Mike Evans without sacrificing a 1st round pick the following year.  They still wouldn't have had a shot at Mack though