Saints trade 3rd round pick for Teddy Bridgewater

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The NY Post wrote an article blasting the Jets front office a few days ago because basically thr majority of the draft picks McCagnan has taken in his years there are in danger of being cut this year...they are saying street free agents are coming in and leapfrogging players picked by him and they said his draft record so far has been abysmal.  Look up the article it was only wrote a few dyas ago...believe it was by Maneesh Meta

Ill check it out for sure.  But, when I look at their roster I dont see that.

I see issues at edge rusher, wideout, tight end and to an extent inside linebacker.  Their offensive line is better than ours, not a hard task.    They have an above average secondary,  some nice players at runningback.   Quarterback, remains to be seen.

I dont disagree that they have a bad roster in comparison with the good teams in the league, I just think they have a very similar long view as the Bills. 

10 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Yes...and I would think the trade takes the Jets out of the Mack Sweepstakes? The word was...Teddy and a 2019 1st for Mack.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Well now we dont have to worry about the jets trading Bridgewater for Mack

What makes you guys think they wouldn’t offer a 1st and the 3rd they got for Teddy?

I would think the Raiders would value a 3rd over Teddy anyway. I think it makes a deal for Mack even more possible.

3 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

What makes you guys think they wouldn’t offer a 1st and the 3rd they got for Teddy?

I would think the Raiders would value a 3rd over Teddy anyway. I think it makes a deal for Mack even more possible.

Jets fans in my office are all expecting the pick to be packaged for Mack, they are getting giddy.

40 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He was the best QB in Jets camp and preseason, he looked like a legit starter.  Now, will that transfer to the regular season, will his body hold up, etc is another question.  But he certainly looked the part.  Almost 74% of his passes complete, 8.3 YPA, and 2 TD's, 1 INT.  Its just preseason, and didnt follow Jets close enough to evaluate the stat line in more depth, but when I was watching highlights, he certainly looked pretty good to me.  

Yeah pretty good that Teddy.  Not quite as good as Nate though.  ?

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Haha (+1) 1

This looks like a good deal for all parties involved.  The Jests get a 3rd round pick for a backup QB and don't end up paying much in the way of his salary & bonuses.  The Saints get an NFL QB with starting experience who has shown that he has come back from injury and can be effective.  With Drew Brees getting up around 40 (I don't know his exact age), Bridgewater becomes a legitimate future option.  For Bridgewater, he gets an opportunity to sit behind a Hall of Fame QB, with an opportunity to show his wares in practice and potentially re-sign and become the future starter.  If Brees gets injured, Bridgewater's opportunity comes even sooner.

Edited by msw2112

1 hour ago, zevo said:

Fantastic job by the JETS...I’m def jealous....their rookie is starting and the nabbed a 3rd rounder...bravo

Yeah, I thought Darnold was the best QB in the draft. I think the Bills were high on him. Many Bills fans & myself thought we had the picks to get the guy we wanted but I think the Jets out foxed us. Screw the Jets & the frigging Colts. I hope Allen pans out for us. If the Colts every call to move up in the draft, I hope Beane strings them along & then drops them like a lead balloon.

24 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

What I'm seeing from Jets fans in my family and friends that they're not happy with the compensation for Teddy. They wanted a second at least. They are not the smartest bunch but I do think getting Teddy for a third is rather cheap. 

That would've been the fleecing of the decade if the Jets got a 2nd for a smallish QB who hasn't played in a year and a half after a devastating knee injury. Plus it's not like he set the world on fire when he was healthy. But hey, he's looked great in the preseason? Tell your friends and family they did very well.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Other than this past year, the Saints offense (since Brees) is definitely not a "great fit" for a low output QB like Bridgewater. 

I guess they assume they will run on teams like last year for many years to come.

He was still # 9 in pass attempts last year with over 500.

Even using last year as an example, they still threw the ball a TON.