Forgotten Songs, Albums, and Groups

T&C

Damn!  How do you top this guilty pleasure (1992):

Sophie B. it cranking out 15 million views, all to the bitter end no doubt! 

Gugny... If you ain't cranking it, you're spanking it... Which you are probably doing (both) anyway!  You can thank me later @ the Tennessee game!

EDIT:  The treat of the video and Sophie B. , you weirdos! 

?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

15 hours ago, T&C said:

2 hour cassettes... thin tape and and sound. I liked the 90 min ones, still have a few.

Montrose. Not a band we hear about much anymore, good choice.

I can ask a dozen people and nearly 10 will say they never heard of Montrose..  

Ronny Montrose and Sammy Hagar!!!  Never heard of them???   oye 

17 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Thank the Good Lord for drugs. Without them Rock 'n' Roll would have died decades ago.

coo coo ca cho   damn straight 

3 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'm not so sure about that.  Most of the kids today are more concerned with Taylor Swift, rap/hip-hop, and the like.  I haven't asked any of them if they know who the Sex Pistols are; they may have 'heard' of them just because of the unique name, but I doubt they could identify any of their music or know who Johhny Rotten (Lydon) is.

You can say that about anything from the 60’s and 70’s, or even later. I’m sure there are kids who know nothing about the Beatles either. I think though that most any kid who has an interest in rock and rock history would have at least heard of the Sex Pistols. I can’t consider them as being obscure, especially compared to the other acts mentioned in this thread. You can’t write the history of music without them.

Edited by Rico

Elastica, one great album (the eponymous "Elastica") of catchy alt/rock/pop. They had a second album ("The Menace") several years later, which was far inferior.

Here a live version of "Waking Up" with Damon Albarn (Blur, Gorillaz) having his fun on the keyboards.

Edited by DrW
  • Like (+1) 1

I half-heard Girls Just Wanna Have Fun the other day at brunch and instantly recaptured the whole song and video without thinking about it for 30 or so years.

i had never concluded it was a ska influenced tune until this week.

1 hour ago, I'm Spartacus said:

See the source image

Did you see the moon last night, hung like a Chinese ball?

Fondly remembered:

The Alpha Band.  Formed by members of Dylan's Rolling Thunder review.  1976, album:  'The Alpha Band', killer track:  'Interviews'.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

I first heard them in my cousins room in East Amherst in 1973-4 on the King Biscuit Flower Hour... had me hooked ever since. Her and Michelle Phillips are my rock goddesses lol. I know they toured last year... from what I know Annie is a breast cancer survivor. This is from 2011:

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"My point: you should like what you like when you like it for the reasons that you like it regardless what others like or think you should like."

Strange... I wonder who just said this.  ?

Point well taken. Laughing at myself.

Still..Stevie Nicks? :)

• 3 years later...
19 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A GREAT album. Right after the band sold their souls for middle-of-the-road success. 

I stopped by a yard sale last Saturday... lady had some albums so I'm going through them and came upon a copy. But, there was no vinyl inside, just the cover... bummer. I have a copy but I'll always grab good stuff for a buck.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.