In Boston...wearing Bills gear...getting heckled...BUT...

Big Turk

4 hours ago, JCBoston said:

Eh, don't worry about it.  Come on down to the Harp for opening day and everything will be unicorns and rainbows.

yeah baby! I'll be there with my twin boys! Don't you love observing the few baffled Pats "fans" at the Harp,  staring as us (200+ crazed Bills fans) with dazed looks on their faces, sipping their foofy craft beers at the bar ... ?

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Another fun game to play is walking around the city asking everybody you see to explain the infamous fumble chart. Ah, good times! 

53EB0AC6-3A4C-43C9-8B6C-B70EDA2A8BBD.jpeg

for statistics aficionados: 2007-2014, bootstrap test, p < 0.00000000001 ...  

Edited by Stranded in Boston
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

You sure showed them

I don’t for a second believe more than 2 percent of serious NFL fans outside Buffalo could identify the Bills logo or care at all if they could

7 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I was in Massachusetts for three years while I went to school. I have a lot of very good friends from my time there, but I can say with ease that they are the hardest fans to deal with in all of sports. Especially around my age (18-24) all they've ever done is win with the Pats, Celtics, Bruins and Red Sox winning championships in their lifetime. If one team isn't playing well, they just abandon it for whatever team is playing well, or they talk about how bad X,Y and Z are and how they're "tired of losing".

Any time you try and have a civil conversation about sports, it turns into "We're better than you", "How many duck boat parades have you had?", "Brady has 5 rings", "28-3" , "Look at all of our banners", "TB12", "The GOAT". They couldn't have a conversation or discussion, because they really didn't know all that much, so they would always default to the 6-7 things they did know. They got pretty brutal, and it became evident that they didn't know how to lose. The entire season they started with the annoying saying that "Our regular season doesn't start until January, the first 17 weeks of the season are irrelevant to us". It was awful.

The worst scenario was the Gronkowski incident when he jumped on Tre White's head. They all defended Gronk during the game, saying Tre deserved it, that what Gronk did wasn't even that bad. Then come basketball season there was a play where Al Horford got pushed from behind under the net and they started FLIPPING out saying how dirty it was because he fell. They decided to ask my opinion, and I said " At someone didn't jump on his head after he was laying on the ground. Nothing is worse than that". They didn't like that, and said it was two totally different scenarios, and the Gronk's play wasn't dirty.

It was amazing when they were getting destroyed by the Falcons the first half of the Super Bowl how many people gave up, threw things, locked themselves in their room, cried. made excuses. It was a sneak peak into what will happen when Brady and Belicheck retire. I just wish they didn't come back, because that next week was miserable to live through.

There are so many more stories I can't share. I HATE BOSTON SPORTS FANS.

They are a completely insufferable yet extremely insecure bunch despite all of the recent success by their teams. Those 'Mass-holes' are quite the dichotomy.

masshole%2Bmap.jpg

Edited by ExWNYer
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I still have not found a Patriot fan that could name 5 players from before the Tom Brady era...I've asked 4 of the people who talked trash to me to name 5 players from before Tom Brady became QB...

One got 3, one got 2 and the others got 1 each...i then proceeded to rattle off about 15 players for them off the top of my head...

Confirms what we already knew...Patriot fans are the ultimate front runners and bandwagon fans...

All they could say to me after i did that was some version of "Yeah well your team still sucks!".

I told them I was revoking their fan card but not to worry because they could just pick another good team to root for and get an early head start for when the Patriots start sucking again once Brady and Bellichick retire.

tenor.gif?itemid=8684513

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...back in the 60's, the Rochester Jaycees used to host Bills exhibitions at the then Aquinas Stadium, a HS venue built in the 50's that held 20,000.....Aquinas HS used to play small college teams for the better competition.....Bills played the then BOSTON Patriots in 1967........oldtimers would remember Babe Parilli, Gino Cappellitti, Jim Nance, Houston Antwine, and even Nick Buoniconti.....

I thought he spent time with the Dolphins ?
But my age and senility laugh at me everyday.

I loved those helmets. The Center waiting to snap the ball and come at you.

Those were cool.

BTW i was not always a Bills fan..
 I was  Baltimore Colts fan at first. Had cards for J Unitas and Earl Morrall. the haircuts and the high tops are stuck in my mind.
They had a TE as well.

any guesses ?

32 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

They are a completely insufferable yet extremely insecure bunch despite all of the recent success by their teams. Those 'Mass-holes' are quite the dichotomy.

masshole%2Bmap.jpg

hilarious indeed !!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Those were cool.

I was  Baltimore Colts fan at first. Had cards for J Unitas and Earl Morrall. the haircuts and the high tops are stuck in my mind.
They had a TE as well.

any guesses ?

hilarious indeed !!

He is definitely more remembered for his time with Miami. He was an integral member of their 'No Name' defense.

I believe you're referring to John Mackey...although ,truth be told ,Raymond Chester is who first popped into my head. Chester wore #88 in Oakland though, not with Baltimore.

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

He is definitely more remembered for his time with Miami. He was an integral member of their 'No Name' defense.

I believe you're referring to John Mackey...although ,truth be told ,Raymond Chester is who first popped into my head. Chester wore #88 in Oakland though, not with Baltimore.

He’s thinking of Russ Francis, just has the wrong number 81 not 88.

8 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I did that as well when I worked in Boston area. Would also ask them why they think the pats dont cheat, it was sad listening to the reasons. They didn't know anyone besides Bledsoe or Martin. 

My brother and I were trying to find correct pronunciation of Brian Daboll's name (he always picks the wrong way to say the vowels. Always) so we asked bills fans leaving the panthers preseason game what the name of the Bills OC was. We asked close to 200 people and maybe 5 knew. Some people wanted to fight when they didn't know. 

Most fans have no interest in who the assistant coaches are and do not follow them. Not everyone is hardcore like you and we are on boards like this.

They do on the other hand follow the players and should be able to recall a handful given a period of years. 

55 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

masshole%2Bmap.jpg

When they say "dichotomy" with their heavy Boston accents.....it sounds like "get the dick-out-a-me"

Edited by cba fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Those were cool.

They had a TE as well.

any guesses ?

hilarious indeed !!

...yup Nicky B was a 'Fin...member of the "Killer B's".............

16 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

You are certainly correct Good Sir ! That was my favorite card.
Thanks for taking me back in time, recalling watching Patriots when they were huge underdogs and no one thought much of them.

We had issues with Patriots Fans at the Ralph. decades ago though.

I still loathe them generally speaking. When i pull up behind a car with a Patriots emblem. i get irritable and dislike the person.

true story.

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yup Nicky B was a 'Fin...member of the "Killer B's".............

not the names . But yes !

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I still have not found a Patriot fan that could name 5 players from before the Tom Brady era...I've asked 4 of the people who talked trash to me to name 5 players from before Tom Brady became QB...

One got 3, one got 2 and the others got 1 each...i then proceeded to rattle off about 15 players for them off the top of my head...

Confirms what we already knew...Patriot fans are the ultimate front runners and bandwagon fans...

All they could say to me after i did that was some version of "Yeah well your team still sucks!".

I told them I was revoking their fan card but not to worry because they could just pick another good team to root for and get an early head start for when the Patriots start sucking again once Brady and Bellichick retire.

Excellent post!  so very very true...most pat fans are douchebags

1 minute ago, JPP said:

Excellent post!  so very very true...most pat fans are douchebags

Perhaps they just seem so darned awful , because we Bills Fans are quite Excellent in most every way possible ?

I think so.

I knew this dude who was a huge Pats fan....wearing jerseys, talking **** about the Bills all the time....normally I'd just ignore him, but he did it this one time in front of a few friends and I just turned and asked him...can you name one...just one, of your offensive linemen....uh....ah....he couldn't do it.  I rattled off 4 of them.  He didn't talk too much **** in front of me again.  I was satisfied.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

I knew this dude who was a huge Pats fan....wearing jerseys, talking **** about the Bills all the time....normally I'd just ignore him, but he did it this one time in front of a few friends and I just turned and asked him...can you name one...just one, of your offensive linemen....uh....ah....he couldn't do it.  I rattled off 4 of them.  He didn't talk too much **** in front of me again.  I was satisfied.

Just my experience, but there are just d-bags everywhere.  Buffalo Bills fans are not excluded from this phenomenon.  I’ve been to away games in Miami, Charlotte, New England, San Diego, and Seattle.  

While there are differences between places, I have found that 98% of opposing fans are generally kind and respectful.  There’s the occasional good natured ribbing, but that’s part of the game day experience for a visiting fan.  

Then of course you have the 1-2% who are idiots.  You’ll have that anywhere.  I will say, however, that the ones with the loudest mouths are typically the ones who are the least knowledgable about their team.  I can’t prove it...I just know it to be a fact ?

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

Did you start with the LT who just left, and the one who’s already on IR? Who’s protecting Tommy?   I think you are too decent of a guy to have done that. (But I wouldn’t blame you!) 

• Haha (+1) 1

I couldn't do it for the Pats, but I think that's a function of my age. I'm only in my twenties, so I don't remember much before Brady.

But I could name a ton of players from the Bills. I love going back and watching highlights from the Superbowl years and from the 60's teams.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, cba fan said:

Most fans have no interest in who the assistant coaches are and do not follow them. Not everyone is hardcore like you and we are on boards like this.

Casual fans should be able to name the offensive coordinator. Esp when his name is in almost every article about the rookie qb.  Also have you been to a bills game? Every fan there claims to be hardcore. 

22 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Bledsoe, McGinnest, Robert Edwards, Curtis Martin, Milloy, Ty Law, Ben Coates. Off the top of my head. 

Not sure about Troy Brown? Kevin Faulk?

Off the top of my head I can tell you Bledsoe, Ty Law were with Brady after he took over and when he won a Super Bowl and as a Bills fan you sholud recall Milloy cam over to the Bills the year after the Pats won the first Super Bowl.  Troy Brown and Faulk both won multiple SBs with Brady,  I dont even know  Robert Edwards.

13 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Off the top of my head I can tell you Bledsoe, Ty Law were with Brady after he took over and when he won a Super Bowl and as a Bills fan you sholud recall Milloy cam over to the Bills the year after the Pats won the first Super Bowl.  Troy Brown and Faulk both won multiple SBs with Brady,  I dont even know  Robert Edwards.

All true. But they were also all in New England before the Brady era begun which I believe satisfies the original question. I can't think of any Patriots earlier than the Bledsoe/Martin/Parcells super bowl team. Keep in mind I didn't even start following football and the Bills till 1990.

Surprised nobody mentioned Andre Tippett, Ronnie Lippett, John Stephens,  Maurice Hurst, Hart Lee Dykes, and Irving Fryar...and of course who could forget Hugh Millen??

Lippett and Hurst really terrorized Kelly throughout his career, picking off quite a few passes if memory serves correctly...most ganes were a struggle against the Pats even when they sucked. We came out on top most of the time but there were a lot of 9-6 and 17-13 type games in there

Edited by matter2003

On 8/25/2018 at 10:36 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Bledsoe, McGinnest, Robert Edwards, Curtis Martin, Milloy, Ty Law, Ben Coates. Off the top of my head. 

Not sure about Troy Brown? Kevin Faulk?

Steve Grogan, Mosi Tatupu, Craig James, Stanley Morgan, Irving Fryar, Andre Tippett, John Hannah, Vagas Ferguson, Ronnie Lippett, Tony Eason, Tony Collins, Bruce Armstrong, Jim Plunkett, Daryl Stingley, Scott Zolak, Doug Flutie, John Stephens, Hart Lee Dykes, Russ Francis, Garin Veris, Ray Crittenden, Julius Adams...that's all I have off the top of my head that you didn't list.

5 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Steve Grogan, Mosi Tatupu, Craig James, Stanley Morgan, Irving Fryar, Andre Tippett, John Hannah, Vagas Ferguson, Ronnie Lippett, Tony Eason, Tony Collins, Bruce Armstrong, Jim Plunkett, Daryl Stingley, Scott Zolak, Doug Flutie, John Stephens, Hart Lee Dykes, Russ Francis, Garin Veris, Ray Crittenden, Julius Adams...that's all I have off the top of my head that you didn't list.

Wow!  Impressive for a Pats fan!

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/25/2018 at 12:13 PM, 17years&waiting said:

I was in Boston last summer for a weekend to visit my sister.  I wore a Bills shirt around the city and got about 15 "Go Bills" from people I walked by that day.  The only heckling I got was from the owner of an Italian restaurant, and even that was good natured and not mean spirited.  

It left me thinking that there are a lot of closet Bills fans in Boston.  

We'll be at full capacity at the Harp for opening day, 300-plus.