What did Matt Patricia Eat

RPbillsfan

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....he followed the Ryan Diet............

Which is what?...'Admit one' coupons to Golden Corral?

eball and OldTimeAFLGuy way ahead of me this morning.  Not enough caffeine in the dark roast beans.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Fat typing fingers on small dumbphone screen.
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'm not watching the game, but my first thought was just that - it's preseason, who cares.

Then it occurred to me that preseason is the first time rookie coaches have to make these decisions in real time. Probably easier said than done.

The thing is good coaches should not and do not make those kinds of decisions in real time.  4 minutes left down by 4 is a common scenario. The coach and the team should be prepared for exactly what they are going to do in that particular situation.  If they are calling a time out to discuss or "winging it" then they are doing it wrong. 

2 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The thing is good coaches should not and do not make those kinds of decisions in real time.  4 minutes left down by 4 is a common scenario. The coach and the team should be prepared for exactly what they are going to do in that particular situation.  If they are calling a time out to discuss or "winging it" then they are doing it wrong. 

Sometimes specific circumstances may require you reconsider one's common sense answer, but for the most part I think you are correct about this.  In this case the XP was the obvious/automatic choice. Going for two would have been a "special circumstance" type of gameday decision (kicker hurt, for example).

Again, I will accept it was done to get the preseason rep. But with over four minutes left in the game, I cannot accept it was done simply to avoid the tie. And I completely reject the argument it was good strategy, if one was actually trying to win the game.

13 hours ago, BobDVA said:

Fatty Patty

Hah!

12 hours ago, scribo said:

I despise the Pats and former Pats (unless they become Bills).  So I'm not defending Patricia. That said, I dislike fat shaming.  Mind your own business.

We need one order of an extra thick skin suit here. 

Edited by dubs
  • Haha (+1) 1