What did Matt Patricia Eat

RPbillsfan

21 hours ago, Augie said:

You have no idea why he’s looking the way he is. Obviously, the first guess is poor diet and insufficient exercise. Could very well be. But that’s just a guess. I know people who do almost everything right and still struggle. Smart people who try hard and still bust through 300#. Genetics are real. Balance is key. 

He’s eating too much and not moving around enough. It’s literally as simple as that 

15 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

He’s eating too much and not moving around enough. It’s literally as simple as that 

That IS the most likely scenario. I just agreed that it’s not the ONLY scenario. 

Just now, Augie said:

That IS the most likely scenario. I just agreed that it’s not the ONLY scenario. 

I know what you’re saying, but 99 percent of the time it is. Slow metabolism, bad Genetics, and all that stuff that people claim when they gain weight is very overrated. It really comes down to calories in vs calories out.

Not hating on the guy at all and not judging him for the record 

11 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The thing is good coaches should not and do not make those kinds of decisions in real time.  4 minutes left down by 4 is a common scenario. The coach and the team should be prepared for exactly what they are going to do in that particular situation.  If they are calling a time out to discuss or "winging it" then they are doing it wrong. 

I think you missed my point. Sure coaches and the team should (and do) prep for common game situations. Same can be said for every single offensive and defensive play that gets drawn up and practiced by every single player. But pre-season is where rookies do it live for the first time. If you expect every rookie player or coach to have the game time decision making and preparedness down cold before their first regular season game I think you're expecting too much.

Also "4 minutes left down by 4" may be a common scenario but I don't think it dictates "exactly what they are going to do in that particular situation". There may be a bunch of other factors to consider whether it's preseason or regular season.

5 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I know what you’re saying, but 99 percent of the time it is. Slow metabolism, bad Genetics, and all that stuff that people claim when they gain weight is very overrated. It really comes down to calories in vs calories out.

Not hating on the guy at all and not judging him for the record 

Agreed. I’m just touchy because I have a great BIL who can NOT control his weight. Extremely kind and successful guy, but he just can’t control the weight despite the best options available. He’s one of my favorite relatives, and this weighs on him heavily. (No pun intended.) 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Agreed. I’m just touchy because I have a great BIL who can NOT control his weight. Extremely kind and successful guy, but he just can’t control the weight despite the best options available. He’s one of my favorite relatives, and this weighs on him heavily. (No pun intended.) 

Ahh ok gotcha bud

9 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I think you missed my point. Sure coaches and the team should (and do) prep for common game situations. Same can be said for every single offensive and defensive play that gets drawn up and practiced by every single player. But pre-season is where rookies do it live for the first time. If you expect every rookie player or coach to have the game time decision making and preparedness down cold before their first regular season game I think you're expecting too much.

Also "4 minutes left down by 4" may be a common scenario but I don't think it dictates "exactly what they are going to do in that particular situation". There may be a bunch of other factors to consider whether it's preseason or regular season.

I am almost sure that coaches know whether the game they are playing is preseason, regular season or playoff, prior to the game even starting.  Good well prepared coaches know exactly what they should in in each situation PRIOR to the game. Its not complicated. Bad coaches make emotional decisions "based on the situation". Good coaches are prepared. 

On 8/24/2018 at 11:03 PM, Augie said:

You have no idea why he’s looking the way he is. Obviously, the first guess is poor diet and insufficient exercise. Could very well be. But that’s just a guess. I know people who do almost everything right and still struggle. Smart people who try hard and still bust through 300#. Genetics are real. Balance is key. 

I don’t know if I buy genetics completely.  I do think they might play a small part.  But IMO it’s more about lifestyle (diet and exercise) and mental health.  It seems that once most people address their mental issues (depression, anxiety, or trauma) or external issues (lifestyle, work, personal responsibilities etc) and eat healthy and exercise they usually see results.  

I do agree that it’s easy to just someone who is overweight as simply being “fat and lazy” when there’s likely a lot of issues going on that we have no idea about

• Like (+1) 1