Lacanfora: Bills have reached out to Raiders about Khalil Mack trade

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

The Bills really value high draft picks, especially the 2019 selection.  As good as Mack is, I think they would be crazy to give up a 2019 #1.  They won’t admit it publicly but when you are faced with the prospect of starting a rookie QB or an improved QB, you have to brace yourself to take a step backward.  Is Mack worth what could be a Top 5 pick?  

Correct.  Very possibly a top ten pick, that’s too rich.  Two seconds and a player?

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

WGR  seems to think it would take Tre White.  If that's the case no thanks.

#1 Pass Rusher is huge for a roster, but so is your #1CB.  In my mind Tre White should be the only untouchable player on the roster right now, beyond Allen.

I gave up on the morning show for a while to save myself the aggravation. I tried again today and I just can’t understand how a sports radio guy could be worse then this Jeremy White. He is worse then Schopp at this point. In all seriousness the guy is one of the least knowledgeable sports personalities I have ever listened to. I’m not sure if I have ever agreed with his opinion on anything and  to make it worse he just gets dug in on these ridiculous baseless points for days at a time. What he’s saying about this 3rd preseason game is incomprehensible. This game doesn’t matter because he (personally) doesn’t know if McDermott will change his mind about the QB race based on what happens in it? Wtf does that even mean? If Allen can’t move the ball in his only game against starters, he’s not going to start. If we look good with Allen, he’s probably going to start. Is this guy for real or is he just trying to piss people off?

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

The Bills really value high draft picks, especially the 2019 selection.  As good as Mack is, I think they would be crazy to give up a 2019 #1.  They won’t admit it publicly but when you are faced with the prospect of starting a rookie QB or an improved QB, you have to brace yourself to take a step backward.  Is Mack worth what could be a Top 5 pick?  

I think so.

I don't think we will be drafting that high, but that is the national perspective- so the Raiders would probably value our picks more than most of the other teams discussed.

I think with having a young QB that you don't have to pay for several years, this is the perfect time for a trade like this.  Load up a take advantage of a cost controlled QB

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Correct.  Very possibly a top ten pick, that’s too rich.  Two seconds and a player?

Why in the world would that be "too rich" for Mack? What are you hoping to get with that Top Ten pick? Likely, a player who will one day be close to as good as Mack is already. Mack is one of the top defensive players in the league, if not the top. The only argument is cap space and we have massive cap space after next year so we could afford a future HoFer who actually wants to play here. 

Would I trade Tre? No, and obvs I wouldn't trade Allen or Edmunds (yet), but that's about the extent of it. 

Edited by thurst44
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Why does everyone keep assuming our first round pick next year is gonna be a top 5 or top 10? Also even if it is, yes Khalil Mack is worth it

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I gave up on the morning show for a while to save myself the aggravation. I tried again today and I just can’t understand how a sports radio guy could be worse then this Jeremy White. He is worse then Schopp at this point. In all seriousness the guy is one of the least knowledgeable sports personalities I have ever listened to. I’m not sure if I have ever agreed with his opinion on anything and  to make it worse he just gets dug in on these ridiculous baseless points for days at a time. What he’s saying about this 3rd preseason game is incomprehensible. This game doesn’t matter because he (personally) doesn’t know if McDermott will change his mind about the QB race based on what happens in it? Wtf does that even mean? If Allen can’t move the ball in his only game against starters, he’s not going to start. If we look good with Allen, he’s probably going to start. Is this guy for real or is he just trying to piss people off?

I stopped listening to WGR a while ago.  In my opinion, it's just not good.  They definitely need to get new personalities in there.  I understand some people listen, because that's their only way to get Bills/Sabres content, but I just couldn't stand to listen anymore.  Again, just my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Why does everyone keep assuming our first round pick next year is gonna be a top 5 or top 10? Also even if it is, yes Khalil Mack is worth it

ESPECIALLY if Mack were on the team!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Is Mack worth what could be a Top 5 pick?

Yes. Top 5 picks have like a 20% chance of becoming DPOY candidates. Mack has already been the DPOY and is a candidate to win it again every year. I value draft picks as much as anyone on here, but the reason you hold onto draft picks is to save cap space for players like Mack when they become available. If we have a chance to get a generational player on our team at a position of need, why give that up for a lottery ticket?

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Because of the QB position.  It’s looking like Peterman or Allen will be starting.  We all know the history of rookie QB’s starting in year 1.  Even great QB’s struggle while they learn the position their first year.  

Peterman is still very much unproven as a QB.  A former 5th round pick, it’s logical to think there’s a chance he could struggle this year as well.

These questions coupled with a few other factors, make you wonder how the team will do this year:

- lack of talent at WR

- questionable OL

- unproven LB’s

9 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Why in the world would that be "too rich" for Mack? What are you hoping to get with that Top Ten pick? Likely, a player who will one day be close to as good as Mack is already. Mack is one of the top defensive players in the league, if not the top. The only argument is cap space and we have massive cap space after next year so we could afford a future HoFer who actually wants to play here. 

Would I trade Tre? No, and obvs I wouldn't trade Allen or Edmunds (yet), but that's about the extent of it. 

At risk of being laughed out of here, can someone help me understand why we'd be willing to give up high round draft pick(s) for a guy who is an UFA next season? Is the reasoning just so that we can have him this year? Because otherwise why wouldn't we just wait until he hits the market and then sign him? (I feel the need to apologize in advance for what may be an obvious question...) Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Maybe if they have Mack they take a step forward ?

2 minutes ago, psaleh said:

At risk of being laughed out of here, can someone help me understand why we'd be willing to give up high round draft pick(s) for a guy who is an UFA next season? Is the reasoning just so that we can have him this year? Because otherwise why wouldn't we just wait until he hits the market and then sign him? (I feel the need to apologize in advance for what may be an obvious question...) Thank you.

He loves Buffalo. Played college ball here and even calls Buffalo "his city"

I don't think it would be hard for the Bills to re sign him

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Not  a Jeremy White fan.  Got into with him on Twitter during college football season, felt stupid, but did.  Went back and forth on why I thought Mayfield was better than Rosen.  After awhile it became clear he liked Rosen for reasons other than play on the field.  Specifically having a similar political and sociological viewpoint as White.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Because of the QB position.  It’s looking like Peterman or Allen will be starting.  We all know the history of rookie QB’s starting in year 1.  Even great QB’s struggle while they learn the position their first year.  

Peterman is still very much unproven as a QB.  A former 5th round pick, it’s logical to think there’s a chance he could struggle this year as well.

These questions coupled with a few other factors, make you wonder how the team will do this year:

- lack of talent at WR

- questionable OL

- unproven LB’s

I honestly don't believe Peterman is gonna be starting. The rookie will start. Also, what if Allen breaks out? Not saying it will happen but it's certainly not off the table. 

I also think we have the chance at a potential top 5 to top 10 defense this year that will keep us in games. If our offense is better than last year which is a possibility, then our pick next year definitely won't be a top 10

Because Raiders can use the franchise tag next year if they dig in their heals.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, psaleh said:

If you trade for him there's no need to compete in the open market. They can also tag him.

• Like (+1) 2

It’s a very good question, and it’s why Mack is worth, at most, one first round pick.  Any team trading a high draft pick for him will want an extension negotiated up front, and Mack might not report without one anyway.

• Like (+1) 1