Gregg Williams: “I Turned Down 7 Other Jobs” To Be in Cleveland

Watching Season 1 Of Hard Knocks and Gregg “The Mouth That Roared” Williams is trying to give a motivational speech which was hilarious.  First off, Gregg has gained some weight, died his hair, and now looks nearly unrecognizable from how he looked in Buffalo.

Yet in this meeting Gregg likely stretched the truth to try to pump up his team.   He said how bad people want to be in Cleveland and said “I turned down 7 offers to be here.”  LOL what kind of offers?  If you remember Greggy was fired after the 2016 season.  His organization always drafted well but his D was mediocre at best.  Funny how when Wade took over a year later, they improved quite a bit more.

Anyway, I’m calling BS on his boast that he was in high demand.  He came to an 0-16 team because they offered him a job.  This guy is something else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Anyway, I’m calling BS on his boast that he was in high demand.  He came to an 0-16 team because they offered him a job.  This guy is something else.

Yeah, seriously, who does he think he is...Rex Ryan?  You go Greggo

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Watching Season 1 Of Hard Knocks and Gregg “The Mouth That Roared” Williams is trying to give a motivational speech which was hilarious.  First off, Gregg has gained some weight, died his hair, and now looks nearly unrecognizable from how he looked in Buffalo.

Yet in this meeting Gregg likely stretched the truth to try to pump up his team.   He said how bad people want to be in Cleveland and said “I turned down 7 offers to be here.”  LOL what kind of offers?  If you remember Greggy was fired after the 2016 season.  His organization always drafted well but his D was mediocre at best.  Funny how when Wade took over a year later, they improved quite a bit more.

I also thought that line was BS.  The guy comes across as a lunatic...and not even the good kind of football lunatic that you want running your defense.  He’s headed toward full Gary Busey crazy.

• Haha (+1) 4

This was mentioned several times in the thread on the "Hard Knocks" TV show.

As I said in that thread, Gregg is a first class douchebag.  He absolutely wreaks of it.

He comes across as a redneck and an idiot, and yet has been enjoying 7 figure salaries for a long time.

He is the luckiest man in America.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

He followed up the crap about turning down job offers by saying "I want to be here."

He was trying to instill a sense of value in the players, basically saying he wanted to be there so they should want to be there too.  I.E., Cleveland is to be respected, not joked about. 

The funny thing is what he is arguing is so obviously phony and superficial.  It's out of some hack's book on "motivational speaking for beginners".

He just seems like a total idiot to me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

He went there because everyone knows Hue Jackson is getting fired by Thanksgiving, so he probably figured it gave him the best chance to be a HC again, even as an interim and maybe since it's Cleveland if he went .500 as interim they would keep him around as the full time HC in 2019.

The problem with that is Todd Haley thought the same thing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

This was mentioned several times in the thread on the "Hard Knocks" TV show.

As I said in that thread, Gregg is a first class douchebag.  He absolutely wreaks of it.

He comes across as a redneck and an idiot, and yet has been enjoying 7 figure salaries for a long time.

He is the luckiest man in America.

Sorry I must have missed it in the other 50 pages.  It’s better off as it’s topic anyway

21 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

He went there because everyone knows Hue Jackson is getting fired by Thanksgiving, so he probably figured it gave him the best chance to be a HC again, even as an interim and maybe since it's Cleveland if he went .500 as interim they would keep him around as the full time HC in 2019.

The problem with that is Todd Haley thought the same thing.

....think about it though......Hugh, Airhorn Greggy & Haley's Comet.......could there POSSIBLY be a better Three Stooges lineup today??..............

• Haha (+1) 1

Gregg Williams: “I got fired from 7 Other Jobs” To Be in Cleveland.

there that sound more likely. But I haven't followed him so cant really tell you how he got there

Edited by ddaryl
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

He followed up the crap about turning down job offers by saying "I want to be here."

Next year he'll be feeding that same line of BS to another team.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....think about it though......Hugh, Airhorn Greggy & Haley's Comet.......could there POSSIBLY be a better Three Stooges lineup today??..............

Figure out a way to shoehorn Wrecks and Rob into the organization, and you'll have Shemp and Curly Joe as well.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You know, people are liable to think we don't like the Ryan brothers...

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You know, people are liable to think we don't like the Ryan brothers...

..THE best "Line Coaches".....and Deon peddlin' the garbage......

image.png

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

On 8/15/2018 at 3:17 PM, Buffalo716 said:

He did turn down 7 other jobs...

High school DC

Clown

Garbage man

gas station clerk

bookie

Delivery boy

waterboy

You forgot Buffalo716's agent.