Peterman starts preseason game 1

This is what I figured would happen.  I think they want to see if Peterman can be effective against starters right out the gate.  He's been awful against starting competition and plays with a panic.  

Like I said before, I predicted he would start preseason game 1, will be the 2nd or 3rd QB game 2, and never take a first team rep again after that.  Not rooting against him, I like the kid, just have not seen anything from him that suggests to me he will win this job.  Tonight is his first chance to prove us wrong, and I firmly believe he WONT get another chance if he doesnt shine tonight.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Magnetar said:

This FO really seems to have a hard-on for Peterman.  I don't get it.

I heard Peterman is quite "God fearing", I sure hope that isn't the main reason they like him so much.

That’s a reason to not like someone.

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Magnetar said:

I heard Peterman is quite "God fearing", I sure hope that isn't the main reason they like him so much.

I think it's the exact opposite.  I think they may be on the verge of ruling him out and want to give him a shot with the first team tonight to prove him wrong.  I think if he doesn't wow the coaches, it'll be a two-horse race.

Just now, Magnetar said:

Yeah. Well, he's a hard worker and God fearer so coach loves him. However, I have no issue with him getting a chance to redeem himself in preseason. 

Just now, The Red King said:

I think it's the exact opposite.  I think they may be on the verge of ruling him out and want to give him a shot with the first team tonight to prove him wrong.  I think if he doesn't wow the coaches, it'll be a two-horse race.

I hope you're right.

Just now, The Red King said:

Definitely likely. The staff probably doesn't want three QBs on the roster and if Peterman can't show improvement, he could be cut.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is what I figured would happen.  I think they want to see if Peterman can be effective against starters right out the gate.  He's been awful against starting competition and plays with a panic.  

Like I said before, I predicted he would start preseason game 1, will be the 2nd or 3rd QB game 2, and never take a first team rep again after that.  Not rooting against him, I like the kid, just have not seen anything from him that suggests to me he will win this job.  Tonight is his first chance to prove us wrong, and I firmly believe he WONT get another chance if he doesnt shine tonight.  

Yea that could be,I wanted to see Allen but I believe you're right on this

3 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

unless Peterman plays lights out, mark my words, this is a death knell for him.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I know it’s just preseason but McDermott has cajones. He has to know how Nate is viewed by the fans and media, and that he could literally go out and sling another 5 picks but yo...

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's supposed to be a QB Room Savant - quick study who really has a deep grasp of the offense

I'm willing to give him another chance, but that means zilch to anyone that matters in the organization.  I personally, don't think any of the QB's they have will ever be good enough, obviously I wasn't fond of the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This could only mean one thing. 

Peterman traded tomorrow for a 2035 7th.

cant judge the trade until we see who we get in 2035, duh

I think you got it all wrong. Peterman and OUR 2035 7th for Mack.

9 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

That may be part of the reason, but I don't think it's why they might favor him. I actually think this might be Peterman's last shot at the starting job 

11 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

Its the FIRST preseason game....the starters are going to play a series...maybe two.

Does it really matter who starts at QB for this game?

I hope they give Josh Allen a lot of playing time...like the 2nd quarter on.

Edited by Azucho98

Just now, Steptide said:

That may be part of the reason, but I don't think it's why they might favor him. I actually think this might be Peterman's last shot at the starting job 

/job. If he looks bad running with the ones again, why would they keep him to be a backup? He wouldn't be of any use.

9 minutes ago, Magnetar said:

I wish Peterman all the luck , hope he has a great game !! 

So is A.J. M and Allen most of all !!!

Goooo Bills !!!!