Bills trade with Browns for Corey Coleman

I have several good friends who are Browns fans.  When I asked if this trade was something that I should be excited about, this is what one of them sent me:

They seemed to be more concerned with the lack of depth behind Jarvis given Norman's uncertain availability... and now two days after the trade they find out Calloway has a similarly uncertain availability.  They were bemoaning the blown pick more than they were the departure of the player.

4 minutes ago, transient said:

I have several good friends who are Browns fans.  When I asked if this trade was something that I should be excited about, this is what one of them sent me:

They seemed to be more concerned with the lack of depth behind Jarvis given Norman's uncertain availability... and now two days after the trade they find out Calloway has a similarly uncertain availability.  They were bemoaning the blown pick more than they were the departure of the player.

I'm hoping that Coleman becomes one of those Bills players who somehow resurrects their career in Buffalo. There is definitely some talent there,... but man, that was an egregious drop!

6 minutes ago, transient said:

You know i bet this did play into him getting cut. Which is such a Browns thing to do. His career is going to be about staying healthy, not can he catch the ball. 

I think they have KB13 penciled in as their #1. Beane said Coleman is gonna have to earn everything he gets here. His first-round status doesn't mean much, but I do fully expect him to make this team and hopefully be a contributor. I think his skill-set is a bit too limited for him to ever turn into a true #1 wideout, but I think Daboll can find some interesting things for him to do. They'll move him around a lot and they'll probably ask him to run his bread & butter routes while working with him throughout the season to help him become a more refined receiver.

33 minutes ago, WhickedWilliams said:

Corey Coleman has been injured and lacked a quarterback for the years in Cleveland. Can he be better than Sammy Watkins? When Corey shatters expectations and stays healthy, makes everything calm and comfortable while trusting the process in regards to personel decisions. I love this pickup, great value. Does anyone agree with me that Corey will end up being #1, Benji #2, zay will slowly get his train back on the rails this year as the #3. Alright, now let me have it! ?

6BF90254-E83A-4013-93BC-EA38551EC2F9.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm hoping that Coleman becomes one of those Bills players who somehow resurrects their career in Buffalo. There is definitely some talent there,... but man, that was an egregious drop!

It's called Stevie Johnson syndrome.

12 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

If it make you feel better, take a look at how many egregious drops Jerry Rice had.

On 8/9/2018 at 5:06 PM, Rocky Landing said:

I'd be more confident if I thought WR coach was going to make a difference.  Last year's WR made a difference, a negative one.

...quite the ringing endorsement YOLO found on BR...."charmin' soft"?......hmmmm...........

Sources within the Cleveland scouting department and coaching staff complained about his lack of football knowledge and preparation, saying: "The guy couldn't even line up in the right spot in practice. And this is his third year in the offense." One teammate, who requested to not be named, said Coleman was "all the time missing the snap count or lining up offsides. How do you do that s--t as a professional football player?"

That was strike one for Coleman, who many scouts worried about privately in predraft talks because of the offensive scheme he was in at Baylor and the struggles to acclimate to an NFL-style playbook from there.

Strike two for Coleman, according once again to teammates, was a label that no player wants—"soft."

"You have this guy who is supposed to be supertough, or so we were told, and he doesn't want to fight for the ball or get physical in traffic. He's Charmin soft."