Bills trade with Browns for Corey Coleman

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

His talent alone won't give him this status even on the Bills if he can't learn the offense and run good routes.  It's nice to have him on the team nevertheless to add the deep threat they have lacked. 

I agree with this

Lets let him play a little bit before moving him to the front of the line

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

A LOT of NFL players are scum.

You should be used to that by now.

I posted that story to show that it didn’t look like he actually did anything wrong, except for being there when it happened. 

I felt the OP was overreacting (as usual) so I wanted to add some context. 

• Like (+1) 1

I was not happy when Sammy was traded, though I understood why they did it. 

Since then, though, Beane has traded a 3rd and two 7ths for Kelvin Benjamin and Corey Coleman -- two physically gifted 1st round WRs on rookie deals. 

I like it. I like it a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

If this doesn't work out, we'll never recover from losing that 7th round pick two years from now.

Never say never, but it could set us back 3 years. Or maybe 3 weeks. Hard to tell. 

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Bills trade with Browns for Corey Coleman
12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Bring it Corey .... welcome aboard .... prove away all season long!!  Couple of other Great Tweets on what he brings with a real QB .. not sure we our QBs are ready just yet .. but if they can play up to McCown level

(Tweet from Pat Thorman)

Corey Coleman QBs:

Kizer: 8.5 games
RGIII: 5 games
McCown: 2 games
Kessler: 1 game
McCown/Kessler: 2 games

(2 full games w/ McCown: 13 tgt, 8 rec, 142 yds, 3 TD)

A couple fluke injuries and a QB clowncar in a 1-31 circus. Now he’s a “bust” and sold for peanuts. Brilliant.

Edited by WideRightRevenge

27 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

(2 full games w/ McCown: 13 tgt, 8 rec, 142 yds, 3 TD)

A couple fluke injuries and a QB clowncar in a 1-31 circus. Now he’s a “bust” and sold for peanuts. Brilliant.

Would still like to see a slightly better tgt to reception ratio but promising all the same. I have always liked him when I have watched the Browns and he has been on the field. And critically for the Bills he gives us a genuine deep threat that teams need to worry about.  

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Would still like to see a slightly better tgt to reception ratio but promising all the same. I have always liked him when I have watched the Browns and he has been on the field. And critically for the Bills he gives us a genuine deep threat that teams need to worry about.  

You know, it's just so hard to tell what goes into stats.   I agree about the target to reception ratio, but I don't think you can dismiss the parade of QBs throwing to him.  Someone posted a stat (I couldn't find it) that said that Coleman was third highest in the league in uncatchable balls when he was targeted.   That's completely believable with the QBs he had throwing, and that would affect his ratio significantly.   On the other hand, how many times did Coleman run a bad route, causing the uncatchable ball?  That's the kind of thing only the coaches in Cleveland know.  

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

You know, it's just so hard to tell what goes into stats.   I agree about the target to reception ratio, but I don't think you can dismiss the parade of QBs throwing to him.  Someone posted a stat (I couldn't find it) that said that Coleman was third highest in the league in uncatchable balls when he was targeted.   That's completely believable with the QBs he had throwing, and that would affect his ratio significantly.   On the other hand, how many times did Coleman run a bad route, causing the uncatchable ball?  That's the kind of thing only the coaches in Cleveland know.  

I know but the stat I quoted specifically referred to games with Josh McCown who I think we can all agree is at least a capable NFL Quarterback.  Doesn't mean any of those 5 uncaught passes were catchable of course but I think his stats with McCown (albeit small sample size) are probably a better reflection of who he is as an NFL player than his stats with the scrub QBs he has played with beyond that.  

15 hours ago, Augie said:

Depending upon which direction you are coming from, you may want to try Casa Di Pizza near I-75 off of University Pkwy not too far south of Brandon. WNY folks with Bills/Sabres focus and the best pizza I’ve had outside of WNY.  (We lived in Sarasota for 18+ years.) 

Whoa! I work in Brandon off of 75. I will check it out. Thank you so much.