Stefon Diggs signs extension

2 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Great chance we're picking in the Top 10 next year and it's a strong DE class. I'm hoping for Bosa.

I'd trade up for Bosa.   But doing that from the 20's could be hard :)

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Barr has to go then right? Maybe thats why wrapped up Hunter?

I would love Barr in Buffalo! 

3 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Their offensive line allowed the third fewest sacks in the NFL last season.

Vet QB had a lot to do with that too.  Enter Cousins who had a rough year last year with sacks but good 2 years prior.  We'll see soon.

11 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Fair enough

I dont consider sacks to be the true test of QB pressure......actual qb pressures are

and

Our secondary did pretty well without getting a ton of qb pressure last year

50 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Case Keenum was the best QB outside of the pocket last season. His ratings was 120.6 midway through December. I’m not sure what his final number was but I know he ended the season as the highest rated. 

The Vikings oline is their biggest question mark. With the additions of Murphy, Star, Phillips, Edmunds (a plus rusher on his scouting report), the Bills pass rush stands to be much improved. Prior to last season I said Hughes would have a statistical downfall because he can’t do it on his own. He will be back in double digits.

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Oh come off that.  Diggs isn't that good - and he's known for being coo coo.

4 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Why do you say that???  Seriously please back that statement up?  Nothing more than a troll comment....yer good for that we all know that here.

PFF ranked the Vikings as the #1 receiving corps in the NFL last year, saying:

The Vikings 1-2 punch is simply unrivaled across the NFL at the moment. Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs are both top notch route runners with exceptional ball skills. Both finished among the top 10 in contested catch rate a season ago with Diggs actually leading the league. Now throw Kendall Wright in the slot – the Bears most productive receiver a season ago – and you have a complete receiving corp. It should be no surprise that the Vikings have signed Diggs to a contract extension, locking him up until 2023.

Diggs and Thielen were ranked #8 and #9 in the league this past season and I believe were both top 20 the year before.

Edit: That's not to say that Buffalo can't slow them down. I think Buffalo's defense was pretty much average last year and I'm convinced they'll be better this season, but no doubt the secondary was very very good.

Edited by DCOrange

16 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Diggs and Thielen were ranked #8 and #9 in the league this past season and I believe were both top 20 the year before.

Edit: That's not to say that Buffalo can't slow them down. I think Buffalo's defense was pretty much average last year and I'm convinced they'll be better this season, but no doubt the secondary was very very good.

I'm not saying they're terrible but Diggs was 25th in yards, 31st in catches and outside the top 40 in YAC.  He's a good receiver but I'm not conceding our secondary can't cover him.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

I'm not saying they're terrible but Diggs was 25th in yards, 31st in catches and outside the top 40 in YAC.  He's a good receiver but I'm not conceding our secondary can't cover him.  

He also missed 2.5 games.

6 hours ago, White Linen said:

Vet QB had a lot to do with that too.  Enter Cousins who had a rough year last year with sacks but good 2 years prior.  We'll see soon.

His offensive line in Washington was decimated with injuries last year. They played a couple of games with none of their 5 starters available. There is almost no o-line depth in the league. Any team in that scenario would be sunk. 

7 hours ago, DCOrange said:

So you are defending @Cornette's Commentary instead of him defending himself.....thats rich.  Bottom line Diggs isn't as good as the 2 of you think he is, you are praying to your gods that Cousins will be the second coming of Farve/Montanta/Brady and will strike fear into the heart of the Bills secondary......I just ain't buying it.  Not.  At.  All.

14 hours ago, aristocrat said:

I’m curious how Beane values the wr position. Carolina didn’t pay wrs but they did pay Olsen. Kind of patriots like. Paid oline and rbs, d line and lbs and franchised Norman.  But did they ever have a wr that was worth it? Steve smith got big money but left cause of money.

I don’t think McBeane values high paid WRs on long contracts.  Or high contracts vs percentage of the cap as much as other positions.

This has been shown by Carolina and their thoughts with Sammy.

I like the thought process.

7 minutes ago, Manther said:

I don’t think McBeane values high paid WRs on long contracts.  Or high contracts vs percentage of the cap as much as other positions.

This has been shown by Carolina and their thoughts with Sammy.

I like the thought process.

Beane wasn’t making the decisions in Carolina but it’s worth noting that they signed Steve Smith to at least two big contracts during the time he was in the FO.