Khalil Mack holding out... in Buffalo

15 hours ago, bbb said:

Didn't take you long to change your mind on that. 

What I meant is that he’ll hold out for a portion of the season, but ultimately play part of it.

Regardless, I don’t think he’ll be a Raider long term. 

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/No-End-Yet-in-Sight-for-Khalil-Macks-Holdout-489511471.html

“There is no progress. No optimism. No communication. And so, the holdout continues.”

Less optimism for Raiders - more optimism for fans of rest of NFL - also if a team has to give 60 mill + in guarantees to get Mack to play this season - that team aint giving up a first rounder for Mack (unless it is Pats or Eagles). That is a fair market value deal for a free agent signing. And if it does not take a first rounder, I think McBeane are in with a puncher's chance.

On July 26, 2018 at 8:08 PM, Cornette's Commentary said:

And, from what other posters have said, he's still legitimately angry at the Front Office for taking Watkins instead of him 4 years ago.  VERY doubtful he ever comes here.

Ummmmmmmm

Jon Gruden: Our defense wasn’t good last year, even with Khalil Mack

Raiders coach Jon Gruden has said repeatedly that he wants to get a contract done that will end Khalil Mack‘s holdout and bring the star pass rusher to camp, but Gruden also noted that even with Mack, Oakland’s defense will have plenty of work to do.

Gruden said on NFL Network that the Raiders’ defense wasn’t good enough last year, even with Mack, who is widely regarded as one of the league’s best defensive players.

On 7/26/2018 at 7:16 PM, aristocrat said:

I mean what would the trade package be? Would a single first get it done? First and then a second?

1st and 2nd ?  And then $100 million !! 

What a bargain for a LB !!! 

14 minutes ago, Putin said:

1st and 2nd ?  And then $100 million !! 

What a bargain for a LB !!! 

But, he plays two positions at the same time - so you only have to pay 9 other defensive starters...

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

<ring! ring!>
Gruden: Hello?
Beane: Hi, Jon.  Brandon Beane here from the Buffalo Bills.
Gruden: Hi, Brandon.  How are things going for you and Coach McDermott?
Beane:  Can't complain.  Everything's looking good.
Gruden: Glad to hear it.  What can I do for you?
Beane: Well, Jon, it's no secret that there's serious tension between the Raiders and Khalil Mack these days.
Gruden: Oh, really?  Ha ha ha.
Beane:  As you might know, Khalil formed a deep bond with the City of Buffalo and Western New York when he was here and he's even been at the University at Buffalo campus working out with their young players.
Gruden: Interesting.
Beane:  Now, the reason I'm calling, is because I wanted to get your thoughts on whether you would be willing to move Khalil for the right price.  Given where we feel our team is going, having built on last year's final push to the playoffs, and Khalil's affinity for Buffalo, we believe that a change of scenery would be good for him and beneficial to your team.
Gruden: Hmm.  Ok.  How about...your 1st and 2nd round picks in 2019, your 2020 1st and Jerry Hughes.  Does that sound fair?
Beane: That sounds more than fair.  I didn't sign Hughes to his current deal and he hasn't come CLOSE to double-digit sacks in the last 3 seasons.
Gruden: So, do we have a deal?
Beane: Deal.

1 hour ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

<ring! ring!>
Gruden: Hello?
Beane: Hi, Jon.  Brandon Beane here from the Buffalo Bills.
Gruden: Hi, Brandon.  How are things going for you and Coach McDermott?
Beane:  Can't complain.  Everything's looking good.
Gruden: Glad to hear it.  What can I do for you?
Beane: Well, Jon, it's no secret that there's serious tension between the Raiders and Khalil Mack these days.
Gruden: Oh, really?  Ha ha ha.
Beane:  As you might know, Khalil formed a deep bond with the City of Buffalo and Western New York when he was here and he's even been at the University at Buffalo campus working out with their young players.
Gruden: Interesting.
Beane:  Now, the reason I'm calling, is because I wanted to get your thoughts on whether you would be willing to move Khalil for the right price.  Given where we feel our team is going, having built on last year's final push to the playoffs, and Khalil's affinity for Buffalo, we believe that a change of scenery would be good for him and beneficial to your team.
Gruden: Hmm.  Ok.  How about...your 1st and 2nd round picks in 2019, your 2020 1st and Jerry Hughes.  Does that sound fair?
Beane: That sounds more than fair.  I didn't sign Hughes to his current deal and he hasn't come CLOSE to double-digit sacks in the last 3 seasons.
Gruden: So, do we have a deal?
Beane: Deal.

How about Hughes, Shaq and two 2nds?

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How about Hughes, Shaq and two 2nds?

I don't do that if I'm Oakland. My starting point is what we paid for Bennett back in the day and I'm not sure I want Hughes filling the role of Greg Bell as the player involved; he and Mack would be bookends like Bennett and Bruce. I wonder if we could find a third team to be involved like we did with Indy back then as well. Oakland could reap a draft windfall of picks if that were the case. 

All that said, Bennett was a missing piece that changed the power structure in the AFC East overnight whereas we aren't that one player away as currently constructed so it may not make as much sense for us to part with all those assets. But if any player is worth it, it's Mack.  

1.  Indianapolis traded the rights to rookie linebacker Cornelius Bennett, a No. 1 draft choice out of Alabama whom it had not been able to sign, to Buffalo.

2.  Buffalo sent Greg Bell and the Bills' 1988 1st round pick, 1989 1st round pick, and 1989 second round pick to the Colts.

3.  The Colts then sent all they'd received from Buffalo, along with their own first-round draft pick in '88, their second-round choices in '88 and '89 and running back Owen Gill, to the Los Angeles Rams, who in turn packed Dickerson off to Indianapolis.

Could happen again.....................

Lord knows the Bills want a pass rusher and they don’t get any better than the Buffalo Boy.

But at this point trading for him is a pipe dream.

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

1.  Indianapolis traded the rights to rookie linebacker Cornelius Bennett, a No. 1 draft choice out of Alabama whom it had not been able to sign, to Buffalo.

2.  Buffalo sent Greg Bell and the Bills' 1988 1st round pick, 1989 1st round pick, and 1989 second round pick to the Colts.

3.  The Colts then sent all they'd received from Buffalo, along with their own first-round draft pick in '88, their second-round choices in '88 and '89 and running back Owen Gill, to the Los Angeles Rams, who in turn packed Dickerson off to Indianapolis.

Could happen again.....................

The Bills were the biggest winners in that trade by a country mile, but I remember everyone saying the Bills got fleeced at the time of the trade.

• Like (+1) 1

For a pass rusher like Mack I would give up a lot to get him. I think if we got him this year we have legitimate shot at a top 3 defense. He was the guy I thought for sure we traded up for when the Bills made that move, I wanted the Bills to draft this guy so badly.

If you were Brandon Beane, what would you offer the Raiders for Kahill Mack and then what type of contract would you offer.

My offer would be:

Shaq Lawson

2019 1st Round Pick

2020 2nd Round Pick

My offer to Mack

6 years, $120,000,000, $75,000,000 guaranteed, 42,000,000 signing bonus, yearly payouts and incentives if met would be around $15,500,000.

Locking him up for years 27-32, getting best of the present and overpaying probably last two years on the deal but my god what a D we would have.

Thoughts and feedback please

• Like (+1) 1

The hardest part of me isn’t the money - Bills are young and have money to spend plus the cap keeps going up and is fluid. The hard part for me is the high draft picks, because I think they need them to build up the offense around Allen.