Khalil Mack holding out... in Buffalo

29 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

To each there own. It’s clear we will never be able to have a discussion with out disagreement about Mack. Your statement saying he isn’t the best defensive player from that draft tells me that. Donald is close to being mentioned in the same breath. Clowney still has to show he can show up for more than a year or so. Barr is good but can’t be mentioned in the same breath as Mack. I’m a FSU fan by the way. I wasn’t a huge Mack fan while he was in college, but that has quickly changed. There’s one team I despise as much as the patriots it’s the raiders; I fine myself tuning in to watch Mack and think if only we had a GM with half a brain during 2014....

Oh I wish we had drafted Mack too and I would love him in Buffalo. But Aaron Donald is HANDS DOWN the best defensive player in that draft. He is the best defensive player in the NFL. Period. 

6 hours ago, McBean said:

This is a guy I'd feel comfortable spending a first rounder on.

6 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Multiple first rounders.  You want to give that up to watch Khalil Mack and a bunch of rubes on Sundays?

This may be the worst reading comprehension I've seen on this board. 

15 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I honestly think he might sit out into the season, but ultimately he’ll play out this year,

Didn't take you long to change your mind on that. 

14 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...would be an extremely tall tariff.....he actually hails from Ft Pierce FL and went to school at U of B.....

Okay, I'm going to be that guy....

It's actually U at B, for State University of New York at Buffalo. It was U of B until the 60s when the state absorbed the private school into the SUNY system.

Just stick with UB.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Okay, I'm going to be that guy....

It's actually U at B, for State University of New York at Buffalo. It was U of B until the 60s when the state absorbed the private school into the SUNY system.

Just stick with UB.

It’s funny how zero people I’ve met who either don’t live or have never lived in WNY call it UB. They all call it “Buffalo”... which is annoying (to me). 

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s funny how zero people I’ve met who either don’t live or have never lived in WNY call it UB. They all call it “Buffalo”... which is annoying (to me). 

It's easy to understand why. On TV they are called Buffalo. It's says Buffalo on their uniforms. Only locals know it as UB. (They tried being 'New York' but the Buffalo News would not stand for it. Slap in the face, yadda yadda )

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's easy to understand why. On TV they are called Buffalo. It's says Buffalo on their uniforms. Only locals know it as UB. (They tried being 'New York' but the Buffalo News would not stand for it. Slap in the face, yadda yadda )

I understand why it’s called that but it just annoys me every time, perhaps unjustified but it does 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I understand why it’s called that but it just annoys me every time, perhaps unjustified but it does 

One thing that's not a big deal that bothers me is when someone is talking about a game, they'll mention city for one team and then the team name for the other.

i.e Buffalo vs the Dolphins or Bills vs New England.  

The other is when they say the lower score first.

"What's the score?"

"10-17"

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Rehashing old wounds?

8 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

Rehashing old wounds?

Just saying it was a stupid overreaction based stoked by the local inferiority complex.

But that ship has long sailed. Now the school is making a name for itself on the court and field.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

22 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

This needs to stop.  Mack is not coming here.  Moreover, Beane is NOT going to give up multiple 2019 and 2020 picks to the Raiders for him.

Multiple first rounders.  You want to give that up to watch Khalil Mack and a bunch of rubes on Sundays?

You seem like the kind of guy who shows up to parties to start arguments with people just because you see them having too much fun.

7 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

You seem like the kind of guy who shows up to parties to start arguments with people just because you see them having too much fun.

I agree.  It’s a discussion board discussing an elite player who is from the area, or at least went to college in the area.  I don’t think anyone truly believes that the Bills are gonna trade for him.  It’s just a discussion about a player who many fans wanted.  To tell people to stop taking about something on a forum designed to do just that is ridiculous.  If we were limited to talking about stuff we knew would happen, how boring would the draft have been, or talking about the upcoming season?  

That response is no different than me saying I think the Bills will win 10 games this year (I don’t) and someone saying I need to stop because it won’t happen.  Who cares?  

8 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

I agree.  It’s a discussion board discussing an elite player who is from the area, or at least went to college in the area.  I don’t think anyone truly believes that the Bills are gonna trade for him.  It’s just a discussion about a player who many fans wanted.  To tell people to stop taking about something on a forum designed to do just that is ridiculous.  If we were limited to talking about stuff we knew would happen, how boring would the draft have been, or talking about the upcoming season?  

That response is no different than me saying I think the Bills will win 10 games this year (I don’t) and someone saying I need to stop because it won’t happen.  Who cares?  

Exactly, anyone who gets angry about a post of says something demeaning to another poster are sad human beings.  Im a lifetime bills fan, which means everything about football has been hopes and fantasy up to last season.  People like Cornette just live miserable lives so they anonymously vent here.  Also, this is still basically dead time for football. Have some dang fun

Edited by BillsMafia13

I have hope that the Bills trade for Mack.   Seeing he has yet to speak with Gruden, the fact he is pissed that he was franchised, and it seems Khalil is quite fond of Buffalo.  This is not Hank Bullough Buffalo Bills.  I am buying what McDermott and Beane are selling.  And I surmise many players around league are as well.  What if Mack continues to hold out through week 2?  If Mack truly wants out of Oakland he can force it

Mack and Edmunds would be scary together.  With Mack and a healthy D, we might have best D in NFL IMO