What is the most boring NFL city?

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Apparently the one bringing 700K people from all over the country and Canada...in just the time I was there this year walking to and from our car I counted license plates from 11 states and 3 provinces...

Pictures or it didn't happen.

12 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I originally interpreted this thread as meaning what city has the most boring football atmosphere. Then the OP stated that it’s simply the most boring city with an NFL team. If this is the case, how has the thread lasted four pages? The answer is unequivocally Green Bay. 

Thank you for summarizing my random thoughts. I am not so good at communicating, especially when thumb typing.

I would agree that Green Bay is near the top of the list of least attractive destinations, but they have good fishing nearby, right? So, not the most boring.

I'd say it depends on your definition of boring.  If you're looking for a night out then some places are better than others.  If you're looking to go to a bar and shoot the **** and banter with the locals then the smaller the town the better.

I've done NOLA and Cleveland about 15 years apart.  Both were great times since my age gap between the two changed my expectations and wants.

TL;DR

NOLA was great for going out and getting drunk everywhere with plenty of co-eds

Cleveland was great for sitting down and getting drunk with fans and co-eds.

Edited by The Wiz

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Anyone that says Buffalo obviously isnt here in the summer when it transforms into the Festival capital of the US holding 3 of the biggest 5 festivals in the country and uncountable small ones...you could literally spend every weekend going to festivals, sometimes as many as 4 or 5 a day...

Spent 26 summers in Buffalo. They don’t host 3 of the 5 biggest festivals in the country. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'd say it depends on your definition of boring.  If you're looking for a night out then some places are better than others.  If you're looking to go to a bar and shoot the **** and banter with the locals then the smaller the town the better.

I've done NOLA and Cleveland about 15 years apart.  Both were great times since my age gap between the two changed my expectations and wants.

TL;DR

NOLA was great for going out and getting drunk everywhere with plenty of co-eds

Cleveland was great for sitting down and getting drunk with fans and co-eds.

NO and Cleveland. I never thought of them as boring. I mean, jeebus, one city lives under water and the other has a burning river. Not boring. 

2 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

In terms of game day experience, I’ve heard sf and la are really bad. 

Having lived there for six years, you’re half right. If you visit it feels like there’s not much to do. No major things hitting you over the head that seem appealing. But living there, we know the ins and outs and it’s a lot of fun. 

Maybe you’re right. But I did live in NC for almost a decade, spent time all over the state between work and play, and found literally every other part of the state more interesting than CLT. 

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Jacksonville is pretty damned dull.  

And as spread out as they are all over the place, I can't imagine Dallas and Houston are all that exciting, either.

Houston is awesome. Haven't been to a game there, but I've been there for business trips.

4 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

I am nothing but delighted you caught my nonsensical quip !
: )
It was actually for fun.

who the heck knows about other cities and how boring they may or may not be ? you lived in Baltimore, and that may be your best comparison to Buffalo.
Most of us are not globetrotters and able to discern the nightlife and fun factors in other cities.
 silly thread. i had a silly answer

and now you know my character. or lack thereof ☺️

Plenty of people travel. Sorry if you don't.

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

We are gonna head in to Green Bay Saturday before the game and get a stadium tour and I assume there will be time to check out the museum too.  Is there any good places to get some Brats?? 

All over.  Look on yelp and you can probably find some reviews on restaurants with good brats. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I am sure that a lot of people would put Buffalo at the top of a dull NFL city list, but I think when they come to visit people are very surprised that Buffalo is not what they perceived it was going to be. I do think you need to have somebody that knows the city to show you around in order to have a good time though. I have been to a lot of NFL cities and I think you can find fun things to do most anywhere. I’m pretty good at finding  stuff to do. I will say because I live in the bay area that Oakland is not really dull so much as it is intimidating in some areas so the perception is that it is dangerous and there is nothing to do. It definitely gets overshadowed by San Francisco. One thing to note is that the Niners play so far south that it’s almost as though San Jose is their home city now. San Jose is pretty bland. 

7 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Jacksonville at least has the Atlantic Ocean right there. I hate to say it guys, but in terms of most boring NFL cities it might come down to Buffalo or Green Bay. 

Jacksonville getting a lot of action in this thread. Their fan base is weak as hell. But as someone who has lived in both Jacksonville and WNY, there’s a lot more to do in Jax. One downside is the city is very spread out, so as a fan coming in for a game that doesn’t leave downtown, you’re pretty much only seeing the worst part of the city (downtown/stadium area) 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I'd put Jacksonville, FL, pretty close to the bottom of the list.

Charlotte, NC as well.  

Many others to choose from too.

Odd topic, to be honest.

I agree, it’s all relative. Compared to NYC, every NFL city is boring. We are a nation of suburban neighborhoods. The importance of vibrant cities (downtown districts) began to lose their importance in the 50’s. This trend is slowly being reversed, but people inhabit cities for economic opportunities more than the ability to have fun. There are plenty of interesting and exciting NFL cities, but there are also many boring ones. Keep in mind, what’s boring to a tourist, isn’t necessarily boring to a resident. 

12 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

What about Minneapolis/St Paul? Going for the game and not really finding much to do there aside from a big mall...which is not in Minny really... and Paisley Park (Princes house) which is also not in Minneapolis. One of their "must-dos" is a flour production museum. Woohoo! 

Interested in anyone’s experience in Minneapolis as I’m headed there for the first time this year as well...

• Like (+1) 1

Indy.

39 minutes ago, wppete said:

Jacksonville is a Sh*t hole. 

This too...

8 hours ago, Homey D. Clown said:

tampa.  I'll agree with whomever said jacksonville too, I'd say its a tie between the two.  Those cities have absolutely nothing to offer.

What... You don't like BDubs and Corporate Dining?  

39 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

Interested in anyone’s experience in Minneapolis as I’m headed there for the first time this year as well...

I'm doing a brewery tour, as they look to have some really good ones, and the food options also look really good. Other than that, there is a well reviewed contemporary art gallery/ museum and some general walking around that are the other options. I've always found a good Bills Backers tailgate for away games but I haven't even found that yet. Fingers crossed.

Edit: I chose Minny for the stadium so I don't think I'll be disappointed regardless.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FluffHead said:

Planning on going as well, mostly to see the stadium. We’ll always google the ‘Top Ten things to do’ and start there. All Cities have sights to see.