Jarvis Landry says Tyrod Taylor looks "amazing"

It's all just practice until September. Tyrod is the same Tyrod no matter what uniform he wears. Once the real games start you will see a similar performance, with similar numbers, and with the same limitations. Good guy, good teammate, great athlete, and a higher end of the lower third of QB's in this league. He will never be a QB who carries a team with his arm. 

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

It's all just practice until September. Tyrod is the same Tyrod no matter what uniform he wears. Once the real games start you will see a similar performance, with similar numbers, and with the same limitations. Good guy, good teammate, great athlete, and a higher end of the lower third of QB's in this league. He will never be a QB who carries a team with his arm. 

...a very fair and valid assessment....."live ammo" is the true test..........another world......

28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If Nick Chubb is as good as advertised and they use Tyrod's mobility to scare defenses, their rush offense should be very good. Very unlikely it's as good as ours was in 2016 though, so to have a top 10 scoring offense Tyrod will have to play better than he ever has. There are a lot of wildcards in the Browns offense this year. Will Haley design a winning offense in his first year there? Will Chubb be as explosive as he was before his knee injury? Will Gordon keep his head on straight for a full year? Can their O-line hold up? Can Tyrod bounce back after the worst season of his career? It's almost an entirely different offense from last year so it's hard to predict.

Haley is the real wild card IMO.  For those who don't recall, Haley is the guy who fired Chan Gailey right before the season for wanting to install a spread-type offense QBs like Thigpen and Cassel could actually run, took over as OC/HC himself, and finished 4-12.  The next year, Weis joined him as OC and they had some success.  Following year, changed OC again and not so much,   Prior to KC, in AZ, Haley had good success - with Kurt Warner as his QB.  After KC, Haley had good success as OC in Pittsburgh - with Ben Roethlisburger as his QB, until he wore out his welcome by reportedly, not being able to get along with Roethlisberger to the point where the QB coach had to function as the go-between.  In addition to any friction, Le'Veon Bell pointed to play calling on 3rd down and in the red zone, and said Haley would call plays Roeth "didn't like" in those situations (which begs the question why Roeth "didn't like" them - because he felt the O wasn't able to execute them effectively?  because he felt they didn't exploit what the D was giving them?  because he thought the play had a girly name?)

Bottom line, Haley has successfully designed an offense to make a good or great QB better, but he lacks a positive track record working with a mediocre or limited QB.  And even in Pittsburgh with Big Ben, it took Haley 3 years to go from #21 to top-10.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, snamsnoops said:

TDs win games.  Not yards or receptions. We will not miss tyrod. 

My point overall was that looking at the numbers neither Sammy nor Woods were dramatically better in 2017 than they were in 2018. These weren't stud receivers in 2017 who sucked in 2016. Goodwin was the only receiver that flourished in 2017 that didn't have a good year in 2016 and considering that Goodwin was hurt in 2016 that might explain that somewhat.  

I've gotta say Tyrod has done very well for himself with his limited skill set.

He's about to start his 4th season as a starting QB in the NFL, and he's being paid real money.

Whether or not he can quickly read a defense, or throw a ball which compliments a WR's movement.

He keeps his comments short and clean, looks good, and keeps the

message board moving on slow days..............

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

This is what’s wrong with you millennials 

All excuses, all fake news, no accountability. 

haha projection is a real talent, huh?

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

If Jarvis loves Tyrod now, wait until Tyrod does his frozen deer caught in the headlights routine during a real game! 

He'll absolutely adore him then.

we'll see. funny. the amount of people rooting for him to fail. you'd think he was a terrible person/athlete that disgraced the Bills uniform.

...but some people live for "I told you so" moments. it's all they have.

TT will be a better Brown than a Bill, and rightfully so.

Edited by 87168

8 minutes ago, 87168 said:

TT will be a better Brown than a Bill, and rightfully so.

What a dumb thing to say.      

Google 2018 NFL #1 draft pick for starters.  

Rightfully so ?    Enjoy your new franchise traitor, take the other Tystans with you to twodawgpound.com 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Let's see what Tyrod looks like without McCoy.

Hyde is good and all but no Shady.

I think Duke Johnson will become the Browns' go-to RB this year. He showed flashes last year, especially in the passing game. He just needs to protect the ball better.

6 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

This is what’s wrong with you millennials 

All excuses, all fake news, no accountability. 

I couldn’t agree more comrade ?

• Like (+1) 1

WR who always has something to say talks up his QB in preseason.  Details at 11.   :rolleyes:

I wonder what Landry will say after the first few times he's open downfield and Taylor doesn't pull the trigger.

By the way, TT is a very good middle round Fantasy QB pick. He always has good numbers because of his running yards and good TD/Interception ratio. He may not led his real team to the Super Bowl, but he has lead my FF team to two League Championships.

On July 6, 2018 at 7:19 PM, Rubes said:

I wish Tyrod the best, I really do. If he somehow lights it up and leads them deep into the playoffs, that's awesome for him. And I wouldn't hold it against the Bills brass for dealing him away, as most of us here wouldn't. I just think TT reached his ceiling here in Buffalo. Could his ceiling be higher elsewhere? Sure, it's possible. Just not likely.

Well said, Rubes.

He has some great skills and some great intangibles.  I also think, given the additional talent that team now has, he will lead them to anywhere from 5-11 to 7-9.

Man, it was just time here to move on from him and his limitations.

Regardless of how long he continues to be a starter, that is a man who is/should likely remain a QB in this league until he is 35 or so.  He brings something to the table that would help a number of teams in some capacity.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1