President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Love how he is waving an answer that Judge swore under oath to questions a friendly attorney asked. What a joke 

Judge Judy doesn't even take statements form people she can't cross examine.  That was kind of ridiculous.  Especially coming from a Judge.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

This is more entertaining than the game day thread.  That one kind of sucks.  Goes like this:

The Bills are great!!

The Bills Suck!!

The Bills are great!!

The Bills Suck!!

The Bills are great!!

The Bills Suck!!

The Bills are great!!

The Bills Suck!!

The Bills are great!!

The Bills Suck!!

Are you drunk, Mr. Kavanaugh?

No Bills game day threads have ever included a 50% mix of claiming the Bills are great.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Are you drunk, Mr. Kavanaugh?

No Bills game day threads have ever included a 50% mix of claiming the Bills are great.

Well it's more of how people say they are great or suck based on a single play.  It's !@#$ing hilarious.  

26 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

And we're supposed to tolerate this? Where's the PRETENSE of a civil society?

It's gone.....we'll see what comes of this whole charade,  it's looking more and more like a society where the ends justify the means and everything else be damned. 

Sooo apropos of nothing... or maybe calendars...we are cleaning out my MIL's house, and hubby called me over to look at his 8th grade brag book signed by the graduating class. Then I got to see all his awards, scholarships, yearbooks, etc from high school - his letters, crap signed by Ronnie Reagan, etc.

His stuff has been sitting in a box for about... 35 years. While he may not of saved this crap, his mom sure did. People save the darndest things.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

10 minutes ago, KW95 said:

I love beer, I drink beer, I've had too many beers....I've never blacked out.....HAHAHAHAH!

Dude is my hero!

Yeah.  I caught this too.  He loves beer and bragged about it and drank under age in high school, but never did not remember what he did the night before while drinking.  Never.  OK.

22 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Hey, you might be steady Eddie in real life for all I know, but you seem hyperfocused on classifying those who appear to have a financial leg up on you as undeserving.  That makes you appear small-minded and petty. Interestingly, you're doing exactly what people who used to prejudge alleged victims of sexual assault always did...prejudging based on your limited life experiences and grouping people by class. 

For all you know, Brett K may have been bullied, sexually assaulted by someone close to him, have lost friends to drugs and suicide and been betrayed by friends. He may suffer from ADD, ADHD, and dyslexia, while some other rich boy like your brother cruises through Yale and takes someone elses spot. Heck maybe your brother bullied him at Yale, because when in Rome...

It's hard to say, but then again that's the point. 

Not all with a leg up financially are undeserving, but many are. My brother was the poor kid at Yale, so it was interesting from a sociological perspective. I would classify 95% of the silver spooners as piss poor morally and many wouldn't have amounted to sh*t it weren't for their birth fortune. Roughly 1/20 were exceptional people who didn't need the advantage.

Kavanaugh strikes me as the kind of guy who thinks he's above reproach. His histrionics today were not a good look. My view is that his mentality stems from a sense of entitlement. It's what I believe based on anecdotal evidence and life experience, and merely an opinion. That's rather the purpose of a message board.

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Yeah.  I caught this too.  He loves beer and bragged about it and drank under age in high school, but never did not remember what he did the night before while drinking.  Never.  OK.

I drank as beer as anybody in high school, and I never once blacked out.  I did later in life, but waayyy later, and when doing a lot of hard liquor. 

6 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not all with a leg up financially are undeserving, but many are. My brother was the poor kid at Yale, so it was interesting from a sociological perspective. I would classify 95% of the silver spooners as piss poor morally and many wouldn't have amounted to sh*t it weren't for their birth fortune. Roughly 1/20 were exceptional people who didn't need the advantage.

Kavanaugh strikes me as the kind of guy who thinks he's above reproach. His histrionics today were not a good look. My view is that his mentality stems from a sense of entitlement. It's what I believe based on anecdotal evidence and life experience, and merely an opinion. That's rather the purpose of a message board.

You have ****ty opinions and should be embarrassed to espouse them in any forum, even under the veil of anonymity. 

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Howe do you think it plays with non-costal Democrats, in the bible belt, and rust belt?  In the swing states that Trump carried? States considered Purple, or that Democrats carry by narrow margins?

Most college towns, this plats very well for Democrats.

It's still an urban vs. rural civil war, regardless of how the voting sorts out.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Ah, the ugly politics of greed, bigotry, and hate.

All with a leg up financially are deserving because those who came before them worked to earn and save, are entitled to what they have earned and saved through the fruits of their labor, and are entitled to do with their justly acquired wealth what they see fit.

Those who they then bequeath their legacy to are deserving solely because those whom have left them whatever sums they have been left have deemed them to be.

There is no absurd left-leaning moral barometer by which this justice is judged.

It's how private property works, quite literally.

You're an admittedly hateful bigot, you argument should be left as that.  There's no window dressing capable of "prettying up" that truth.

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Sooo apropos of nothing... or maybe calendars...we are cleaning out my MIL's house, and hubby called me over to look at his 8th grade brag book signed by the graduating class. Then I got to see all his awards, scholarships, yearbooks, etc from high school - his letters, crap signed by Ronnie Reagan, etc.

His stuff has been sitting in a box for about... 35 years. While he may not of saved this crap, his mom sure did. People save the darndest things.

Cleaning out my grandmother's stuff last month, we found her third grade report card.

Didn't find a calendar of everything she did, though.

15 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Ah, the ugly politics of greed, bigotry, and hate.

All with a leg up financially are deserving because those who came before them worked to earn and save, are entitled to what they have earned and saved through the fruits of their labor, and are entitled to do with their justly acquired wealth what they see fit.

Those who they then bequeath their legacy to are deserving solely because those whom have left them whatever sums they have been left have deemed them to be.

There is no absurd left-leaning moral barometer by which this justice is judged.

It's how private property works, quite literally.

You're an admittedly hateful bigot, you argument should be left as that.  There's no window dressing capable of "prettying up" that truth.

Zero hate involved. 

I'd prefer a meritocracy where wealth begetting wealth begetting privilege isn't the norm.

To see a guy like Kavanaugh go down on charges of immorality is pretty damn remarkable considering his involvement in the Clinton Witch Hunt. Almost restores ones faith in cosmic justice.