President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

It's interesting when Senators do everything in their book of tricks to block a nominee. 

No party has the high ground on treatment of nominees, and neither party seems to want to improve the process. 

11 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

It would seem to me Dr. Ford would be eager to get this going first thing tomorrow a.m.

Why would she not cooperate? Why won't Feinstein cooperate?

What are they hiding?

Ford says she will testify if called. As of late this morning, her attorney said no senator had contacted her yet, which, since this is a breaking story, seems about right.

40 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

No party has the high ground on treatment of nominees, and neither party seems to want to improve the process. 

I'd say the Republicans do in this case, since they actually followed the Constitution and Senate procedure in denying Garland.  

Admittedly, it's not exactly the highest of high ground.  Just higher than the Democrats' perpetual temper tantrum.

Put her under oath, after having investigated her. If she lies, throw her in jail and vote to move the nomination to the full senate immediately.

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Wellllll there seems to be a certain faction of the "new feminists" who are willing to do or say anything for "the cause".   She may not care that her life is about to be a punchline and every crazy thing she has said and done is now going to become public knowledge. She willing to "take a stand" to fight for "what is right!" (Normal people do not make pink kitty hats, or dress up as walking vulva, or condoms and go out in public to promote "their cause" this way.)

For as disinterested as the MSM and "the left" are in who she is and why she decided 40 years later to tell her story (and I am talking story in the fabled sense), there are plenty on "the right" who will not take her claims at face value, and will use public archives, research, etc to find out the truth, and spread the work via social media, phone trees, and rallies (no matter how disinterested the GOPe, left, and MSM may be).

Agreed, she needs to be doxed.

Every facet of her life should be thrown into the public arena.

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Put her under oath, after having investigated her. If she lies, throw her in jail and vote to move the nomination to the full senate immediately.

Any kind of an investigation is playing into the dems hands. Their entire purpose for anything they've done during this process is to delay a vote on Kavanaugh. Dianne Feinstein held this letter back for 2-3 months without a peep and then threw it out there at a time that it would only delay his confirmation. If it had been disclosed earlier it could have been dealt with in a way that didn't slow things down. The dems are practicing dirty politics extraordinaire.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Any kind of an investigation is playing into the dems hands. Their entire purpose for anything they've done during this process is to delay a vote on Kavanaugh. Dianne Feinstein held this letter back for 2-3 months without a peep and then threw it out there at a time that it would only delay his confirmation. If it had been disclosed earlier it could have been dealt with in a way that didn't slow things down. The dems are practicing dirty politics extraordinaire.

Well no ****.

It's what they do. Could just ignore it.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I'd say the Republicans do in this case, since they actually followed the Constitution and Senate procedure in denying Garland.  

Admittedly, it's not exactly the highest of high ground.  Just higher than the Democrats' perpetual temper tantrum.

And if the Senate votes to re-open inquiry on this, which at this point they probably have to do unfortunately, they will also be following procedure. 

I despised what happened with Clarence Thomas, not just because of the "he said, she said" nature of the accusation, but also because the worst thing anyone could say was that he made a joke about a pubic hair on a Coke can. The Rs should open up a time-limited inquiry to air it out and then move on. The Dems won't get the delay they are hoping for unless some bigger evidence comes up in the next day.  

No matter how often I wash my balls, they are never really clean: That's how the Senate confirmation of SC candidates feels ever since Bork.

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Agreed, she needs to be doxed.

Every facet of her life should be thrown into the public arena.

This is precisely the wrong thing to do. You see how crazy the leftists are right now? Who's to say Maxine Waters doesn't incite them again to retaliate by sending another crazy guy with a knife or gun to go after Kavanaugh's family? The party has already incited their base to violence, whether it's shooting Scalise or trying to stab the guy in CA. 

They are completely unhinged at this point, and if this woman gets doxed no one named Kavanaugh will be safe.

They're doing the right thing: pressing for the woman to come forth and testify. Push the issue immediately. If the left had a spine, they'd be ready.

I'm tempted to call BS on Ford's accusations since Kavanaugh has already been vetted by the FBI six times in the past. Surely considering all of their resources combined with their penchant for leaking to the press we would have already heard about this had it actually happened.

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, the dems are getting their delay. They are the epitome of sleaze.

It won’t be that long of a delay unless something more verifiable comes up. The ultimate goal would be to delay until after the mid terms in the hope that they complete the Hail Mary of flipping the Senate. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, the dems are getting their delay. They are the epitome of sleaze.

It will be especially disgusting if they manage to get Kavanaugh to drop out based on accusations that have no basis to them, but if they do, you can bet your ass people will come out of the woodwork to destroy everyone in Washington based on everything that ever was suggested to have happened at any point in their lives...ever.

It'll be a bloodbath. And while I'll be disappointed in what happened to Kavanaugh, I'll get a front-row-freaking-seat to watch every one of these leftists have to quit their job because some former babysitter wants her 15 minutes of fame.

5 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

It won’t be that long of a delay unless something more verifiable comes up. The ultimate goal would be to delay until after the mid terms in the hope that they complete the Hail Mary of flipping the Senate. 

Any delay is a loss of the fiber that makes American great.  

Good job Dems.

8 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

It will be especially disgusting if they manage to get Kavanaugh to drop out based on accusations that have no basis to them, but if they do, you can bet your ass people will come out of the woodwork to destroy everyone in Washington based on everything that ever was suggested to have happened at any point in their lives...ever.

It'll be a bloodbath. And while I'll be disappointed in what happened to Kavanaugh, I'll get a front-row-freaking-seat to watch every one of these leftists have to quit their job because some former babysitter wants her 15 minutes of fame.

There was no mad rush after Clarence Thomas like everyone feared. No need to be so alarmist. Good people can weather a shotstorm if it’s BS. I hope K beats this and it goes away. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

There was no mad rush after Clarence Thomas like everyone feared. No need to be so alarmist. Good people can wether a shotstorm if it’s BS. 

Clarence Thomas was confirmed while in the scenario LA points out Kavanaugh gets "Borked".

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

There was no mad rush after Clarence Thomas like everyone feared. No need to be so alarmist. Good people can wether a shotstorm if it’s BS. 

I may be a little of an alarmist, but let's be honest, the left used to be able to get away with this stuff because the right didn't know how to fight  back.

They know how to fight back now. You can thank Andrew Breitbart for it. There was a time all Anthony Weiner had to do was say "My account was hacked," and the issue would die. Not anymore. Now the right can be relentless. Throw in Trump's brashness, the left constantly demeaning his voters by calling them 'deplorables' or Biden's recent 'dregs of society,' and, well, I wouldn't want to be Kamala Harris. You think the Kamala Harris stories begin and end with her banging Willie Brown for a job?

Like I said. A bloodbath. Because all it will take is some made-up accusation from 30 years ago when they were freshman in high school, and the precedent will have been set.

33 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I may be a little of an alarmist, but let's be honest, the left used to be able to get away with this stuff because the right didn't know how to fight  back.

They know how to fight back now. You can thank Andrew Breitbart for it. There was a time all Anthony Weiner had to do was say "My account was hacked," and the issue would die. Not anymore. Now the right can be relentless. Throw in Trump's brashness, the left constantly demeaning his voters by calling them 'deplorables' or Biden's recent 'dregs of society,' and, well, I wouldn't want to be Kamala Harris. You think the Kamala Harris stories begin and end with her banging Willie Brown for a job?

Like I said. A bloodbath. Because all it will take is some made-up accusation from 30 years ago when they were freshman in high school, and the precedent will have been set.

This is why I posted earlier saying that everyone's life should be recorded and stored by the government.

1 hour ago, Albwan said:

It's too bad he can't claim he's being lynched.

Ohhhh boy is he a dead man walking!! His friend in the room with him while he attacked that poor girl is an author, right wing propagandist and an author of...wait for it!!!! A book on his alcoholic teenage years!! Yes, yes it's true. He will be called in front of congress to testify, lol

Oh boy!! 

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/17/17870642/mark-judge-brett-kavanaugh-friend-christine-ford

BREAKING: SenGrassley confirms he has invited Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh to testify at a public hearing Monday 10am. "Unfortunately, committee Democrats have refused to join us in this effort. "

.One now has reason to legitimately question whether Democrats are interested in transparency and hearing from Kavanaugh and his accuser, Christin Blasey Ford, or just scoring political points.

They didn’t want to join in extending the invitation, but who believes they won’t all be present at the hearing with piles of questions?

MORE:

SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE TO HOLD PUBLIC HEARING MONDAY WITH KAVANAUGH AND ACCUSER:

“If you thought the grandstanding from 2020 contenders like Cory Booker and Kamala Harris was overbearing the first time around, it’s almost unfathomable how obnoxious it’ll be this time. Booker will cry. A lot.”

• Like (+1) 1

Debra Katz, the attorney for the woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, said that it is not her client’s job to corroborate her claims. ?

Katz said on CNN on Monday that investigators should be responsible for proving Christine Blasey Ford’s claim that Kavanaugh held her down and drunkenly groped her while at a party in high school.

Link

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Debra Katz, the attorney for the woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, said that it is not her client’s job to corroborate her claims. ?

Katz said on CNN on Monday that investigators should be responsible for proving Christine Blasey Ford’s claim that Kavanaugh held her down and drunkenly groped her while at a party in high school.

Link

What?  The accuser has no burden of proof any more?  What the !@#$?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Link

Oh my gad!!! A presumption of innocence? Preposterous!!! 

38 minutes ago, B-Man said:

.One now has reason to legitimately question whether Democrats are interested in transparency and hearing from Kavanaugh and his accuser, Christin Blasey Ford, or just scoring political points.

They didn’t want to join in extending the invitation, but who believes they won’t all be present at the hearing with piles of questions?

MORE:

SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE TO HOLD PUBLIC HEARING MONDAY WITH KAVANAUGH AND ACCUSER:

“If you thought the grandstanding from 2020 contenders like Cory Booker and Kamala Harris was overbearing the first time around, it’s almost unfathomable how obnoxious it’ll be this time. Booker will cry. A lot.”

Biggest #%**show ever.

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

What?  The accuser has no burden of proof any more?  What the !@#$?

It's unfair and cruel to re-victimize the victims by making them prove that they're actually victims decades after they were victimized. The burden should rest solely on the accused to prove a negative beyond all possible doubt.

Edited by Koko78

17 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Oh my gad!!! A presumption of innocence? Preposterous!!! 

Welcome to #metoo... where every woman should be believed, regardless of lack of evidence,  corroboration, false memories, made up memories,  or heck, even without knowledge of the who, what, when, or how of the incident happened. 

As I have said before, these false accusers sicken me.  For every false claim that happens, not only is a man's life (usually it is a man) ruined, but it makes it more difficult for actual victims of sexual assault to come forward and be believed.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Link

Interesting, too, that this explicit refusal to testify and challenge his appointment is also a subtle call to investigate the accusation, despite the FBI already passing on it...

...i.e., yet another delaying tactic.  

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Welcome to #metoo... where every woman should be believed, regardless of lack of evidence,  corroboration, false memories, made up memories,  or heck, even without knowledge of the who, what, when, or how of the incident happened. 

Unless it's a "bimbo eruption."

I really wish some junior Republican senator would come out and call this a "bimbo eruption," just to force the Democrats to face their bull **** head on.

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

It's unfair and cruel to re-victimize the victims by making them prove that they're actually victims decades after they were victimized. The burden should rest solely on the accused to prove a negative beyond all possible doubt.

You know that this is a common argument, right?

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Interesting, too, that this explicit refusal to testify and challenge his appointment is also a subtle call to investigate the accusation, despite the FBI already passing on it...

If they are testifying to congress the FBI needs to investigate, get them all down on the record so the senate knows some background info to ask the right questions. That frat boy buddy of Kavenaugh needs to be questioned for sure. 

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Welp, it is happening on Monday. The questions I have are will her attorney (and whoever is instigating this shitshow)  have enough time to coach her up to sound rational? Or, will she show up wearing her kitty hat with another "impeach Trump" signed petition?  From what I've seen online about her, it would take waaaaay past the "December" date her attorney originally suggested to make her seem sane, so Monday should be interesting. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

As I have said before, these false accusers sicken me.  For every false claim that happens, not only is a man's life (usually it is a man) ruined, but it makes it more difficult for actual victims of sexual assault to come forward and be believed.  

It also makes the actions of cretins like Spacey and Weinstein look like no big deal.