President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

Seriously..........without the joking around or cliched responses we all do

HOW DOES THIS PERSON GET IN A SENATE HEARING ?

You or I can't just stroll into the Capitol or its support buildings...............what is going on ??

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Seriously..........without the joking around or cliched responses we all do

HOW DOES THIS PERSON GET IN A SENATE HEARING ?

You or I can't just stroll into the Capitol or its support buildings...............what is going on ??

They are being let in by Democratic staffers.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And...he makes her look like a simpleton by telling her....its in the book. 15 seconds or less, and while this clip cuts her reply short, she seems to smirk, nod her head reflexively and set up her next WAUA. 

(Wild assed unfounded accusation) 

Political Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

nancy-pelosi-remember-me_new.jpg

Never underestimate Nancy Pelosi’s ability to say something completely insane. Check out this warning about Brett Kavanaugh:

Missed this yesterday but Pelosi suggested that Brown v. Board could be in jeopardy if Kavanaugh is confirmed...

"If he doesn't believe in stare decisis of established law, everything is on the table: again, voting rights, civil rights, Brown v. The Board of Education."

We’re not sure what would be worse: If she actually believes this, or if she knows she’s lying through her teeth and just doesn’t care.

Does Pelosi not know that Brown itself happened because the Court overturned a longstanding precedent (Plessy v Ferguson)?

All Dems have to do is not be insane. And they just … can’t … do it.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/09/07/shes-a-lunatic-nancy-pelosis-warning-about-brett-kavanaugh-is-some-flaming-hot-garbage/

dde80f4d9ce6ba9d8a1ff00b93837f4fb7c8ce23

35 minutes ago, KRC said:

The guy has a point. Obviously, it will fall on deaf ears.

Sen. Ben Sasse

I missed this one yesterday.  Thanks for sharing.  

I disagree with his assertion that Kavanaugh will put his political beliefs in a box labelled "irrelevant" but everything else Sen. Sasse said in principle is spot on.  

It's exactly why I want term limits for the legislature:  it makes their job becomes legislating rather than reelection.  

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Political Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

nancy-pelosi-remember-me_new.jpg

Never underestimate Nancy Pelosi’s ability to say something completely insane. Check out this warning about Brett Kavanaugh:

Missed this yesterday but Pelosi suggested that Brown v. Board could be in jeopardy if Kavanaugh is confirmed...

"If he doesn't believe in stare decisis of established law, everything is on the table: again, voting rights, civil rights, Brown v. The Board of Education."

We’re not sure what would be worse: If she actually believes this, or if she knows she’s lying through her teeth and just doesn’t care.

Does Pelosi not know that Brown itself happened because the Court overturned a longstanding precedent (Plessy v Ferguson)?

All Dems have to do is not be insane. And they just … can’t … do it.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/09/07/shes-a-lunatic-nancy-pelosis-warning-about-brett-kavanaugh-is-some-flaming-hot-garbage/

dde80f4d9ce6ba9d8a1ff00b93837f4fb7c8ce23

So...she believes stare decisis is an inviolable principle?

Because I don't recall her complaining when Trump v. Hawaii overturned Korematsu v. United States.

7 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

This is where the left yells "Who cares?!? If you don't like it, leave LA. Oh, and if you leave LA, you're a coward!"

Leftists are funny like that. Not very smart. But funny.

Hey! If you call one Nobel Prize winner a dirtball POS, you call all of them a dirtball POS, and since Barack Obama has one, that makes you a racist!

You got me on that one.... But if I call Al Gore a POS does that even it out or does it make me a denier? 

From Steven Hayward:  https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/09/will-the-lib-bubble-explode.php

FTA:

I’ve been rethinking my mockery of this Krugman headline:

Kavanaugh-hed.jpeg?resize=600,258&ssl=1

Actually, it makes perfect sense when you think about it. Modern liberalism depends on the idea of the “living Constitution,” which means that the written Constitution is dead. I sometimes like to quip that I’d prefer my Constitution dead on the page, thank you very much, not alive and wiggling like some kind of ugly green jello. So if Justice Kavanaugh can in fact “kill” the Constitution, it means in Krugman-speak that he will restore the Constitution as written and intended. No wonder he’s freaking out. How you gonna do all that redistributin’ if the Constitution is actually in force?

I predicted back in June that the confirmation hearings would be disrupted, which took—what? 45 seconds?—to be proven correct? Here are my next predictions:

The Supreme Court will be disrupted this fall, perhaps on the first day of its session with newly installed Justice Kavanaugh, with leftists yelling that Kavanaugh and Gorsuch are “illegitimate” justices. Someone else will have a hidden camera to post the footage online.

If—a big if—there’s a Democratic president and a Democratic Congress in our future, look for Democrats to take a run at two ideas that have already been floated: FDR-style court-packing, and/or impeachment of Justices Gorsuch and Kavanaugh. Liberals have already floated court-packing, openly and without apology or embarrassment. I think some of the line of questioning by Democrats last week was an attempt to be able to argue that Kavanaugh “perjured” himself.

Which brings me to one final comment. Democrats, I have discovered, are still hopping mad about Merrick Garland not getting on the Court. To which I usually respond with one word: “Bork.”

But the idea that Garland’s seat was “stolen” is ridiculous. If anything, it is yet one more item in the long list of Hillary Clinton’s political incompetence. It was entirely within the constitutional prerogative of the Senate majority to conclude that an open Supreme Court seat should be a general election issue. Trump openly grasped it, and his decision to release of list of potential court appointments is among the reasons he won. Meanwhile, notice that Hillary Clinton wouldn’t say whether she’d send up Merrick Garland’s name again if she won the election. She could have made Garland an effective campaign talking point, but instead she stayed silent about Garland’s treatment, and everyone understood that she thought Garland was too moderate, and that she would appoint someone younger and much more to the left than the supposedly “moderate” Garland. (NB for some other time: Garland is no “moderate.” At best, he’s Stephen Breyer.)

So win, lose, or draw in the midterm election two months off, I’m expecting libs to completely lose their minds even more than they already have. The media simply don’t have enough bubble wrap to get them through.

More at the link:

Progressives warn Collins: Tube Kavanaugh or face our $900K death star

ED MORRISSEY Sep 10, 2018

Susan Collins said she needed the weekend to process her thoughts on Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation, but progressives in Maine have one last pitch to make. A crowdfunding effort launched in August to oppose Collins’ re-election has raised close to $900,000, and they’re promising to deploy it if she votes to confirm Donald Trump’s nominee to the Supreme Court:

In mid-August, liberal activists started a crowdfunding campaign that aimed to raise $500,000 for Collins’s Democratic challenger in 2020 — a sum that it pledged to return to donors if the incumbent Republican votes “no” on Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination.

As of this writing, that campaign has raised more than $878,000.

Watch the video that goes along with the crowdfunding, complete with “you’re voting to kill me” histrionics, and see if you can spot the flaw in the argument:

Actually, this argument has two basic flaws, apart from the nonsensical hyperbole used in support of it. First, these progressive groups will almost certainly fundraise and campaign against Collins even if she does vote against Kavanaugh. They’re going after Democrats in this cycle, even including Dianne Feinstein in California, where a progressive challenger will face her in the general election thanks to the Golden State’s all-in primary system. 

Second, while $900K sounds like a lot of money, it’s not all that significant in modern Senate campaigns. Even some House races are spending several times that amount in this cycle, and Senate races always run costlier, even in smaller states like Maine. It’s not nothing either, but again, it’s likely to be money that would have been spent against Collins anyway. In watching the video and the rhetoric used in it, do any of these women sound as though they’d be likely to vote for Collins in any circumstance, or to refrain from contributing against her? Pfft.

More at the link:

I admit it - I was scared. But what's more scary to me is the prospect of Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation to the Supreme Court. Call your Senators, it takes 2 minutes. 202-804-8191

It must be a truly bizarre experience to be Kavanaugh. You muddle along for fifty years, then wake up one morning and for some reason the lady from “Coyote Ugly” hates your ever-loving guts.

Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine fired back at progressive activists on Monday who have been raising money to oust the senator in the event she votes affirmatively to confirm Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

“I consider this quid pro quo fundraising to be the equivalent of an attempt to bribe me to vote against Judge Kavanaugh,” Collins told Newsmax. “If I vote against him, the money is refunded to the donors. If I vote for him, the money is given to my opponent for the 2020 race.”

Collins was referring to the joint effort by Maine People’s Alliance and Mainers for Accountable Leadership to crowdfund in an attempt to compel the senator to vote against Kavanaugh. The campaign, called “Either Sen. Collins VOTES NO on Kavanaugh OR we fund her future opponent,” has currently raised over $1.0 million, with a goal of $1.3 million.

“This effort will not influence my vote at all,” Collins continued. “I think it demonstrates the new lows to which the judge’s opponents have stooped.”

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine fired back at progressive activists on Monday who have been raising money to oust the senator in the event she votes affirmatively to confirm Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

“I consider this quid pro quo fundraising to be the equivalent of an attempt to bribe me to vote against Judge Kavanaugh,” Collins told Newsmax. “If I vote against him, the money is refunded to the donors. If I vote for him, the money is given to my opponent for the 2020 race.”

Collins was referring to the joint effort by Maine People’s Alliance and Mainers for Accountable Leadership to crowdfund in an attempt to compel the senator to vote against Kavanaugh. The campaign, called “Either Sen. Collins VOTES NO on Kavanaugh OR we fund her future opponent,” has currently raised over $1.0 million, with a goal of $1.3 million.

“This effort will not influence my vote at all,” Collins continued. “I think it demonstrates the new lows to which the judge’s opponents have stooped.”

I'm shocked she stated the obvious. And, apparently, it strengthened her resolve to vote for him - also shocking.

Likely committee vote on Kavanaugh: September 20

Likely procedural vote to end debate on Kavanaugh on the flr: September 24

Likely confirmation vote on Kavanaugh: Around September 26

Supreme Court term begins on October 1, the “first Monday in October.”

PROFILES IN COURAGE: Kavanaugh Fight Has Red State Dems Ducking for Cover.

Republicans and an array of conservative groups have zeroed in on the red-state Democrats, calling on them to address their colleagues’ behavior. The National Republican Senatorial Committee has issued challenges to Manchin and Heitkamp demanding to know if they agree with their fellow senators’ tactics. The NRSC released a series emails and online posts aimed at each red-state Democrat, tying them to Schumer and the organized protests that took place inside the hearing room.

One such post reads: “Does Joe Manchin agree with his Democrat colleagues’ tactics of throwing tantrums and attempting to drag an incredibly qualified nominee through the mud? Or will he finally speak out and give his support to Judge Kavanaugh?”

In Indiana, Republican challenger Mike Braun’s campaign called on Donnelly to address the “chaos” at the hearings. “Donnelly’s silence is a reminder that the least effective senator in Washington can’t even advocate for a fair Supreme Court hearing for President Trump’s highly qualified nominee,” said spokesman Josh Kelley.

In North Dakota, the GOP sent out an email following the first day of the hearings: “Heidi Heitkamp may be in more trouble than ever before,” it stated. “Senate Judiciary Democrats and 2020 presidential contenders have decided their own national ambitions matter more than saving Heidi Heitkamp’s failing campaign.”

You’d need a heart of stone not to laugh.

Democrats send 1,278 additional questions to Kavanaugh, More Than All Other SCOTUS Nominees Combined

September 12, 2018 | Alex Swoyer 

Senate Democrats submitted a record number of written questions to President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, in a move Republicans said was the latest attempt to delay confirmation of Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

The 1,278 questions are four times more than the number asked of Justice Neil M. Gorsuch, Mr. Trump’s first high court pick, last year. Indeed, it’s more than the combined total for every justice in U.S. history, said Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles E. Grassley.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the ranking Democrat on the committee, asked 241 questions herself...

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

Get Ready: Democrats May Be About To Accuse Kavanaugh Of Sexual Misconduct

Who didn’t see this coming? They’ve got absolutely nothing on the guy so now it’s time to go for broke. Buzzfeed has the latest in an article published less than an hour ago.

Senate Democrats on the Judiciary Committee have referred a letter concerning Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to the FBI.

The contents of the letter have been closely guarded by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the ranking member on the Senate Judiciary Committee, as well as California Rep. Anna Eshoo, who originally received the letter and shared it with Feinstein, according to sources familiar with the matter. But whispers of what it contains have made the rounds across Capitol Hill over the past week.

So what’s in the letter? Per The Intercept’s original reporting, it supposedly has to do with Kavanaugh and a woman dating back to when the two were in high school.

Different sources provided different accounts of the contents of the letter, and some of the sources said they themselves had heard different versions, but the one consistent theme was that it describes an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman while they were in high school.  Kept hidden, the letter is beginning to take on a life of its own.

Another clue is that the woman in question has retained Debra Katz as her lawyer, who’s known to represent #metoo accusers.

The woman who is the subject of the letter is now being represented by Debra Katz, a whistleblower attorney who works with #MeToo survivors. Joseph Abboud, an attorney at Katz’s firm, said that the firm was declining to comment.

Given that this is said to date back to Kavanaugh’s high school years, he’s going to have no recourse to defend himself. It’s possible The Intercept is misreading all this and the letter is nothing, but given all the pieces we have so far (including it being referred to the FBI), it appears fairly certain that the Democrats are about to accuse Kavanaugh of some kind of sexual misconduct.

https://www.redstate.com/diary/Bonchie/2018/09/13/get-ready-democrats-likely-accuse-kavanaugh-sexual-misdeeds/

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Who didn’t see this coming? They’ve got absolutely nothing on the guy so now it’s time to go for broke. Buzzfeed has the latest in an article published less than an hour ago.

Senate Democrats on the Judiciary Committee have referred a letter concerning Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to the FBI.

The contents of the letter have been closely guarded by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the ranking member on the Senate Judiciary Committee, as well as California Rep. Anna Eshoo, who originally received the letter and shared it with Feinstein, according to sources familiar with the matter. But whispers of what it contains have made the rounds across Capitol Hill over the past week.

So what’s in the letter? Per The Intercept’s original reporting, it supposedly has to do with Kavanaugh and a woman dating back to when the two were in high school.

Different sources provided different accounts of the contents of the letter, and some of the sources said they themselves had heard different versions, but the one consistent theme was that it describes an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman while they were in high school.  Kept hidden, the letter is beginning to take on a life of its own.

Another clue is that the woman in question has retained Debra Katz as her lawyer, who’s known to represent #metoo accusers.

The woman who is the subject of the letter is now being represented by Debra Katz, a whistleblower attorney who works with #MeToo survivors. Joseph Abboud, an attorney at Katz’s firm, said that the firm was declining to comment.

Given that this is said to date back to Kavanaugh’s high school years, he’s going to have no recourse to defend himself. It’s possible The Intercept is misreading all this and the letter is nothing, but given all the pieces we have so far (including it being referred to the FBI), it appears fairly certain that the Democrats are about to accuse Kavanaugh of some kind of sexual misconduct.

https://www.redstate.com/diary/Bonchie/2018/09/13/get-ready-democrats-likely-accuse-kavanaugh-sexual-misdeeds/

Oh for f***'* sake! 

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

These people are insane. Truly crazy. 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

These people are insane. Truly crazy. 

Anything to thwart the Nazi regime. None of their other histrionic temper tantrums have thus far worked. The Democrats will do anything to claim a 'victory' by Borking Judge Kavanaugh; by hook or by crook.

Just now, Koko78 said:

Anything to thwart the Nazi regime. None of their other histrionic temper tantrums have thus far worked. The Democrats will do anything to claim a 'victory' by Borking Judge Kavanaugh; by hook or by crook.

The vote can't get here soon enough. And them shooting their wad on this white-bread/vanilla guy? What happens when RBG is replaced and no one listens to their hyperbole? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The vote can't get here soon enough. And them shooting their wad on this white-bread/vanilla guy? What happens when RBG is replaced and no one listens to their hyperbole? 

They'll just go back to their old playbook. It's not them, the rest of us are just cruel, stupid, racist, misogynistic, blahblahblah, Nazis. We don't care about women, or blacks, or gays. Unless you happen to be a woman, or black, or gay - then you're an Uncle (Aunt?) Tom who isn't down with the cause.

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

They'll just go back to their old playbook. It's not them, the rest of us are just cruel, stupid, racist, misogynistic, blahblahblah, Nazis. We don't care about women, or blacks, or gays. Unless you happen to be a woman, or black, or gay - then you're an Uncle (Aunt?) Tom who isn't down with the cause.

The Dems don't even care about that. You have to be a woman of the "correct" party, a black of the "correct" party, or gay in the "correct" party for the Democrats to even sorta make an attempt at "caring". 

They’re doing with Kavanaugh what they tried to do with Thomas and what they did to Bork.

I guess all there is to do is reiterate that these ridiculous, increasingly hysterical attacks by democrats on Kavanaugh are the last gasps of an opposition that knows it cannot win, akin to the way a dying animal evacuates its bowels down its hind legs as it gives its final, gasping breath.

ursN3OVD_bigger.jpgBen ShapiroVerified account @benshapiro
FollowFollow @benshapiro
I have received information concerning Dianne Feinstein. I will not inform you of the nature of this information, the source of the information, or pretty much anything about it. Suffice it to say she eats small children.
10:26 AM - 13 Sep 2018

I’ll just mention again that Antonin Scalia was voted in 98-0..........................RBG was 96 - 3
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I have no idea how any person can consciously decide that aligning with the left is anything other than a vile and disgusting choice.

I don't get it either! Anyone with half a brain in there head can see how deceitful and dishonest the left has become! It's truly insane!