President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

If Obama was suspected of being a traitor, like some see Trump as, I wouldn't want him picking the judges who will diretly preside over his issue either. 

Some did see Obama as a traitor.  And you're complaining his judicial nomination didn't get rubber-stamped by the Senate.

You are so full of ****, you really need help.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Cinga said:

You're such a disingenuous type aren't you? No hearings on Garland and correctly so since they only followed the "Biden Rule". But how 'bout Sotomayor or Kagan? The Reps had every chance to throw a temper tantrum then but didn't.... I wonder why and don't even claim they were such outstanding characters. Hell, Kagan had never even served as a judge!

As for your dishonest question of recusal, let's play a game... Since Ginsberg, Sotomayor, and Kagan have all spoken out publicly against Trump, shouldn't they have to recuse themselves from ANYTHING associated with him?

100% correct, in context and no reply necessary. 

48 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The Senate?? That's funny! Obama won the election, what about that will of the people? You make a silly argument. You just think Republicans will is the will of the people 

The President nominates, silly boy, and former President Obama did just that. No outcry, no wailing at the Washington monument, and I agree with you 100% that the will of the people was served in that regard.  I say that in spite of the fact that I was not a fan of then President Obama. It's unfortunate that in this case, the nomination was akin to winning the popular vote, which might provide some lasting sentimental memory, and may well go on the shelf next to the Best Smile-Right Fielder trophy from a winless little league season, but it means little in the grand scheme of things.  

But this boils down to understanding the rules for confirming a nominee, and it's vital for you to understand that's a crucial part of the process. I can't help you if you think nominee = confirmation. Read a book sometime. 

On the other hand I am ok with calling the Obama nominee "Special Nominated Honorary Justice Merrick Garland" if it would ease your pain. 

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

As for your dishonest question of recusal, let's play a game... Since Ginsberg, Sotomayor, and Kagan have all spoken out publicly against Trump, shouldn't they have to recuse themselves from ANYTHING associated with him?

No, nice try, but exercising freedom of speech is completely different from being picked for your job by a person who might have issues before the court. 

By your standard, Gorsuch couldn't judge Trump either because he spoke out, also, neither could Roberts, who swore him in. 

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The President nominates, silly boy, and former President Obama did just that. No outcry, no wailing at the Washington monument, and I agree with you 100% that the will of the people was served in that regard.  I say that in spite of the fact that I was not a fan of then President Obama. It's unfortunate that in this case, the nomination was akin to winning the popular vote, which might provide some lasting sentimental memory, and may well go on the shelf next to the Best Smile-Right Fielder trophy from a winless little league season, but it means little in the grand scheme of things.  

But this boils down to understanding the rules for confirming a nominee, and it's vital for you to understand that's a crucial part of the process. I can't help you if you think nominee = confirmation. Read a book sometime. 

On the other hand I am ok with calling the Obama nominee "Special Nominated Honorary Justice Merrick Garland" if it would ease your pain. 

I'm not against his nomination, I just think he should recuse himself on issues involving the guy who picked him 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'm not against his nomination, I just think he should recuse himself on issues involving the guy who picked him 

But you want a blanket preemptive statement of recusal, before a case gets to the court, before there's even a case.

That's now how the federal court system works.  First you need a case, then the case has to go through all the lower courts, then the case has to be filed with the Supreme Court, then the court has to decide to hear it (which happens in about 1% of filings).  Then there's something to recuse himself from.

Plus...you're demanding a blanket preemptive statement of recusal based on patronage.  Which is even more retarded.  By that argument, Ginsburg should have recused herself from Bush v. Gore.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But you want a blanket preemptive statement of recusal, before a case gets to the court, before there's even a case.

That's now how the federal court system works.  First you need a case, then the case has to go through all the lower courts, then the case has to be filed with the Supreme Court, then the court has to decide to hear it (which happens in about 1% of filings).  Then there's something to recuse himself from.

Plus...you're demanding a blanket preemptive statement of recusal based on patronage.  Which is even more retarded.  By that argument, Ginsburg should have recused herself from Bush v. Gore.

Prog-Fascists don't do reason or facts. They don't even realize they're prog-fascists half the time because: EMOTIONS!

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Prog-Fascists don't do reason or facts. They don't even realize they're prog-fascists half the time because: EMOTIONS!

They also don't do rules or procedure.  They think governance requires the Nietzschiean ubermensch, which is what makes them fascists to begin with.

• Like (+1) 2

Asked if Trump could pardon himself, he wouldn't answer. 

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

They also don't do rules or procedure.  They think governance requires the Nietzschiean ubermensch, which is what makes them fascists to begin with.

Who is them? You got names? 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So Booker violated Senate rules (and possibly federal law) to release documents that show... nothing of substance. 

Were the docs released? I only see other Ds begging for him to do this.

The problem here is that the left has the country is such a frenzy, that you need only find on the outer edges of racism something your great grandfather allegedly scribbled in his high school notebook to get fired from your job and spiraled into bankruptcy. 

I suspect that is the plan with Booker. Release something open to interpretation, stifle the nomination, then run for President.

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Were the docs released? I only see other Ds begging for him to do this.

The problem here is that the left has the country is such a frenzy, that you need only find on the outer edges of racism something your great grandfather allegedly scribbled in his high school notebook to get fired from your job and spiraled into bankruptcy. 

I suspect that is the plan with Booker. Release something open to interpretation, stifle the nomination, then run for President.

They've referenced and quoted several (marked) committee confidential email which is a form of the release and a violation. I haven't seen the documents pop up online but I also haven't looked (just getting started with my day). If I heard right this morning, they're out there now. 

And you're right, it's all about 2020 for Booker (and Harris). They'll be painted as "resistance heroes, sacrificing themselves for the country" but they're just opportunists, blatantly pandering to the far left base to score points for an election that's two years away... consequences be damned. 

(It also serves the purpose of trying to save their own skins, since Harris in particular is gonna find the next few months very uncomfortable)

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(It also serves the purpose of trying to save their own skins, since Harris in particular is gonna find the next few months very uncomfortable)

Can't wait to hear about this. She represents everything the left claims hates about politics: bought and paid for by lobbyists and concerned only about her own self-interests and accolades.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Some did see Obama as a traitor.  And you're complaining his judicial nomination didn't get rubber-stamped by the Senate.

You are so full of ****, you really need help.

I think what he meant was that if he suspected Obama of being a traitor. You'd have to incredibly self-absorbed to have missed the millions of people who thought, and think that Obama was a very bad man and used his authority illegally and immorally. 

41 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They've referenced and quoted several (marked) committee confidential email which is a form of the release and a violation. I haven't seen the documents pop up online but I also haven't looked (just getting started with my day). If I heard right this morning, they're out there now. 

And you're right, it's all about 2020 for Booker (and Harris). They'll be painted as "resistance heroes, sacrificing themselves for the country" but they're just opportunists, blatantly pandering to the far left base to score points for an election that's two years away... consequences be damned. 

Whats up with Kamala?

I did a quick read of the confidential emails and didn't find much objectionable stuff, unless the objectionable stuff is the email subject line "racial profiling"

We're quickly falling off the deep end.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Whats up with Kamala?

I didn't mean to imply that I know something is about to drop on her, I don't. But I do know, and have seen evidence, that she has a lot of skeletons in her closet regarding the issues on the border. I suspect a lot of that evidence will come out post-midterms when the boomerang comes back around and she will quickly be trimmed from the field of presidential candidates.

Right now she's the number one candidate on the left. I don't think that will last.  

2 minutes ago, GG said:

I did a quick read of the confidential emails and didn't find much objectionable stuff, unless the objectionable stuff is the email subject line "racial profiling"

Ditto. It's amazing that Booker took that risk (though I doubt anyone will do anything about it) for so little of a reward. 

Kavanaugh has been very steady and so far hasn't been touched by any of this. It's just noise that they can use to cut into their 2020 ads for the resist crowd. I don't think it's going to work ultimately though... 

32 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Cory Booker
These are the 4 documents marked committee confidential that I brought up in my questioning of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh last night -->

The people who favor some use of race/natl origin obviously do not need to grapple with the interim question. But the people (such as you and I) who
generally favor effective security measures that are race-neutral
in fact DO need to grapple --and grapple now - with the interim question of what
to do before a truly effective and comprehensive race-neutral system is developed and implemented. 

Could someone please explain to me why this is bad? 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The people who favor some use of race/natl origin obviously do not need to grapple with the interim question. But the people (such as you and I) who
generally favor effective security measures that are race-neutral
in fact DO need to grapple --and grapple now - with the interim question of what
to do before a truly effective and comprehensive race-neutral system is developed and implemented. 

Could someone please explain to me why this is bad? 

Because it was written by Kavanaugh. 

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Cory Booker
These are the 4 documents marked committee confidential that I brought up in my questioning of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh last night -->

What a big bag of nothing. Basically he favors a race neutral long term approach to airport security but in the interim he advocates a working solution that keeps al queda  in check.  The Hawaii email was just an opinion on interpretation of existing law and precedence. 

Booker is an asshat and I hope they make an example out of him.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GG said:

Talk about the “Boy Who Cried Wolf.” If everything is racist, how the hell are we supposed to discern what truly is?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Ditto. It's amazing that Booker took that risk (though I doubt anyone will do anything about it) for so little of a reward. 

Kavanaugh has been very steady and so far hasn't been touched by any of this. It's just noise that they can use to cut into their 2020 ads for the resist crowd. I don't think it's going to work ultimately though... 

If I had to make a guess, I'd venture that he's hoping to be bounced from his seat so he can portray himself as a hero of civil rights, run out of the Senate because he's a black man standing against racists.

I suspect, given that he knows what's coming, he was going to be forced to resign anyway, and this gives him the cover he needs.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

If I had to make a guess, I'd venture that he's hoping to be bounced from his seat so he can portray himself as a hero of civil rights, run out of the Senate because he's a black man standing against racists.

I suspect, given that he knows what's coming, he was going to be forced to resign anyway, and this gives him the cover he needs.

I think you're right. These comments from Booker lend support to it as well: 

He's daring them to do something... 

(but they won't)

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I wouldn't say that there's little reward for Booker. He violated the rules for "transparency" and for "the people", but did it in such a way that he isn't going to be subject to much sanction, as it was a big bag of nothing. If they go after him, he plays the 'persecuted hero' card, along with the 'hero of the people' card. He's going to play this up that he is a 'hero' because he broke the rules to help the 'people'.

Somewhat brilliant strategy to move ahead within the Democrat field, with very little actual blowback possible. Especially for such a moron.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

2hcklf.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1