President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Welp, it is happening on Monday. The questions I have are will her attorney (and whoever is instigating this shitshow) is will this woman have enough time to be coached-up to sound rational? Or, will she show up wearing her kitty hat with another "impeach Trump" signed petition?  From what I've seen online about her, it would take waaaaay past the "December" date her attorney originally suggested to make her seem sane, so Monday should be interesting. 

Her testimony is going consist of answering the softball questions from the Democrats about Kavanaugh attempting to rape her, her fear of Kavanaugh, and all of the mental damage he caused her. She will then have convenient memory lapses whenever a GOP senator asks questions about details.

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

I'll do you one better: Consent can be retroactively withdrawn, making the encounter rape after-the-fact.

I'll do you one better: even false rape accusations are true, because women are systematically victimized by rape culture whether they're raped or not.

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I'll do you one better: Consent can be retroactively withdrawn, making the encounter rape after-the-fact.

The first time I heard that I was... ?   How in the world can tinder even exist when every sexual encounter today is "rape" when a woman decides it is (before, during and after)?  I wanna say to some of these women, "You got drunk, you did a loser, own up to it and move on." 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Her testimony is going consist of answering the softball questions from the Democrats about Kavanaugh attempting to rape her, her fear of Kavanaugh, and all of the mental damage he caused her. She will then have convenient memory lapses whenever a GOP senator asks questions about details.

And Feinstein will complain to the media that Senate Republicans are raping her all over again, just like Kavanaugh did 35 years ago.

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

It's unfair and cruel to re-victimize the victims by making them prove that they're actually victims decades after they were victimized. The burden should rest solely on the accused to prove a negative beyond all possible doubt.

Yes, Judge Kavanaugh, do you have a video or at least pictures of you not assaulting the victim?

Reminder to all Democrats:

Feinstein sat on this for months, then slow-rolled it out.

She does not have the accuser's interests at heart, like you're all saying.  Feinstein is not championing women's rights here.  Feinstein's just using the her for political purposes.

• Like (+1) 4

This has a deep state stank to it. He father has deep ties to the agency, and she runs an “internship program at Stanford for students wanting to work for the CIA. 

That should put a stop to this horseshit right fast. 

Feinstein should lose her seat. First she had a Chinese spy working closely with her for over 20 years and now this. She is a pig of the highest order. 

Heres the link to:

The other thread

Edited by Nanker
  • Like (+1) 1

The dishonest Democrats wanna dismiss Keith Ellison’s accuser, but wanna hold Kavanaugh’s feet to the fire over something that did or didn’t happen 750 million years ago.

Hypocrise sure is a tremendous thing in the anti-American Democratic world.

7 hours ago, DC Tom said:

She does not have the accuser's interests at heart, like you're all saying.  Feinstein is not championing women's rights here.  Feinstein's just using the her for political purposes.

Reminder taken. Go Feinstein!!! Merrick Garland was slow rolled for political purposes, too. Eat sh it 

39 minutes ago, Nanker said:

This has a deep state stank to it. He father has deep ties to the agency, and she runs an “internship program at Stanford for students wanting to work for the CIA. 

That should put a stop to this horseshit right fast. 

Feinstein should lose her seat. First she had a Chinese spy working closely with her for over 20 years and now this. She is a pig of the highest order. 

Heres the link to:

The other thread

Is a spy really a spy if the person being spied upon doesn't care about the spying?

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Politicians are political. It was a shrewd political move timed for maximum effect.

if she asked during the hearings, it would not have gotten this much attention. But I believe she hoped for a longer delay, and did not achieve that ultimate goal. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

47 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Politicians are political. It was a shrewd political move timed for maximum effect.

if she asked during the hearings, it would not have gotten this much attention. But I believe she hoped for a longer delay, and did not achieve that ultimate goal. 

Well, the "shrewd" political move may result in a lawsuit of defamation of character lawsuit, and he will still be confirmed. Hope it is worth it to the good Dr. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well, the "shrewd" political move may result in a lawsuit of defamation of character lawsuit, and he will still be confirmed. Hope it is worth it to the good Dr. 

Kavanaugh isn’t suing anyone. Especially if he gets confirmed. She will be elevated to hero status and speak at rallies for the rest of the mid term cycle. No matter how this plays out, the Ds got their win. 

Just now, BeginnersMind said:

Kavanaugh isn’t suing anyone. Especially if he gets confirmed. She will be elevated to hero status and speak at rallies for the rest of the mid term cycle. No matter how this plays out, the Ds got their win. 

Really? That is how you see this? A D "win"? m'kay

I agree that if he is confirmed he will probably not sue her. 

56 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

For someone constantly advocating kindness and a genteel nature on a message board you sure seem to have a lot of excuses and admiration for what Feinstein has done here.  But I've cracked the code as to why.  You're a commie.

Monday is going to be an absolute circus.  Congrats.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Really? That is how you see this? A D "win"? m'kay

I agree that if he is confirmed he will probably not sue her. 

Remember, this crap is from the party of Harry Reid, who when confronted with lies about Mitt Romney defended them with "they worked, didn't they"?

Lucky for the GOP this is a good year for them in the Senate race. But, if they fail to get this over the goal line before mid terms, things get a lot tougher for them. Maybe a lame duck Senate will stuff him or another frat boy on the court, but if they don't Merrick Garland might be the only person who will get the support to move on. 

29 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

For someone constantly advocating kindness and a genteel nature on a message board you sure seem to have a lot of excuses and admiration for what Feinstein has done here.  But I've cracked the code as to why.  You're a commie.

Monday is going to be an absolute circus.  Congrats.

You attribute to me an admiration of Feinstein that I don’t have. An unverified recollection from 30 years ago should not see a public hearing unless there is a lot more evidence, but I see her timing as shrewd and manipulative. She dialed it in like a political operator. Too bad for her, the Rs called her bluff and held the hearing right away without a deawn out  imvestigation. So she got outmanuevered. 

As I noted elsewhere, Trump had a solid political move last night on declassifying info. That was done to counter his headwinds. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

You attribute to me an admiration of Feinstein that I don’t have. An unverified recollection from 30 years ago should be dismissed outright but I see her timing as shrewd and manipulative. She dialed it in like a political operator. 

As I noted elsewhere, Trump had a solid political move last night on declassifying info. That was done to counter his headwinds. 

It was a weak move by a guy who is scared and running out of options. Heck, if he can't even get his judges approved now, the evangelicals might decide he isn't work supporting anymore 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

It was a weak move by a guy who is scared and running out of options. Heck, if he can't even get his judges approved now, the evangelicals might decide he isn't work supporting anymore 

Youre wrong. Trump is a master of changing the dialogue. That’s what his Tweets are all about. The Ds are so dumb that they keep taking his bait. 

But only every time. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

53 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

With their NeverTrump base, yes.

With any moderates that are still around, not so sure about that.  If these accusations are shown to be as non-credible as they initially appear this could very well backfire on them.

And if the accusations are non-credible, then the right has an issue to fire up their base.

21 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Youre wrong. Trump is a master of changing the dialogue. That’s what his Tweets are all about. The Ds are so dumb that they keep taking his bait. 

But only every time. 

He hasn't changed Mueller's course. And Manafort's flipping has left Trump strangely quiet...

59 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

You think this ongoing demonization of men, and the attempt to pathologize normal male sexuality is a political winner?

I mean, maybe Democrats think they can win without carrying men, or women who are the mothers of sons.

Much like the ongoing shouts of racism, this is going to backfire spectacularly; and in the process is going to set the progress of women who actually have been the victims of actual sexual assault.

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He hasn't changed Mueller's course. And Manafort's flipping has left Trump strangely quiet...

I’d be stunned if Mueller found anything on Trump. They found some dirty deeds but nothing directly to Don. It’s some that was wrapped up. 

7 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You think this ongoing demonization of men, and the attempt to pathologize normal male sexuality is a political winner?

I mean, maybe Democrats think they can win without carrying men, or women who are the mothers of sons.

Much like the ongoing shouts of racism, this is going to backfire spectacularly; and in the process is going to set the progress of women who actually have been the victims of actual sexual assault.

People have been saying this since the 80s. Women are still oppressed and fighting back but assaults are better reported and the women are more widely supported then ever. 

There are bad actors to be sure, but the fear of rape accusations is mostly like a fear of sharks. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/17/politics/mark-judge-brett-kavanaugh-high-school/index.html

Oh boy, lol This is Kavanugh's frat boy buddy: 

In 2015, Judge writes in Splice Today about what he calls "damseling," which he describes as "making a woman a passive damsel in distress who needs rescuing."
"Of course, a man must be able to read a woman's signals, and it's a good thing that feminism is teaching young men that no means no and yes means yes. But there's also that ambiguous middle ground, where the woman seems interested and indicates, whether verbally or not, that the man needs to prove himself to her. And if that man is any kind of man, he'll allow himself to feel the awesome power, the wonderful beauty, of uncontrollable male passion," he wrote.

Georgetown Preparatory School yearbook

Attorney Seth Berenzweig, a Virginia-based lawyer who otherwise has no connection to Kavanaugh or the allegations, was given a copy of the high school's 1983 yearbook by an individual who requested anonymity. The yearbook features captions such as "Do these guys beat their wives?" and "Prep parties raise question of legality."
In the yearbook, Judge's page included the quote: "Certain women should be struck regularly, like gongs," citing Sir Noel Coward.
"The person who contacted me wanted to make sure that all information is available to the American people," Berenzweig said.

5 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I’d be stunned if Mueller found anything on Trump. They found some dirty deeds but nothing directly to Don. It’s some that was wrapped up. 

People have been saying this since the 80s. Women are still oppressed and fighting back but assaults are better reported and the women are more widely supported then ever. 

There are bad actors to be sure, but the fear of rape accusations is mostly like a fear of sharks. 

Get ready to be stunned! There is a reason he is obstructing justice, the argument that he is just stupid is, while understandable, not believable to that level. 

6 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Women are not oppressed in the United States in 2018; Third Wave Feminism is a supremacy movement, and has nothing to do with equality.

As to your last sentence, you are incredibly naïve.  What would lead you to believe that there are a greater proportion of bad actors amongst men, willing to rape a woman; then there are bad actors amongst women, willing to make false or grossly exaggerated claims (an unreciprocated attempt of a kiss is not a sexual assault) if it provides them a tangible benefit?

Women are not powerless; quite the contrary, women use the weapons they have been trained in for thousands of years, developed during times when they were oppressed:  guile and deceit.

And to be clear, I'm not saying all women.  I'm talking about the bad actors in the gender, just as you are of the opposite gender.

Just now, DC Tom said:

Working pretty well so far.

It's hitting the wall.

The backlash is already beginning to hurt women in the workplace, as men are becoming less willing to work with them, and is doing so in a way that is already measurable, which is extraordinary given the newness of the #metoo nonsense.

Natural demographics alone work against this as roughly half the population is male, and a sizable portion of the female population are mothers to sons.

It won't be much longer before this is tossed on the scrap heap with "racist".

• Like (+1) 1