President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

6 minutes ago, KRC said:

I expect that there will be a call to delay the Monday hearing so that she can "properly prepare" for it. Sometime close to/after the midterms. You know, because this is too important to rush. Forget that WaPo and DiFi had this information for months. 

I'm hoping for "put up or shut up" and it goes to a vote (it can go right to the floor without a committee vote), but that assumes the Rs have grown a spine. IF they have, that spine would be named Trump. We shall see. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I see you continue to be unwilling to have a dialog. 

I don't have dialogs with passive aggressive !@#$-muppets who lie.

I smash them with hammers.

You're getting a return volley for some nonsense you started, and are now blaming others.

!@#$ you.

Own your words, !@#$-muppet.

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You're getting a return volley for some nonsense you started, and are now blaming others.

!@#$ you.

You're getting mad over a muppet.  Just fyi.

21 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

That's what Feinstein hoped for, but the Rs called the hearing quickly. They will certainly push for a delay. 

WaPo probably didn't run with it because there was nothing verifiable. I swim upstream of the Niagara River here and believe that most journalists TRY to get stories right, and properly discarded this one. WaPo would have loved to run this if there was some "there" there. 

I believe that some try to get the stories correct. Others are trying to make a name for themselves by publishing first, then verifying (and making subtle retractions if at all if they are wrong).

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm hoping for "put up or shut up" and it goes to a vote (it can go right to the floor without a committee vote), but that assumes the Rs have grown a spine. IF they have, that spine would be named Trump. We shall see. 

I agree. However, this close to midterms, spines seem to magically disappear.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

No spine. The likes of Collins, Murkowski, Flake and Corker will slow this down and possibly ultimately vote no.

Edited by keepthefaith

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

!@#$ you.

Someone's triggered. Did you drop your pop-tart this morning?

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

No spine. The likes of Collins, Murkowski, Flake and Corker will slow this down and possibly ultimately vote no.

Flake got his deal with border wall funding - does he get kneecapped by some goon squad if he reneges on his vote?  Collins and Murkowski are definitely a concern, but with the crap Collins has been putting up with, I am hoping she doesn't change her vote. 

28 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

If Grassley has his way, they'll vote next week when(if) she doesn't show Monday.

2 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Yeah, I feel so oppressed, poor white male that I am. Time for me to organize a march: I'm thinking Charlottesville. 

If you're guilty of the behavior you feel badly about, or were guilty of it at one time and have bit grown as a human being thereafter, you have limitations but why bother mentioning it?  You're limited, after all.

If on the other hand, you think it's your obligation to atone for all the bad things that "white men" are responsible for in the world, have at it.

I hear ya. I was at the local high school the other day and caught a couple female teachers coming out of the break room. I showed 'em the many, many mugshots of female teachers arrested for sexual assaults on students. When I was done there I screamed at the white male teachers for the same thing, and reminded them that they are also un-oppressed. They were very receptive, except an English teacher who told me un-oppressed is not actually a word. 

I also tell my wife all the time how frigging sorry should be for all the white women who have killed their husbands for insurance money. She asked me about the white dudes who offed their spouses, which I did not see coming.

It's all very liberating.

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If you're guilty of the behavior you feel badly about, or were guilty of it at one time and have bit grown as a human being thereafter, you have limitations but why bother mentioning it?  You're limited, after all.

If on the other hand, you think it's your obligation to atone for all the bad things that "white men" are responsible for in the world, have at it.

I hear ya. I was at the local high school the other day and caught a couple female teachers coming out of the break room. I showed 'em the many, many mugshots of female teachers arrested for sexual assaults on students. When I was done there I screamed at the white male teachers for the same thing, and reminded them that they are also un-oppressed. They were very receptive, except an English teacher who told me un-oppressed is not actually a word. 

I also tell my wife all the time how frigging sorry should be for all the white women who have killed their husbands for insurance money. She asked me about the white dudes who offed their spouses, which I did not see coming.

It's all very liberating.

Did she by chance ask you how the white women killed their spouses? If so, you might want to hire a food taster and take other precautions.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Did she by chance ask you how the white women killed their spouses? If so, you might want to hire a food taster and take other precautions.

Fair point, but I really trust her judgement. She's thorough, for example, her radiator is leaking in her car and she just bought 7 gallons of anti-freeze. Dealer can't find a problem, they say but she's sure of it. 

How she does it all and still finds time to make soup is beyond me. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

This is a very dangerous position for people to start spouting...

I'm hoping someone comes forward in his feed responses with accusations of assault.

It's an absurdly dangerous position to start espousing, as it seeks to undo the entire liberal legal foundation of innocent until proven guilty.

No, the accuser does not deserve to be believed.

The accused does, because we don't destroy people's lives or imprison them without direct evidence of wrong doing.  Full stop.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

!@#$ you.

What are you even talking about? We're having an adult discussion here, and one that is pretty civil.

You're having some kind of fit. Work it through, brother. Deep breaths. 

Are you the guy who was calling me "Brock?" What does that mean?

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

What are you even talking about? We're having an adult discussion here, and one that is pretty civil.

You're having some kind of fit. Work it through, brother. Deep breaths. 

Tasker has grown increasingly volatile when debating disingenuous morons.  It's a sign of a long career.

9 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Agree, Listen to both sides, and then judge. Right now I don't know much of her side and what little I do would have minimal credibility to overturn a nomination process. 

Just !@#$ off dude. You come across as such a cuckolded douche that it made my sperm count drop in half.

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I was at the local high school the other day and caught a couple female teachers coming out of the break room. I showed 'em the many, many mugshots of female teachers arrested for sexual assaults on students. When I was done there I screamed at the white male teachers for the same thing, and reminded them that they are also un-oppressed. They were very receptive, except an English teacher who told me un-oppressed is not actually a word.

You probably shouldn't have been asking the follow-up question of "Would ya?" in the teacher's lounge.

• Haha (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, KRC said:

Conditions? They should be:

-Show up

-Tell your story

-Answer questions

-Wait for histrionics from Spartacus

-Leave

Pretty simple.

I would add (somewhere between "Show up" and "Tell your story"):

- Swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

This is a very dangerous position for people to start spouting...

"For 250 years we have had Constitutionally protected rights of due process and presumption of innocence.   Enough is enough."

What the !@#$?

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

You would think with Trump and his followers pounding the 'fake news' label over and over and over that people like Cillizza, NYT, etc. try harder not to fall into his trap.

It's funny, because I get to watch these nutbags get called out for their laziness and stupidity, but it's not funny because even it's starting to verify that they truly are an enemy.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LABillzFan said:

You would think with Trump and his followers pounding the 'fake news' label over and over and over that people like Cillizza, NYT, etc. try harder not to fall into his trap.

It's funny, because I get to watch these nutbags get called out for their laziness and stupidity, but it's not funny because even it's starting to verify that they truly are an enemy.

We are at war. Every single one of us. Today, right this moment. It's not a shooting war (yet/hopefully never), but it is an (dis)information war unlike any that's been waged before it. 

The enemy of the people having a say in the process are making themselves loudly known. They're boasting about their goals and aims. It's not their fault, they feel they're entitled to remain in control. It's their birthright. 

But pride always comes before the fall. Gonna be a bumpy fall.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We are at war. Every single one of us. Today, right this moment. It's not a shooting war (yet/hopefully never), but it is an (dis)information war unlike any that's been waged before it. 

The enemy of the people having a say in the process are making themselves loudly known. They're boasting about their goals and aims. It's not their fault, they feel they're entitled to remain in control. It's their birthright. 

Enemies of the state. Enemies of the state. Enemies of the state. Enemies of the state. Enemies of the state. Enemies of the state.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I would add (somewhere between "Show up" and "Tell your story"):

- Swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth

If only we could do that to the Senators in attendance.

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Cillizza is honestly saying that Trump is preventing the FBI from investigating an accusation well past its statute of limitations that isn't in the FBI's jurisdiction, and who has already said that they will not investigate?

What a !@#$ing idiot.

FIFY

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Fair point, but I really trust her judgement. She's thorough, for example, her radiator is leaking in her car and she just bought 7 gallons of anti-freeze. Dealer can't find a problem, they say but she's sure of it. 

How she does it all and still finds time to make soup is beyond me. 

Does it look like split pea soup?

32 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Enemies of the state. Enemies of the state. Enemies of the state. Enemies of the state. Enemies of the state. Enemies of the state.

Just out of curiosity, what do you call blatant like this? He has over 650,000 followers that he is sending this lie to. 

And it's not even a 'kind of a lie.' He's stupid enough to post why it's a lie in his tweet.

What do you call that?

DnZRlKMU0AAnN0e.jpg