Darby trade

gjv001

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Won't change the fact that he abetted a deviant sexual abuser at best.

Come on guys lets not over judge now.  I mean what was it the potus said?  Grab em by the what? 

:)

10 hours ago, CSBill said:

and who was the other thug in that Florida State group that we drafted at running back? . . . Lesson here: character does matter.

What makes him a so called "thug" though? ? I'm certain being black has nothing to do with it. Hey you don't have to be honest with is here but it would do you well to actually examine yourself and be honest to YOU. Not cool man.

• Like (+1) 1

I remember reading he didn’t want to run the zone system McDermott and Frazier implemented, and openly questioned their leadership and process. He was traded shortly after for not getting on board, I believe. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Lucien K said:

I remember reading he didn’t want to run the zone system McDermott and Frazier implemented, and openly questioned their leadership and process. He was traded shortly after for not getting on board, I believe. 

This sounds about right.  Not a process guy, so he got shipped out.

13 hours ago, CSBill said:

and who was the other thug in that Florida State group that we drafted at running back? . . . Lesson here: character does matter.

To be totally fair- as a 5th rounder, I’m not sure karlos was a bad pick. He might even qualify as a good one

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

What makes him a so called "thug" though? ? I'm certain being black has nothing to do with it. Hey you don't have to be honest with is here but it would do you well to actually examine yourself and be honest to YOU. Not cool man.

Unfortunately, you are unlikely to move the needle on this topic here 

14 hours ago, gjv001 said:

I wonder if the Jameis Winston investigation influenced the Bills decision to trade Darby.

https://articles.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/ronald_darby_didnt_buy_into_buffalo_bills_new_administration_says_peter_king.amp

Darby was a pre-Madonna. If he didn’t buy into the system, good riddance. 

21 hours ago, cd1 said:

There is an old adage - "you are who you hang out with"... 

I've been hanging with some rich white guys for the last couple of years, yet somehow I'm still poor and latino. Only now I'm spending way too much on golf. How long do I have to hang with them to become one of them?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

I've been hanging with some rich white guys for the last couple of years, yet somehow I'm still poor and latino. Only now I'm spending way too much on golf. How long do I have to hang with them to become one of them?

Ha Ha Ha

"Poor latino hangs with 3 white guys - how long before the latino is playing golf?" - you are who you hang with...

20 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Won't change the fact that he abetted a deviant sexual abuser at best.

I have no idea what Darby did there, but I will say that I always have had a hard time believing Winston and, in my judgment, the police would have acted much more swiftly and aggressively if JW had not been a member of the team.

Edited by Peter

7 hours ago, Dopey said:

You are white and poor in my book!

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I don't think it played much of a factor. I think Darby being a man to man corner and the new scheme being zone played the biggest factor in deciding to trade him. 

You are probably right, but McD had plenty of time before the trade to size up Darby's intelligence and character and could well have found him lacking in both.  Had that not been he case, perhaps they could have taught him to play the scheme they wanted, no?

8 hours ago, Dopey said:

..un pocquito senor'....

• Thank you (+1) 1