Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

5 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Ummmm huh?

Did you not read where I posted “active roster” and “stick him on the practice squad”?

And yea he’s a 5th rounder but he’s not different than a Cardale Jones or Levi Brown. Easily expendable.

...100% in agreement...sorry for confusion..........all good..........

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Romo was undrafted in 2003.

Can toss him into the "outlier" category with Brady :)

Then we probably have to take every other undrafted FA to go to camp since then to make the entire universe. We can’t just take the successful Romo while excluding the trick shot guy.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

If they try to stick Peterman on the PS, is there really any team that's going to try to sign him to their active roster? Especially after what he's put on film?

Doubtful.  But then again we snatched Brian Brohm off the Cheese's PS.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.Peterman was a 5th.....a damn FIFTH (and NOT 25.4 ounces for you imbibers)...

And it's not 5.6 grams for you weed smokers.

what rounds were Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, and Johnny Unitas taken in?

3 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

Kurt Warner is another example of a outlier who formed a pretty good career , HOF , from 1998-2009

Again, add in all of the undrafted guys from 1998 until this listed started. We spend more time on the 1% that flourished than we do on the 99% that didn’t. A 1 in 100 chance isn’t good. 

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Do you understand what the term "zip" means as it relates to QBs?

It has to do with throwing on a rope, not the high-arching trajectory of a "bomb."

Big difference.

Try again.

And I'm sure you would've acknowledged Peterman as even being capable of completing a 50- yard pass, of any kind, on a rollout a month ago.

I'm certain.

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Again, add in all of the undrafted guys from 1998 until this listed started. We spend more time on the 1% that flourished than we do on the 99% that didn’t. A 1 in 100 chance isn’t good. 

I’m praying to avoid seeing Jim Carrey’s face after that comment. 

12 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

I agree that is not good but my premise and still is that it is not non-existent.

Not at all. That’s why I ask why there is a 56 page thread on a guy that’s 1 out of 100? Of the 102 players drafted between the 5th and 7th Tyrod and Fitz have had the 2 best careers. So basically Peterman would have to be the best of those 102 guys to avoid being hated by half of the fan base. There is a .98% chance of him being better than Tyrod and Fitz. 

11 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

And I'm sure you would've acknowledged Peterman as even being capable of completing a 50- yard pass, of any kind, on a rollout a month ago.

I'm certain.

Did he throw a 50 yard pass even on the play you're citing?

Direct quote from the same article you're quoting:

Peterman shows off the arm

Josh Allen gets all the big headlines when it comes to the deep ball, but Peterman showed he can sling it when he needs to get downfield.

Peterman found Cam Phillips on a rollout bomb in the end zone during 11-on-11 that brought the crowd to life at St. John Fisher.

Where does it say there that he completed a 50 yard pass or, much less, threw a ball that travelled 50 yards in the air?

Are you living in la la land? :doh:

2 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

A.J. Feeley , from the list forged a nice little career as a backup with  the Eagles and Dolphins

Yep, he’s in the tier with Siemian, McCarron, Gradkowski, Anderson and Cassel have all been okay. Even still that is 7 total guys out of 102. That’s a 6.9% chance of even having Bruce Gradkowski’s career. The odds just aren’t good even to be a long-term backup. 

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Josh Allen gets all the big headlines when it comes to the deep ball, but Peterman showed he can sling it when he needs to get downfield.

Peterman found Cam Phillips on a rollout bomb in the end zone during 11-on-11 that brought the crowd to life at St. John Fisher.

Where does it say there that he completed a 50 yard pass or, much less, threw a ball that travelled 50 yards in the air?

Not found in the quote, but I'm assuming they are mentioning the same play in all three reports despite the bottom quote having the session as 11-on-11.

These are all reports from Day 2 and there was only one mention of Peterman throwing a deep pass to Cam Phillips in the end zone that day.

In any case, you would have never accepted the notion that Peterman could drive the football 50 yards downfield a month ago.

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Not found in the quote, but I'm assuming they are mentioning the same play in all three reports despite the bottom quote having the session as 11-on-11.

These are all reports from Day 2 and there was only one mention of Peterman throwing a deep pass to Cam Phillips in the end zone that day.

In any case, you would have never accepted the notion that Peterman could drive the football 50 yards downfield a month ago.

Out of curiosity: Where do you think Peterman sits on the depth chart after four days of TC?

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Then we probably have to take every other undrafted FA to go to camp since then to make the entire universe. We can’t just take the successful Romo while excluding the trick shot guy.

Good idea!

BTW I was just adding to his list, that's two guys who made it... Two... 

I was all for giving Nate a chance, but if he doesn't make the team then he doesn't make the team.

5 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Out of curiosity: Where do you think Peterman sits on the depth chart after four days of TC?

If the coaches are holding to a depth chart versus reps, I'd say he's second on the depth chart behind McCarron.

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

If the coaches are holding to a depth chart versus reps, I'd say he's second on the depth chart behind McCarron.

I think that is correct. But part of that is also I think by design.  They WANT Allen to get a lot of playing time (probably the whole 2nd half) in the 1st pre-season game against 3rd stringers in the hope he has some success and it is a confidence builder.  After that 1st game Allen will be "released" from his position anchored at the 3rd spot and it will then be a depth chart based purely on performance.  Then Peterman will find himself 3rd.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

For some perspective on the likelihood of Peterman developing, here is a list. Since 2001 these are the QBs drafted in the 5th round or later:

- Mike McMahon

- Logan Woodside

The best 3 players on the list are Tyrod, Fitz and McCarron. We always hear “yeah but Tom Brady.” The reality is that is a total outlier. 

This list is great--I've shared it with a few people. I have to laugh that you identify McCarron as in the top 3 on that list though. He hasn't done jack, though he looks like the guy who might be starting week 1. 

Granted, having a pulse for 4 years in the NFL gets you into the top 7 of that list, but at least Trevor Simien was a starter for a time. 

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

This list is great--I've shared it with a few people. I have to laugh that you identify McCarron as in the top 3 on that list though. He hasn't done jack, though he looks like the guy who might be starting week 1. 

Granted, having a pulse for 4 years in the NFL gets you into the top 7 of that list, but at least Trevor Simien was a starter for a time. 

Yeah, I’m comfortable dropping McCarron into the next tier with Siemian and Anderson. There are a handful of guys that can be debated for 3. I think it’s pretty tough to have anyone but Tyrod and Fitz as 1 & 2. It really is a truly awful list of sucktitude. Bruce Gradkowski is unquestionably in the top 10%. It really does provide some perspective as to what we are looking at. 

4 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

What progress is that by chance?

The work he's put in to improve the velocity on his throws from last season, for one.

The media guys attending training camp have acknowledged a legit increase in velocity behind his throws.

1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

The work he's put in to improve the velocity on his throws from last season, for one.

The media guys attending training camp have acknowledged a legit increase in velocity behind his throws under perfect conditions where he has time and can set his feet.

updated for context

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It was said on the radio by one of the bills reporters. Why don't you just give the Nate hate a break for a while and see how the next month goes. You must've cried and threw a fit when Trump got elected....lol...oh I forgot the reporter....may have been Chris brown, clearly said that it was 50yds in the air.

Edited by billsredneck1

Just now, BurpleBull said:

No matter how you want to spin it, it's an increase in velocity that wasn't present last season and acquired through putting in work.

I think you actually "spin" it better than Peterman does under actual game conditions like pressure in his face. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Yes, yes. I'm the one spinning it :lol:

You are clearly the one trying to discredit what Peterman has added to himself through work and repetition.

You're the one adding to quotes for the sake of subtraction.

Not me.

I merely stated a fact...and you apparently don't like it.

2 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

You are clearly the one trying to discredit what Peterman has added to himself through work and repetition.

You're the one adding to quotes for the sake of subtraction.

Not me.

I merely stated a fact...and you apparently don't like it.

you're purposely ignoring the reporting out of sheer ignorance

When Peterman gets his feet set in pocket there is a noticeable difference in zip on the ball from last year. But as he’s rolling out and can’t set-up (throwing on the run) it’s still too late getting there giving DBs opportunities.

— Sal Capaccio ? (@SalSports) July 26, 2018

5 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Are you still predicting that he will be the week one starter? Do you feel there is something you've seen that would indicate he will overtake McCarron, and not be overtaken by Allen?

2 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I want Peterman to be a HOFer or a memorable franchise quarterback more than anyone. My screen name would be legendary. Short of that happening I want to see Josh Allen right away.. and I want wins.

Maybe just lock down the screen name DougAllenThrew5Picks just to be on the safe side.