Something brewing with the Patriots?

It’s such crap. The rumor was started by a caller that called into the Felger and Mazz Sports Show. The media should be ashamed of themselves for taking average Joe’s speculation and furthering it with their own. 

Edited by Commonsense

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who is Adam Kurkiian and why should or should we not believe a thing he says?

Edit: Kurkjian and apparently writes and/or blogs for the Boston Herald.  Possibly son of Tim Kurkjian the baseball pundit?

So he may be a legit media guy with sources and access and stuff - anyone know?

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Regarding Gronk, a soldier can still kill a man with a combat knife or his bare hands, should someone knock the gun out of his hands.  I still like my chances a lot better if the soldier doesn't have the gun.  Saying the Pats can still win without Gronk is akin to saying a soldier can kill without a gun.  Yes, technically true, but a hell of a lot harder to pull off.

8 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so then why the continual worry from their opponents as to "who will cover Gronk"?......fake news?.........

I don't think there is that anymore. As others have said teams have stopped gameplanning specifically around stopping Gronk. Go back to 2012-15 and teams were moving their best man corner into the slot to matchup on Gronk. You almost never see that now. 

Still a good player but not the game wrecker of old. The injuries have caught up with him. 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

IF that were true then Bill would just walk out. I think he got the Jimmy G thing even though he disagreed with it.... but if Brady is now running personnel decisions then Belichick would walk. I have no doubt about that. 

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

IF that were true then Bill would just walk out. I think he got the Jimmy G thing even though he disagreed with it.... but if Brady is now running personnel decisions then Belichick would walk. I have no doubt about that. 

The reason I doubt that he would walk is that he is under contract.  Nobody seems to know the details of Belichick's contract....but imagine he is in the last year.  If he walks, the Patriots still have his rights...if he plays out this season, then he is a free agent and can go to say...the Dolphins and stick it to Kraft twice a year which seems like a very Belichickian move.  I also wonder about McDaniels reneging on a head coaching job....but imagine if Bill told him, I have one year here and then I am out...so if you stay you will be in place to take over.  It's rampant speculation, but I have been wondering if Belichick is out after this year.

19 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

They won the Super Bowl without Gronk.

Enough with the Gronk worshipping. Could be the single most overrated player in my lifetime.

This could be one of the most ridiculous takes in the history of TSW.  Please explain how the  hands down best player of all time at his position is also the most overrated player in your lifetime.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 hours ago, COBillsBacker said:

Here's the breaking news that the reddit user posted about an hour ago

If this is true...that guy puts the ass and hole in !@#$. Loser. A product of the social media all about me generation. A pox on sports humanity and sports reporting to the highest order. A guy that should be outed and then beat down in the back alley every time he tries to step foot into a bar to have a beer.

I rank him even below people calling in swatting pranks or bomb scares. !@#$ him and all who aspire to copycat him now.

Edited by cba fan

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Still a good player but not the game wrecker of old. The injuries have caught up with him. 

I have seen zero evidence of this.  The opposite, actually.