Kaepernick's legal team to subpoena Trump in case against NFL

If you thought the 2017 war with Trump and the flag and SJW stuff was out of control. Wait until this hits the fan. It’s about to get even crazier. Buckle Up its about to get real wild. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-colin-kaepernicks-legal-team-expected-subpoena-president-trump-case-nfl-115914523.html

Edited by Thurmanator 12074
  • Like (+1) 1

I cant see how kaepernick can win this law suit. Billionaire owners and a league full of the top lawyers in the USA. 

If you were an owner of a business would you hire someone who is suing you and your business partners????

Edited by wppete

6 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Whatever happened to CK accepting the consequences that came as a result of his demonstrations?

I guess he realized being a social agitator isn't as much fun if you don't have someone else funding you with millions of dollars.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

There's a long line of citizens who wish to depose Trump. 

Kaeperniok's is the only really bogus request.  Who on earth is NOT currently familiar with Trump's policy towards the anthem protest?  And why would it matter what he said to various owners regarding his feelings on this?

This ultimately is a futile exercise for Kaep and his dream team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Tired of the whole anthem thing.

Nobody else in this country has the right to demonstrate/protest on company time.

Nobody else in this country could expect to keep their job when they purposely p**s-off a large chunk of the company's customers.

Guys like Colin Kaepernick and Malcolm Jenkins don't even realize it.  But ridiculous antics like this are one of the primary reasons Donald Trump won the election in the first place, and why he will probably get re-elected in 2020. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Tired of the whole anthem thing.

Nobody else in this country has the right to demonstrate/protest on company time.

Nobody else in this country could expect to keep their job when they purposely p**s-off a large chunk of the company's customers.

Guys like Colin Kaepernick and Malcolm Jenkins don't even realize it.  But ridiculous antics like this are one of the primary reasons Donald Trump won the election in the first place, and why he will probably get re-elected in 2020. 

I don’t understand how ANYBODY can’t grasp this.  Everything happened at the players’ place of employment. 

Case closed.

I guess people don’t need facts anymore. 

Using your brain is apparently no longer P.C.

• Like (+1) 10

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Grandstanding so ridiculous it could only be matched by Trump himself!

Fighting fire with fire is something.

56 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Whatever happened to CK accepting the consequences that came as a result of his demonstrations?

I'm pretty sure CK said he'd stop kneeling if someone would hire him.

I remember when Gandhi said he'd eat a Union Jack cake if Great Britain supplied him one.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 1

If I had to make a prediction, I bet Krapondick wins his case because the NFL didn't follow protocol to discipline him. Because they didn't give him a warning, or disciple required by the rules, he has a more than favorable chance to come out on top with this lawsuit. Such a shame that the owners/Goodell are more interested in fake Social Justice and an agenda, than they are with their brand's success. This is a perfect example of how to make the absolute wrong move every step of the way as a Commissioner/League. Hopefully, when the dust settle, they can take these asinine politics out of football, and make it all about entertainment again. Too bad Starwars didn't learn from the NFL, and bombed their last Soyboy-Solo Movie... You can make a great product without upsetting half your audience.

8 minutes ago, Bruce_Stools said:

I don’t understand how ANYBODY can’t grasp this.  Everything happened at the players’ place of employment. 

Case closed.

I guess people don’t need facts anymore. 

Using your brain is apparently no longer P.C.

True, but you can't say that without acknowledging pro athletes are nothing like normal employees. We are easily replaceable, a top athlete in his prime isn't. 

6 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I remember when Gandhi said he'd eat a Union Jack cake if Great Britain supplied him one.

How old ARE you?

Just now, elroy16 said:

True, but you can't say that without acknowledging pro athletes are nothing like normal employees. We are easily replaceable, a top athlete in his prime isn't. 

Happens all the time--especially in the NFL.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, elroy16 said:

Ok, I acknowledge they are whiny rich idiots that don’t follow the rules at work and deserve to be fired or reprimanded.

In all seriousness though, sure, I’ll agree they are not easily replaceable, but isn’t that a moot point?  They are still on the job are they not?  If you asked me to agree that buffalo pizza is better than Chicago style, sure I will, but what does that have to do with the players doing the wrong thing on the clock.

Cut and dry, no?

23 minutes ago, Bruce_Stools said:

Not trying to be a troll, but honest question: what if the stadium/place of employment belongs to the city/county, and not the owner?

5 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

If I had to make a prediction, I bet Krapondick wins his case because the NFL didn't follow protocol to discipline him. Because they didn't give him a warning, or disciple required by the rules, he has a more than favorable chance to come out on top with this lawsuit. Such a shame that the owners/Goodell are more interested in fake Social Justice and an agenda, than they are with their brand's success. This is a perfect example of how to make the absolute wrong move every step of the way as a Commissioner/League. Hopefully, when the dust settle, they can take these asinine politics out of football, and make it all about entertainment again. Too bad Starwars didn't learn from the NFL, and bombed their last Soyboy-Solo Movie... You can make a great product without upsetting half your audience.

The NFL didn't discipline him.

Kaepernick actually opted out of his contract, so that he could become a Free Agent. 

The league didn't suspend him.  The league didn't fine him.  Owners just didn't want to sign him.

Again.  He has nobody to blame but himself. 

Even Hall of Fame players like Terrell Owens and Randy Moss eventually ran out of interested teams, because they were too big of a distraction/headache to compensate for their talent.  Kaepernick brings the baggage, but without the high level of play.  Nobody was going to deal with this kind of media frenzy for a backup QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Kaep clearly was.

I wouldn't call him a top athlete, but that could turn into 20 pages just like every Tyrod thread.

49ers are still keeping Foster around. They kept Aldon Smith around for a while after he got in trouble a bunch of times. The Ravens kept Ray Rice around for a while after his incident.

There are countless examples in sports. Athletes and regular joe employees are not the same, that was my point, nothing more, nothing less. 

Edited by elroy16

10 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Im gonna dig in on this one a little more while it’s right in front of me.

In your opinion is Harvey Weinstein easily replaceable?  Does that mean he should be above all rules and laws???

I don’t think so, but hey that’s just one opinion

2 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Not trying to be a troll, but honest question: what if the stadium/place of employment belongs to the city/county, and not the owner?

The venue should not matter.  He is on the clock and an employee of the nfl.

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Sure but the NFL has a contract with their players which forbids collusion to deny employment. If you support the NFL's right to set and maintain their own anthem policy, surely you support Kaepernick's right to file suit when they breach their contract. Unless there's something else you're angry about?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

I wouldn't call him a top athlete, but that could turn into 20 pages just like every Tyrod thread.

49ers are still keeping Foster around. They kept Aldon Smith around for a while after he got in trouble a bunch of times. The Ravens kept Ray Rice around for a while after his incident.

There are countless examples in sports. Athletes and regular joe employees are not the same, that was my point, nothing more, nothing less. 

That's the point though. His grievance is for collusion, which would mean that more than 1 team entered an agreed upon pact to not sign him. Reality is that he simply isn't good enough to be worth the headache that comes with him.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Sure but the NFL has a contract with their players which forbids collusion to deny employment. If you support the NFL's right to set and maintain their own anthem policy, surely you support Kaepernick's right to file suit when they breach their contract. Unless there's something else you're angry about?

Best of luck proving it.

Just now, Bruce_Stools said:

Im gonna dig in on this one a little more while it’s right in front of me.

In your opinion is Harvey Weinstein easily replaceable?  Does that mean he should be above all rules and laws???

I don’t think so, but hey that’s just one opinion

Weinstein was a top executive at an extremely lucrative company that made a ton of people very wealthy (just like pro athletes). 

I don't know if he's easily replaceable or not, I'm going to guess no. 

I never said I thought Kaep was above the law or rules. You guys are twisting what I said into all sorts of other ****. 

2 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Why would that make a difference?

I am a salesman, traveling from business to business.  For my job, I spend 99% of my job outside of the office.

My company still expects me to be on-time every day, gives me a dress code and tells me how to act while representing them.

If I don't live up to those standards, they have the right to fire me.

When you are employed, your boss makes the rules. 

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Everyone has the right to waste their time, sure.

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

What ever happened to CK accepting the consequences of his onfield play taking a complete nosedive?

Edited by FappyTheClown

8 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Best of luck proving it.

Collusion is not easy to prove but it is certainly possible. Last week Kaepernick's lawyers said they have a witness who is willing to testify that the NFL colluded to keep Kaepernick unsigned. This is going to go on for a while and I wouldn't jump to conclusions in either direction.

8 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Then the owner has a lease that gives him exclusive use of the facility during the game.   No one has the right to demand a Columbus Day parade on the sideline either.

20 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

That's argument doesn't hold water.  What about the thousands of guys who were good enough to go to training camp?   The incremental difference between the 53d guy on a roster and any of them is tiny. 

26 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

So black guys being shot by cops is not as much of a problem if someone is paying Kapernick millions of dollars?   He's a real modern day Ali.

Once again, Kaepernick is free to protest all he likes, but his employer is fully within their rights to limit what happens on company time and on company property.   And no, the fact that one can play football does not mean he should be guaranteed a paying job doing so any more than an accountant should be guaranteed a job with the Big 4 firms just because he used to work at one of them.

2 hours ago, wppete said:

I cant see how kaepernick can win this law suit. Billionaire owners and a league full of the top lawyers in the USA. 

If you were an owner of a business would you hire someone who is suing you and your business partners????

Sorry, that's not how it works.  First of all, it's not a lawsuit.  It's a grievance/arbitration.  And Kaepernick brought the grievance only after the League (allegedly) blackballed him.  Kaepernick has a highly competent legal team and big companies with lots of money lose legal proceedings all the time.

Edited by mannc

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

That's argument doesn't hold water.  What about the thousands of guys who were good enough to go to training camp?   The incremental difference between the 53d guy on a roster and any of them is tiny. 

Then why do teams keep players around that get suspended? Why don't the Pats cut Edelmen who's about to miss a fourth of the season? Why don't the 49ers cut Foster? Why don't the Bengals cut Burfict?

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

But where is the evidence this happened?

Do you really think the NFL owners called around and told each other - "Hey, let's show that Kaepernick guy and make sure none of us sign him!"

There are thousands of other NFL players who kneeled for the anthem and still have jobs. 

Like I said.  In terms of other NFL Quarterbacks, Kaepernick had played himself into a backup role (at best).  His decision/actions caused a ruckus across the country, and enraged thousands of fans.  Nobody was going to deal with that headache for a guy holding a clipboard. 

Nobody forced Kaepernick to kneel.  Nobody forced Kaepernick to make his statement about "refusing to respect" this country.  Those were his own decisions, and he should take the consequences like a man.  But instead, he's choosing to play the victim.

21 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

That's the point though. His grievance is for collusion, which would mean that more than 1 team entered an agreed upon pact to not sign him. Reality is that he simply isn't good enough to be worth the headache that comes with him.

Best of luck proving it.

I'm not intimately familiar with Kaepernick's grievance, but from what I have heard, I believe he has a strong case.  If leaked reports are accurate, there is some damning evidence against the owners.  The mere fact that he wasn't offered a contract is not enough, but it is my understanding that there are emails, texts, and other evidence that suggest he was blackballed.  Not that hard to prove, in this day and age.