California (again)

WHAT’S IN STORE FOR CALIFORNIA?:  

A radical race agenda, that’s what.  The California Senate has now passed a bill establishing a slave reparations task force.  

Meanwhile, it has also approved a bill that requires race/sexual orientation quotas for corporate boards of directors. A somewhat different version of the corporate board bill has already passed the Assembly, so it’s unlikely they will balk this time around.  

And, of course, the Legislature has already passed a bill asking voters to rip up the state constitution’s prohibition on discrimination and preferential treatment on the basis of race or sex.  It’s all so breathtaking.  Sorry I don’t have time to write more …

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So... they won a great victory by getting an injunction on a subject that the UC system was getting rid of anyhow?

Well, at least California is getting rid of its anti-discrimination laws, so there's that.

8 hours ago, Wacka said:

How soon until  CA is empty?

Looks like they're trying to keep as many Dems  and Hollywood types as possible. Why not give them a free pass to have sex with minors as long as the minor consents?

So to recap. Minors can't vote. Minors can't buy a gun. Minors can't drive. But keep it reasonable and it's okay to have sex with them as long as you consent within 10 years of the minor.

So if you're 21, and your 12-year-old same-sex minor consents to sex, it's all good.

That's how you keep Hollywood from leaving Hollywood.

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Looks like they're trying to keep as many Dems  and Hollywood types as possible. Why not give them a free pass to have sex with minors as long as the minor consents?

So to recap. Minors can't vote. Minors can't buy a gun. Minors can't drive. But keep it reasonable and it's okay to have sex with them as long as you consent within 10 years of the minor.

So if you're 21, and your 12-year-old same-sex minor consents to sex, it's all good.

That's how you keep Hollywood from leaving Hollywood.

So just to paint the picture, there is a range of ages where this applies:

Adult           Minor

Low end -     21                11

High end -    30                20

Or wait, is an adult 18? Then it would be:

Adult           Minor

Low end -     18                8

High end -    27                17

I bet you can see all the Californians doing the math as they walk around today.

Math Lady / Confused Lady | Know Your Meme

10 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

So just to paint the picture, there is a range of ages where this applies:

Adult           Minor

Low end -     21                11

High end -    30                20

Or wait, is an adult 18? Then it would be:

Adult           Minor

Low end -     18                8

High end -    27                17

I bet you can see all the Californians doing the math as they walk around today.

Math Lady / Confused Lady | Know Your Meme

I could understand within like 3 years, a hs senior dating a freshman and then they continue to age. But 10 years is wild. You're talking about a PhD candidate and a HS senior on the high end. You're talking about a college freshman and a 3rd grader on the low end...

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I could understand within like 3 years, a hs senior dating a freshman and then they continue to age. But 10 years is wild. You're talking about a PhD candidate and a HS senior on the high end. You're talking about a college freshman and a 3rd grader on the low end...

Right, that high school 3-4 year window is a tough one to judge.  I'm just not sure who thought 10 years was the correct number to use, weird.

On 9/4/2020 at 8:59 PM, B-Man said:

That has always been my concern.  How current are the residential records?  How many people in the US are on record residing in more than one state?  What if I lived in CA in January of this year and moved to FL in June and have my CA mail

forwarded?  Do I get two legal ballots? 

37 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

That has always been my concern.  How current are the residential records?  How many people in the US are on record residing in more than one state?  What if I lived in CA in January of this year and moved to FL in June and have my CA mail

forwarded?  Do I get two legal ballots? 

Jimmy Griffin's brother (he was parks commissioner) got in trouble for that.Voted in Buffalo and Florida.

Edited by Wacka

RULES ARE FOR THE LITTLE PEOPLE: San Francisco gym owners livid after discovering gyms in government buildings have been opened for months.

Gyms within government buildings in San Francisco have been open for months, despite privately owned establishments being ordered to close due to the coronavirus.

“It’s shocking, it’s infuriating,” Daniele Rabkin, of Crossfit Golden Gate, told a local NBC station. “Even though they’re getting exposed, there are no repercussions, no ramifications? It’s shocking.”

The gyms that have been open for government employees include those for police officers, judges, lawyers, bailiffs, and paralegals, according to the report. One such gym, the Hall of Justice gym, has been open since July 1.

“It just demonstrates that there seems to be some kind of a double standard between what city employees are allowed to do and what the residents of San Francisco are allowed to do,” Dave Karraker, owner of MX3 Fitness in the Castro, said.

Titles of Nobility at work. I thought the Constitution banned those. . . .

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I live 8 miles north of the GGB.  At 10am it looked like the middle of a foggy night.

But the air was fine...the marine layer was trapped between the ground and the smoke higher up so it stayed dark and cool all day.  Nice respite after the triple digit temps over the weekend.

7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I live 8 miles north of the GGB.  At 10am it looked like the middle of a foggy night.

But the air was fine...the marine layer was trapped between the ground and the smoke higher up so it stayed dark and cool all day.  Nice respite after the triple digit temps over the weekend.

I remember there were fires 15 or so years ago in the San Bernardino Mts. I could look at the sun with binoculars and see sunspots. Fricken cool 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I was in SF last fall during the air advisory from the fires. We're getting hammered here in the Willamette Valley (Oregon) right now. Entire towns have been destroyed in the mountains. It's been apocalyptic here too. 
Air quality now the interior of my house is getting worse. The bar on the coast I frequent to watch the Bill's is in an evacuated area. I cant wait till 2020 is over.
We need marine air. The east wind has fanned these flames.

E wind.jpg

Edited by Uncle Joe

7 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

I was in SF last fall during the air advisory from the fires. We're getting hammered here in the Willamette Valley (Oregon) right now. Entire towns have been destroyed in the mountains. It's been apocalyptic here too. 
Air quality now the interior of my house is getting worse. The bar on the coast I frequent to watch the Bill's is in an evacuated area. I cant wait till 2020 is over.
We need marine air. The east wind has fanned these flames.

Sounds bad up there....stay safe.   Last year was horrible.....we had to escape the smoke so went up to Tahoe and drove right through a scene near Sacramento that made today look like nothing.

Smoke here has not been bad at all, only two days a couple weeks ago we had to keep everything shut.

• Thank you (+1) 1