California (again)

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yet Gruesome Newsome, the former SF mayor (what does THAT tell you), said the Feds have a "moral obligation to the American people" to help out individual states.....he's the poster boy for irresponsible fiscal mismanagement......and how many MILLIONS of Cali taxpayer dollars did he just commit to help ILLEGAL immigrants?.....BOTH sets of my late grandparents came through Ellis Island LEGALLY and didn't get a nickel......

why would they want help from the racist, incompetent federal government, anyway?

• Like (+1) 2

Mortality in the United States varies widely by state (1). This report compares average age-adjusted death rates by sex, race and ethnicity, and five leading causes of death between a group of five states with the highest age-adjusted death rates (Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and West Virginia) and a group of five states with the lowest age-adjusted death rates (California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Minnesota, and New York) in 2017 (2). Age-specific death rates for the two groups are presented as well.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db350.htm

I would have to guess that education are a major factor here. People that know better take care of themselves better 

THE CALIFORNIA LEGISLATURE’S EFFORT TO BRING BACK RACE AND SEX PREFERENCES: 

John Fund believes the Cal legislature’s effort to engineer the repeal of Proposition 209 may be a strategic blunder for Democrats.

Unusually high numbers of Asian Americans are neither Republicans nor Democrats. In California, about 40 percent are independents — the classic swing voter. In 2018, their swing to the Democrats was behind the party’s narrow capture of several ancestrally Republican House seats in Orange and Los Angeles Counties.

But they can swing back, as the special-election victory by Republican Mike Garcia for a vacant House seat in Los Angeles proved this month. Garcia won a ten-point victory, including a majority of independents.

Already Asian-American grassroots organizations are planning anti-ACA-5 town halls across the state (via Zoom).

It’s funny.  Most (though not all) of the national organizations that claim to represent Asian Americans are against us.  But they are usually funded by foundations, not by members.  Actual Asian Americans are opposing ACA-5 with a passion.  It really exposes the gap between the elites of the identity politics world and the people they purport to represent.

Read the whole thing.

...but, BUT Gruesome Newsome says the Feds "have a moral obligation to the US citizens of California" to provide him with the requested $60+ billion bailout......think he meant IMMORAL to cover for his gross fiscal irresponsibility and MIS-management......looks like his SF Mayoral leadership (COUGH) left him ill-prepared....

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...but, BUT Gruesome Newsome says the Feds "have a moral obligation to the US citizens of California" to provide him with the requested $60+ billion bailout......think he meant IMMORAL to cover for his gross fiscal irresponsibility and MIS-management......looks like his SF Mayoral leadership (COUGH) left him ill-prepared....

I'd say we have the 'moral obligation' to let California figure out how to stop their rampant corruption, foolish political handouts, idiotic salaries for redundant patronage jobs, ridiculous pensions, and live within their means.

16 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I'd say we have the 'moral obligation' to let California figure out how to stop their rampant corruption, foolish political handouts, idiotic salaries for redundant patronage jobs, ridiculous pensions, and live within their means.

...and so why do you focus on such minute details of responsible governance?......aren't you nitpicking??.........

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and so why do you focus on such minute details of responsible governance?......aren't you nitpicking??.........

Yes. I'm probably also racist and abunchaphobic with my comment about the state taking responsibility for its own mess.

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Yes. I'm probably also racist and abunchaphobic with my comment about the state taking responsibility for its own mess.

...yes, a blacklisted racist Arcade NY attorney does take some doing........congratulations!.....:D

18 hours ago, B-Man said:

Why I like living in OC

“My department is being put in the middle of some strife that occurs throughout the community — in positions that are not consistent with the First Amendment. We are not the mask police, nor do I intend to be the mask police.”

Can I get my ***** hair cut now?  

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

:lol: I am certain they will comply...

I saw this on the news this morning.  It makes sense and shouldn't be too difficult for them. It's not like they have jobs or anything to go to.  

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Meanwhile....local social media is aghast that groups of mothers and children are putting all our lives at risk by playing in the parks.

Are you still on "lock down" up there?

I have a client who told me she's likely not going back to work until after labor day.   WTF is THAT noise?? 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Are you still on "lock down" up there?

I have a client who told me she's likely not going back to work until after labor day.   WTF is THAT noise?? 

Kinda....but people are getting out a lot more.  Restaurants with outdoor seating are open so it was nice to go out for dinner on one of the hot days last week.

Lots of older Karens up here in Marin so they are all in hysterics (not at the protesters of course), even though we're still sitting on something like 14 deaths out of 250k people.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Kinda....but people are getting out a lot more.  Restaurants with outdoor seating are open so it was nice to go out for dinner on one of the hot days last week.

Lots of older Karens up here in Marin so they are all in hysterics (not at the protesters of course), even though we're still sitting on something like 14 deaths out of 250k people.

I couldn't handle that *****.  Restaurants are open for inside dining now.  We have reservations for a place this Saturday.  Should be interesting.  Oh and I'm also seeing more and more people without masks at the grocery store.  They wear them to get in but get rid of them when they are inside the walls.  

So Pretty Boy Newsom was going to look into what’s behind our expensive gas last April. 

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-newsom-california-high-gas-prices-20190423-story.html?_amp=true

He thinks we forgot about his looking into it for us back then and he looked into it (again)

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-10-21/gavin-newsom-california-high-gas-prices-should-be-investigated?_amp=true

I’ve seen no report regarding his findings. He thinks we’ve forgotten.  I have not. I think he’s not told us what he found because we’d not like what he discovered.  Hey Gavin!  I think my investigation has uncovered what may be behind it. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-14/california-gas-tax-increase-coronavirus-recession?_amp=true

And I’ve heard of no one calling him out on it. ?

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

So Pretty Boy Newsom was going to look into what’s behind our expensive gas last April. 

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-newsom-california-high-gas-prices-20190423-story.html?_amp=true

He thinks we forgot about his looking into it for us back then and he looked into it (again)

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-10-21/gavin-newsom-california-high-gas-prices-should-be-investigated?_amp=true

I’ve seen no report regarding his findings. He thinks we’ve forgotten.  I have not. I think he’s not told us what he found because we’d not like what he discovered.  Hey Gavin!  I think my investigation has uncovered what may be behind it. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-14/california-gas-tax-increase-coronavirus-recession?_amp=true

And I’ve heard of no one calling him out on it. ?

How was the dining experience on  Saturday?  I was catching up and saw that you had plans--was it tough to eat through the mask?  Did you order a nice merlot and end up looking like The Joker?  

Seriously--any static walking in or out from protestors? 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

How was the dining experience on  Saturday?  I was catching up and saw that you had plans--was it tough to eat through the mask?  Did you order a nice merlot and end up looking like The Joker?  

Seriously--any static walking in or out from protestors? 

Dinner was wonderful!  No masks worn on the way in or out.  Wife left hers in her purse and mine in my pocket. We could have left them in the car. Wife and a martini and I had a Pellegrino.  No wine for me. 

I live in South Orange County.  We don't have protesters.  We're adults here.  

• Haha (+1) 1