California (again)

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This use to be (supposedly) a free country.

The IDEA was to PREVENT HOSPITAL OVERLOAD..............not give the state absolute power. !!

GAVIN NEWSOM MORPHED INTO KIM JONG UN SO QUICKLY, EVERYBODY NOTICED: 

Gov. Newsom will Allow Californians to Watch Sunsets.

“We want you to see sunsets,” he told SFGate.com. “We want you to enjoy activities outdoors. What they don’t want is people congregating outside in large groups.”

How incredibly kind and generous of California’s dear leader.

Ya outdoor the sun gives vitamin D really helps out (plus many others things help out). What still worried looking every place and video blood clots, all over body. But later i'll post in other thread later more info. But ya the sun vitamin D really need this vs this virus.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

SOYLENT GREEEN WAS A WARNING, NOT A HOW-TO GUIDE FOR LIFE IN THE 21st CENTURY: 

California city official says COVID-19 should be allowed to ‘fix’ society by culling elderly, weak and homeless.

In sharp contrast: Rural California County Hums Back To Life, Defying Order: 

The lights are back on at restaurants, bars and other businesses in California’s Modoc County after nearly six weeks.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

Just took a drive to Palm Springs to visit our rental property. It’s about a 200 mile round trip. The number of shopping malls along the drive with empty parking lots and no cars parked on normally busy Saturday afternoon streets was very surreal. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Just took a drive to Palm Springs to visit our rental property. It’s about a 200 mile round trip. The number of shopping malls along the drive with empty parking lots and no cars parked on normally busy Saturday afternoon streets was very surreal. 

I live in the downtown area of Montreal. Normally a Saturday night would be lively but it’s been death for 7 weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1

....what more can one say?...SMH.....

California man arrested 3 times in a day, given citations and released due coronavirus restrictions

By Travis Fedschun | Fox News

A man in California was arrested three times over the course of 12 hours on Wednesday -- including for allegedly leading officers on a pursuit -- and was only given citations and released each time due to the statewide zero-bail policy amid the coronavirus outbreak, according to officials.

The Glendora Police Department said Friday on Facebook that 24-year-old Dijon Landrum from Monterey Park racked up three citations between 8:28 a.m. and 8:50 p.m. on Wednesday after three incidents in the city located about 23 miles east of Los Angeles.

"We want to thank all of the citizens that helped with this investigation, particularly those that called when they noticed something suspicious," police said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-coronavirus-zero-bail-policy-arrest-glendora-police-covid-jail

Orange County DA 'outraged' after commissioner releases 7 dangerous sex offenders due to COVID-19 restrictions

By Julia Musto | Fox News

Orange County, Calif. District Attorney Todd Spitzer stated Saturday that he is "outraged" after the state ordered the release of seven high-risk sex offenders from the county's jails over concerns they could contract coronavirus.

Appearing on "Fox & Friends Weekend" with host Jason Chaffetz, Spitzer said that the issue at hand is not just in Orange County or California, but "is a ruse that has been pulled on the American public, on jails and custodial facilities all over the nation."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/orange-county-district-attorney-outraged-seven-sex-offenders-released

Sex offender, sprung from California jail due to coronavirus, arrested for indecent exposure

By Robert Gearty | Fox News

A California sex offender released from jail early due to the coronavirus crisis had been charged with exposing himself at a parole resource center, according to a report.

Rudy William Grajeda Magdaleno, 39, was released from jail under a court orderon April 13 after serving 71 days of a 180-day minimum sentence, Fox 11 Los Angeles reported Friday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/sex-offender-sprung-from-california-jail-on-coronavirus-release-arrested-for-indecent-exposure

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

This use to be (supposedly) a free country.

The IDEA was to PREVENT HOSPITAL OVERLOAD..............not give the state absolute power. !!

I'm waiting for the histrionics that will happen by morons who don't understand what 'flatten the curve' meant, when there's a second wave of COVID due to the re-openings.

13 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I'm waiting for the histrionics that will happen by morons who don't understand what 'flatten the curve' meant, when there's a second wave of COVID due to the re-openings.

...so how do we logically, realistically or accurately determine if increased cases are directly related to premature openings OR increased testing revealing more cases, whether asymptotic or not?....think perhaps the MSM will "report(COUGH)" premature re-openings due to TDS?...naw, not a chance......in today's climate, we'll NEVER know the truth.........

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so how do we logically, realistically or accurately determine if increased cases are directly related to premature openings OR increased testing revealing more cases, whether asymptotic or not?....think perhaps the MSM will "report(COUGH)" premature re-openings due to TDS?...naw, not a chance......in today's climate, we'll NEVER know the truth.........

The actual accurate barometer will be deaths/hospitalizations.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

The actual accurate barometer will be deaths/hospitalizations.

...according to CDC, the 1018-2019 US flu season yielded 35 million infections, 810,000 hospitalizations and 61, 000 deaths...help me understand how and why we reconcile those numbers to the Covid-19 pandemic, which I am NOT discounting , comparing, dimissing or DIMINISHING byt any means..the "flu season" has become an accepted phenomenon whereas Covid-19 is brand new on the horizon.....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

“Yeah, I understand that he wants everyone to stay at home so they don’t spread the corona, but he should know that I want him to kiss my ass,” Huntington Beach resident Jimmy DeLong said between hits from the bong.

Bob?  Is that you?

Two more California counties to reopen economies despite Newsom's stay-at-home order

by Emma Colton

Original Article

An additional two counties in California are reopening their local economies despite Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom’s statewide stay-at-home order. Modoc County in California announced last week that all businesses and churches might reopen, but people must keep a 6-foot distance from each other. Yuba and Sutter counties are now joining Modoc in reopening despite Newsom’s stay-at-home order that is still in effect. “We cannot wait for a vaccine without seeing extreme economic damage done to our community. The consequences of waiting will be additional health concerns brought on by stress and the very real dilemma for those with limited resources whether to buy life-saving food or life-saving medicines,”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

….Stalag 17 and Governor Klink...….SMH...……...

LA city council votes to name hotels that refuse to house homeless, may 'commandeer' them

By Brie Stimson | Fox News

The Los Angeles City Council Wednesday voted to identify hotels refusing to take in the homeless during the coronavirus pandemic and said they could possibly be “commandeered.”

Only 1,582 people have been placed in hotels, far short of the city’s goal of housing 15,000, FOX 11 in Los Angeles reported.

"Each hotel brings new hope, each room could save a life," Mayor Eric Garcetti said of Project Roomkey, according to KABC-TV.

“If hotels are making a distinction among people classifying housed and unhoused differently in terms of accommodations that they’re going to be repaid for, that the city and county will pay for with reimbursements, then I think there’s a potential civil rights violation,” Councilman Mike Bonin said. “If the problems are on the hotel end, the public should know why, and then we should consider commandeering as they’ve talked about in other cities.”

The council also plans to investigate if hotels refusing to house homeless have received tax breaks from the city recently.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/la-city-council-votes-to-name-hotels-that-refuse-to-house-homeless-may-commandeer-them

• Sad 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

LA city council votes to name hotels that refuse to house homeless, may 'commandeer' them

This is really disturbing. There was a time when I would have argued that "this" would be the final straw for businesses in CA. 

But not any more. I'm convinced more than ever that most people and companies in LA are Ned Beatty and the City of LA is sitting in a swing, picking a banjo, thinking about how perty their mouth looks.

Relive The Iconic Dueling Banjo Scene From 'Deliverance' | Country ...

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

The Los Angeles City Council Wednesday voted to identify hotels refusing to take in the homeless during the coronavirus pandemic and said they could possibly be “commandeered.”

Only 1,582 people have been placed in hotels, far short of the city’s goal of housing 15,000, FOX 11 in Los Angeles reported.

"Each hotel brings new hope, each room could save a life," Mayor Eric Garcetti said of Project Roomkey, according to KABC-TV.

“If hotels are making a distinction among people classifying housed and unhoused differently in terms of accommodations that they’re going to be repaid for, that the city and county will pay for with reimbursements, then I think there’s a potential civil rights violation,” Councilman Mike Bonin said. “If the problems are on the hotel end, the public should know why, and then we should consider commandeering as they’ve talked about in other cities.”

The council also plans to investigate if hotels refusing to house homeless have received tax breaks from the city recently.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/la-city-council-votes-to-name-hotels-that-refuse-to-house-homeless-may-commandeer-them

I'd be all for this, were I a hotel owner.

Of course, the city would have to be paying the full commercial rate per person, per room, and assuming all liability for the inevitable damage/cleanup costs to make the room rentable again.

3 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Of course, the city would have to be paying the full commercial rate per person, per room, and assuming all liability for the inevitable damage/cleanup costs to make the room rentable again.

Not worth the chance. The state has left people/companies holding the tab before. I personally took a loss on the development of a project at CalPERS years ago because they state ran out of money and told every on on the job (a) clean up, (b) go home, (c) you won't be getting any more money currently owed to you and (d) go eff yourselves.

They'll do it again. Pensions to protect, y'know.

3 hours ago, Koko78 said:

...after them, demolition would be the ONLY option.......

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Koko78 said:

It would never be rentable again in my mind. ?

12 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

This “homeless” gig is starting to sound pretty damn good. 

https://ktla.com/news/california/san-francisco-delivers-alcohol-tobacco-and-weed-to-addicts-quarantined-in-hotels/amp/

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It would never be rentable again in my mind. ?

Eh, that's what "wiring accidents" that coincidentally happen near a pile of highly flammable material are for.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Not worth the chance. The state has left people/companies holding the tab before. I personally took a loss on the development of a project at CalPERS years ago because they state ran out of money and told every on on the job (a) clean up, (b) go home, (c) you won't be getting any more money currently owed to you and (d) go eff yourselves.

They'll do it again. Pensions to protect, y'know.

absolutely pathetic. 

Friend of mine owns a small cartage/waste disposal business in Albany.  Also does excavating, submitted a bid on emergency cleanup of a spill of some sort in Amsterdam, NY.  $400k...took 14 months to get paid.  With the budgetary issues looming, businesses would be nuts to partner up with the state.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

absolutely pathetic. 

Friend of mine owns a small cartage/waste disposal business in Albany.  Also does excavating, submitted a bid on emergency cleanup of a spill of some sort in Amsterdam, NY.  $400k...took 14 months to get paid.  With the budgetary issues looming, businesses would be nuts to partner up with the state.  

There's already word that NY plans to unilaterally cut all contracts/grants by 10-20%.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Why do I have the feeling that there will be suddenly be extensive mail errors in traditionally red-leaning counties?

Nunes is in CA — easy target. But there are 6 seats the GOP should flip, 30% of the needed number to flip the House. It’s (likely) not going to happen now. 

27 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Great.

Between the election day votes, plus the mail-ins...............I predict 120% turnout.

No way mail in ballots can lead to voter fraud. Zero probability. First of all; you have a postal service that has never lost an item of mail. Second; you have the sheer integrity of the ballot counters which should never be questioned. 

Bottom line with mail in ballots is; Trump loses by 300 million votes and couldn’t possibly win a second term which means the machine can rest a little easier knowing that they’ve successfully pulled one over on the less intelligent members of the former constitutional republic of The United States of America.

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

absolutely pathetic. 

I generally like my state of Florida but I used to work in small business finance about 15 years ago and several of my clients then would get the absurd run around when time came to pay. They all worked in the construction business and would go 6 months without a word and then be told the hold up was an illegible signature or some other minutiae. I can only imagine what NY and Cali do.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

Great.

Between the election day votes, plus the mail-ins...............I predict 120% turnout.

The turnout will be whatever is needed by the Dems to steal the election.

14 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Nunes is in CA — easy target. But there are 6 seats the GOP should flip, 30% of the needed number to flip the House. It’s (likely) not going to happen now. 

I saw this yesterday and was, again, so thankful I left when I did.

If you even remotely think you are a conservative or even right-leaning and have a chance in CA, those days are done. Two elections cycles and CA will become Thunderdome and you are all absolutely, positively FUBARed. They're going to tax the ever-living clusterphuck out of every person and company who they deem to wealthy, and the only question will be whether Taco Bell will win the fast food wars again.

Nice knowing you, CA.  Tell Prop 13 I appreciated it while it was there. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Do the dead registered voters get a 2nd ballot or will they be limited to just 1 like the living registered voters?

Two.

One for the life they lived and one for the afterlife. Simple process too, as there is only one box available to place the check mark in. 

• Haha (+1) 2