California (again)

33 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Dinner was wonderful!  No masks worn on the way in or out.  Wife left hers in her purse and mine in my pocket. We could have left them in the car. Wife and a martini and I had a Pellegrino.  No wine for me. 

I live in South Orange County.  We don't have protesters.  We're adults here.  

Ha! My niece is in a state of contest social media white privileged protest from behind the locked gates provided by for her by her left leaning parents in Dove Canyon. ?

1 minute ago, Jaraxxus said:

I laugh, but only in order that I won't cry.

***** this country and the idiots that run it.

My grandfather was Bulgarian. Back in the 40's he couldn't get a job at Stelco (Steel Company Of Canada) because he was a "bull hunk " eastern European scum. Those jobs were reserved for the Scots or the English. Bullshite?? Of course. I'm sure I could dilute myself into thinking that somehow I have been effected financially because of that prejudice and sue the Stelco. I wont' because it does no good to penalize the decedents for the past and rekindle hatred and resentment. Impose an injustice on innocent for the sins of the past??

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

FAILED STATE: 

In the Middle of a Severe Recession, California Prepares To Raise Its Gas Tax to 50 Cents a Gallon. 

“The Golden State has the highest gas tax in the nation, and one of its worst-performing highway systems.”

The only shocking part about this story is that our state gas tax wasn't already north of $.50 a gallon!

4 minutes ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

You red state f*cker!  

I would venture a guess SC or GA. They are the cheapest.  Well done, best I could do is $1.59 at Smokin Joes.

WNY in Irving on the reservation. I think it was like $12 to fill my tank.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I’d rather pay $50 than live in WNY. ?

Depends. There are good and bad things about most different locales. I truly loved my time in the Ventura/Santa Barbara area but even back then the liberal mindset was peeking its evil head into most everything. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/californians-must-wear-face-masks-190242777.html

If I have something wrong here please tell me: it is now a worse crime in California to not wear a mask while out to dinner than to steal the dinner from the store. Why do y'all still live there? Florida has better beaches- no mountains but better beaches.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/californians-must-wear-face-masks-190242777.html

If I have something wrong here please tell me: it is now a worse crime in California to not wear a mask while out to dinner than to steal the dinner from the store. Why do y'all still live there? Florida has better beaches- no mountains but better beaches.

FL has better beaches?  That’s up for major debate. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Well... At least you can go to a beach in Florida.

Too much bugs and humidity in Florida for me. I hadn’t been there in years but had a conference in Orlando. I thought I was gonna die from the steam! ? Humidity and me don’t mix. I always tell people I didn’t leave Buffalo to escape the winter. It was the two months of summer that did it.

Edited by SoCal Deek

OBSESSED: California Democrats Want Another $20 Million to Enforce Job-Killer AB5. 

“What California workers and employers need more than ever right now is increased flexibility in order to reignite the state’s job-creation engine.

What they’re getting instead is another $20 million in debt so that unelected bureaucrats can wage war on the type of work preferred by nearly 25% of the workforce.”

Accommodating Dysfunction

City Journal, by Erica Sandberg

Original Article

One recent morning a disheveled, visibly disturbed man ran frantically around the lobby of the Mark Hopkins Hotel, the historic and elegant property located at the crest of tony Nob Hill. As one of San Francisco’s designated Front-Line Worker Housing (FLWH) hotels, it’s reserved for health-care and public-safety employees working on Covid-19 related matters. But San Francisco is surreptitiously placing homeless people in luxury hotels by designating them as emergency front-line workers, a term that the broader community understands to mean doctors, nurses, and similar professionals.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/25/2020 at 8:12 AM, B-Man said:

Accommodating Dysfunction

City Journal, by Erica Sandberg

Original Article

One recent morning a disheveled, visibly disturbed man ran frantically around the lobby of the Mark Hopkins Hotel, the historic and elegant property located at the crest of tony Nob Hill. As one of San Francisco’s designated Front-Line Worker Housing (FLWH) hotels, it’s reserved for health-care and public-safety employees working on Covid-19 related matters. But San Francisco is surreptitiously placing homeless people in luxury hotels by designating them as emergency front-line workers, a term that the broader community understands to mean doctors, nurses, and similar professionals.

My wife has been saying if she finds out what hotels are housing the homeless she’ll never stay there.  The Mark Hopkins!?  ?

34 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

104832961_138880231165161_2898398713792654680_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=CYyVCKN43UgAX-qaz6f&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=a06382bcbd0618528063e646bec6244d&oe=5F1E843D

Funny because I almost never see homeless. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

My wife has been saying if she finds out what hotels are housing the homeless she’ll never stay there.  The Mark Hopkins!?  ?

Funny because I almost never see homeless. 

My guess is that they aren't camping out in your neighborhood, work place or locations you frequent. Somebody else might see them all the time and feel like California is nothing but a refugee camp. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

My guess is that they aren't camping out in your neighborhood, work place or locations you frequent. Somebody else might see them all the time and feel like California is nothing but a refugee camp. 

Why are they not camping out in the neighborhoods where I work/live/play? ?

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Chef Jim must not drive under any freeway bridges. They’re starting an HOA under many in and around Los Angeles.

On 6/22/2020 at 3:23 PM, B-Man said:

OBSESSED: California Democrats Want Another $20 Million to Enforce Job-Killer AB5. 

“What California workers and employers need more than ever right now is increased flexibility in order to reignite the state’s job-creation engine.

What they’re getting instead is another $20 million in debt so that unelected bureaucrats can wage war on the type of work preferred by nearly 25% of the workforce.”

...Gruesome Newsome failed as SF mayor, so give him credit for his ongoing track record as Governor................

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Chef Jim must not drive under any freeway bridges. They’re starting an HOA under many in and around Los Angeles.

I drive under all sorts of bridges.  Come to the dark side known as South Orange County.  Since LA has become their Mecca I’ve not seen one homeless person here. We thank you for your compassion. 

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Local government?

Let me clarify. And this corner is the only place I’d usually see the random “homeless” person asking for help. 

Oh and @SoCal Deek how often you see this in your neck of the woods?

E7C65F4B-A9DB-40C1-963D-1A09EF5610D6.jpeg

Edited by Chef Jim

Keep telling me that it's about safety.

The State of California has banned singing in any indoor religious services, even with masks on, under new guidelines issued by the Department of Public Health to control the spread of the coronavirus.

The new guidelines state 

Even with adherence to physical distancing, convening in a congregational setting of multiple different households to practice a personal faith carries a relatively higher risk for widespread transmission of the COVID-19 virus, and may result in increased rates of infection, hospitalization, and death, especially among more vulnerable populations. In particular, activities such as singing and chanting negate the risk- reduction achieved through six feet of physical distancing.

*Places of worship must therefore discontinue singing and chanting activities and limit indoor attendance to 25% of building capacity or a maximum of 100 attendees, whichever is lower. Local Health Officers are advised to consider appropriate limitations on outdoor attendance capacities, factoring their jurisdiction’s key COVID- 19 health indicators. At a minimum, outdoor attendance should be limited naturally through implementation of strict physical distancing measures of a minimum of six feet between attendees from different households, in addition to other relevant protocols within this document.

California had begun re-opening places of worship a few weeks ago, as the state had succeeded in slowing the spread of the disease. But a surge of cases since early June — coinciding with the eruption of the Black Lives Matter protests — has caused the state to reinstate many restrictions.

• Like (+1) 1