NFL Logos ranked worst to first

Yav

He likes the Jaguars logo. Loss of credibility with me for that. Jaguars have one of the worst uniforms, color combinations, and logos in the NFL, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I may be in the minority here, but I've always loved The Browns' lack of an "real" logo. 

The Browns lack a lot of good things (like wins). It's definitely part of their team culture.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

always loved The Browns' lack of an "real" logo. 

.....goes along with their lack of not having a real team.

Vikings is best.

Edited by Ifartalot
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

The Browns lack a lot of good things (like wins). It's definitely part of their team culture.

3 minutes ago, Ifartalot said:

.....goes along with their lack of not having a real team.

Hey now! The Browns have improved a lot this offseason. I could see them getting 1 or 2 wins. Maybe even three, but I don't want to get carried away now.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Hey now! The Browns have improved a lot this offseason. I could see them getting 1 or 2 wins. Maybe even three, but I don't want to get carried away now.

Lol. Browns will win more games than the bills this year.  Get ready. 

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I may be in the minority here, but I've always loved The Browns' lack of an "real" logo. 

They are still trying to decide on something....

• Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Lol. Browns will win more games than the bills this year.  Get ready. 

Certainly is possible. I have the Bills somewhere between 5-7 wins, if its 6 or 5 especially I could absolutely see the Browns having more then us.

How does the graphic designer with the artistic eye not see that the Falcons logo is shaped like an "F"?

He makes a good point with his praise of the Saints logo being a symbol around the city of New Orleans and giving it points for that.

Truthfully, we really don't see a whole lot of buffalo or "bison" representations around our city...we need to work on that.

The Bills logo was good because I could wear it on the road on a toque  and basically nobody outside of division rivals would recognize what it was, so I was safe...

I love the Bills logo (of course), but I've always thought the red stripe should be slightly curved (eg, arced) instead of straight.

16 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

How does the graphic designer with the artistic eye not see that the Falcons logo is shaped like an "F"?

He makes a good point with his praise of the Saints logo being a symbol around the city of New Orleans and giving it points for that.

Truthfully, we really don't see a whole lot of buffalo or "bison" representations around our city...we need to work on that.

I always loved the Buffalo statues I passed on my way to home games before I moved. I think you could see them from 90.

6 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

I always loved the Buffalo statues I passed on my way to home games before I moved. I think you could see them from 90.

I have fond memories of those, too, but I believe as you know I was being sarcastic as buffaloes are everywhere.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I agree.  There's something about it that's very old school.     Really simple and pure.  No frills.  

A lot of football legends have worn that helmet.  

33 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I agree.  There's something about it that's very old school.     Really simple and pure.  No frills.  

A lot of football legends have worn that helmet.  

not for fans under 75 years old

(you didn't mean Brian Sipe, right????)

geez, gotta be over 45 to remember him...

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I'm fine with it.  But why orange?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Even to lose?  Man you are deep. 

You can bet against the Browns if you want, but someway, somehow, they'll let you down. That's what they do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

He likes the Jaguars logo. Loss of credibility with me for that. Jaguars have one of the worst uniforms, color combinations, and logos in the NFL, in my opinion.

Jaguars logo is pretty good.

And they just got brand new uniforms. Which includes no more two tone helmet.

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm fine with it.  But why orange?

The Cleveland Orange.

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

Jaguars logo is pretty good.

And they just got brand new uniforms. Which includes no more two tone helmet.

I hate their logo. I guess I just don't like anything with that leopard skin look. But they were smart to get rid of their terrible helmets.

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

There are tons and tons of “Bison” statues around the city 

from sitting on the grass near the thruway, to artwork bisons dotted all over the city 

there actually are tons of Bison statues

• Like (+1) 1

I hate to say it but the Cowboys star is the most recognizable logo in the NFL and the cleanest. I'm no graphic designer, but I am  pretty certain that design really achieved all the goals of good graphic design work. Looks damn good on apparel too.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

There are groups of them roaming at the I-90/I-190 split,been there for decades.

I strongly disagree with most of the ordering of that list.

He has Redskins in "bottom 5" ????

It's one of the best in the league.  Whether or not you find it disparaging is a different issue entirely.  As a logo, it's fantastic.

He also has the Bills as one of the top logos; I have always found the charging buffalo lame and it is now rather dated to the time of its inception, graphically.

He has New England's "new" logo also fairly highly rated.  I think it's probably the worst in the league, and not just b/c I hate NE! 

13 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

There are groups of them roaming at the I-90/I-190 split,been there for decades.

I already told him that...

there are also artistic Buffalos all around the city as well

seems he should roam the city more lol

4 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I liked this hilarious mock up someone made on here awhile ago.

browns-new-helmet-2015 3.png

browns 2.gif

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Fadingpain said:

I strongly disagree with most of the ordering of that list.

He has Redskins in "bottom 5" ????

It's one of the best in the league.  Whether or not you find it disparaging is a different issue entirely.  As a logo, it's fantastic.

He also has the Bills as one of the top logos; I have always found the charging buffalo lame and it is now rather dated to the time of its inception, graphically.

He has New England's "new" logo also fairly highly rated.  I think it's probably the worst in the league, and not just b/c I hate NE! 

I agree the Redskins logo is fantastic 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

On a similar note, I always thought it was cool that the Steelers logo is only on one side of the helmet.

Not totally sure what that is about, but it's interesting and unique.

I think Cleveland has, overall, one of the absolute worst uniforms in the whole league...but not b/c they don't have a logo.  I agree that is kind of cool.

But that color scheme!  It's just horrible. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I already told him that...

there are also artistic Buffalos all around the city as well

seems he should roam the city more lol

I love the artistically painted bison all over Buffalo! 

Whoever was the impetus behind that movement deserves bonus points.

And hey, while we are at it.  Not that this is a new idea or anything, but how about all city of Buffalo grade schools have the kids paint their idea of a good logo on a sheet of paper with a blank helmet drawn on it.

Maybe the art teacher (if they still have those)  could pick the best 5, and send them to the Bills.

Someone in the marketing department (?) at the Bills goes through each school's top 5, and picks the best.

That is then translated to a sticker to be placed on the team's helmets, and worn in an actual game as "third jersey" type thing...

Tie the whole "one Buffalo" concept into with the schoolchildren being part of the "one" and you have a winner.

I have no doubt some kid out there would produce something really cool.

7 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

On a similar note, I always thought it was cool that the Steelers logo is only on one side of the helmet.

Not totally sure what that is about, but it's interesting and unique.

I think Cleveland has, overall, one of the absolute worst uniforms in the whole league...but not b/c they don't have a logo.  I agree that is kind of cool.

But that color scheme!  It's just horrible. 

I love the artistically painted bison all over Buffalo! 

Whoever was the impetus behind that movement deserves bonus points.

And hey, while we are at it.  Not that this is a new idea or anything, but how about all city of Buffalo grade schools have the kids paint their idea of a good logo on a sheet of paper with a blank helmet drawn on it.

Maybe the art teacher (if they still have those)  could pick the best 5, and send them to the Bills.

Someone in the marketing department (?) at the Bills goes through each school's top 5, and picks the best.

That is then translated to a sticker to be placed on the team's helmets, and worn in an actual game as "third jersey" type thing...

Tie the whole "one Buffalo" concept into with the schoolchildren being part of the "one" and you have a winner.

I have no doubt some kid out there would produce something really cool.

Thats not a bad idea but I am too fond of our classic uniforms and helmets.

i don’t know if id like a sticker of another uniform on our helmet...

but as you said I guess they could make the winner into an alternate 

as yes some schools in Buffalo still have art class... some ?

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thats not a bad idea but I am too fond of our classic uniforms and helmets.

i don’t know if id like a sticker of another uniform on our helmet...

but as you said I guess they could make the winner into an alternate 

as yes some schools in Buffalo still have art class... some ?

The key here is that the "alternate logo helmet" would be worn only once on "Charity Event of Your Choosing" day, and merchandise created in support of the new logo would be sold at the Bills stadium store and elsewhere around WNY (New Era stores and such) with all proceeds going to said charity.

Maybe "fight cancer day" and then you could tie Jimbo into the mix. 

As a one off thing it's no big deal in terms of destroying the sanctity of the cherished Bills logo.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

do NOT click on the link viruses attached to the site as reported by my iMac

I'm not sure what that's all about but I'm on a Mac and no issues at all.

5 minutes ago, Yav said:

I'm not sure what that's all about but I'm on a Mac and no issues at all.

maybe i moused over something but a wind launched and tried to download stuff so I killed safari and figured I would just read thread for the info

1 minute ago, Xwnyer said:

maybe i moused over something but a wind launched and tried to download stuff so I killed safari and figured I would just read thread for the info

interesting. TheChive.com is a great place to spend some time.