Josh Rosen already impressing in Arizona.

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

What do you expect? It's the 1st time since 1983 that the Bills drafted a 1st round QB while also passing on other 1st round QB's.

Allen, Rosen, and Jackson will forever be linked. Get use to it, it will only get worse. Hopefully it's Allen people say is the best.

Darnold will be put in there too, people will b*tch we didn't trade up to #2 to get him if he's better than Allen.

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Yes, they both could be good. The comparison will live on throughout their careers. 

In an ideal world, it could be Elway/Kelly/Marino where there are several great QB you can win with drafted in the 1st, and in between an outright bust, and a couple QB who were serviceable but not on the same level (Blackledge (bust), Eason and Ken O'Brien)

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

McBeanes careers in Buffalo will be determined by Allen. If he busts these guys will be gone in two/three years and be flamed in the process.(no pun intended) If he succeeds they will be around for a long time. 

I don't disagre fully.

McDermott might have more leeway depending on whether or not he had much input in Allen (though I suspect he did)

I think Beane gets leeway if every other move works well.

57 minutes ago, The Red King said:

That's why this thread was created, and sadly there will be more. >.>

Looking at this thread and the thread regarding the decline of quality print journalism, it's too bad we can't line birdcages and litter boxes with some of the threads that show up on message boards.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

McBeanes careers in Buffalo will be determined by Allen. If he busts these guys will be gone in two/three years and be flamed in the process.(no pun intended) If he succeeds they will be around for a long time. 

To be truthful, I hope that's not true. 

Part of what's crippled the Bills (IMO) is having GMs afraid to pull the trigger and take their best shot, knowing there is a better than 50% chance that guy will bust out.

Another part of what's crippled the Bills is firing and hiring new coaches every 2-3 years. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To be truthful, I hope that's not true. 

Part of what's crippled the Bills (IMO) is having GMs afraid to pull the trigger and take their best shot, knowing there is a better than 50% chance that guy will bust out.

Another part of what's crippled the Bills is firing and hiring new coaches every 2-3 years. 

....cannot agree more....this organization FINALLY run by FOOTBALL people from FO to Admin to "between the stripes" is shaping up to be the best since the Polian era and perhaps will prove even better....so now we judge the FO/Admin based on ONE pick?.....and if that pick busts, we fire up the revolving door?....makes perfect sense to.....EVERY GM league wide would be on a one year deal although some TBD pundits would prefer OBD issues a 1/2 year deal......quick re-visit to the Steelers model: THREE HC's in 48 years....same GM since 2000....SIX Lombardis on the shelf.......their "revolving door" is off the hinges.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Looking at this thread and the thread regarding the decline of quality print journalism, it's too bad we can't line birdcages and litter boxes with some of the threads that show up on message boards.

You don't have a printer?  :nana:

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

What do you expect? It's the 1st time since 1983 that the Bills drafted a 1st round QB while also passing on other 1st round QB's.

Allen, Rosen, and Jackson will forever be linked. Get use to it, it will only get worse. Hopefully it's Allen people say is the best.

I really dont understand why it has to be a either or situation

They might both end up being good...that could also happen.  This was a very anticipated qb draft

Kinda sad how people seem to be rooting for Rosen to be hurt.  Would you be cool if the Cards fans had a thread like this speculating on Allen getting hurt?

55 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

No they wont.....but a veteran might JP Losman him if he doesnt know how to close that trap of his

This is such a lazy comparison.  

Rosen speaks out about social injustices. JP was a douche who didn’t really like sports. 

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Kinda sad how people seem to be rooting for Rosen to be hurt.  Would you be cool if the Cards fans had a thread like this speculating on Allen getting hurt?

This is such a lazy comparison.  

Rosen speaks out about social injustices. JP was a douche who didn’t really like sports. 

I honestly dont care what Card fans think

It is a a bit of a lazy comparison because no two players are exactly alike....like comparing Mayfield and Manziel is also lazy.

Josh Rosen was the most accurate passer in this draft.....given the warts (but high ceilings) of the qbs drafted ahead of him there HAS to be things in his mental makeup/physical history that caused him to drop or he should have been the number 1 concensous overall pick in this draft.

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Just wait until Rosen gets his bell rung a few times by some determined, quality NFL D-Linemen, who treat QB's like "they want to keep food off of my Kid's table"..

Fun fact, Rosen missed less games in college than Allen. Maybe we shouldn’t be talking crap about another qb getting injured.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I honestly dont care what Card fans think

It is a a bit of a lazy comparison because no two players are exactly alike....like comparing Mayfield and Manziel is also lazy.

Josh Rosen was the most accurate passer in this draft.....given the warts (but high ceilings) of the qbs drafted ahead of him there HAS to be things in his mental makeup/physical history that caused him to drop or he should have been the number 1 concensous overall pick in this draft.

Because the nfl is completely conservative league that wants their players to be mindless robots.  

My question, and we will never know, if Allen and Rosen had the same exact personality, who would have been the pick?

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Fun fact, Rosen missed less games in college than Allen. Maybe we shouldn’t be talking crap about another qb getting injured.

I dont want to see any of these guys get hurt.

There is a difference between different types of injuries.....and if the rumors of Rosen having committment issues are true more concussions will end his NFL career early.

Before the draft I was a Rosen guy......he does not play in our conference so I wish him not ill will....I now do not think he was a fit for Buffalo

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because the nfl is completely conservative league that wants their players to be mindless robots.  

My question, and we will never know, if Allen and Rosen had the same exact personality, who would have been the pick?

I honestly dont think Rosen and Allen would ever have the same type of personality.

Different upbringings

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont want to see any of these guys get hurt.

There is a difference between different types of injuries.....and if the rumors of Rosen having committment issues are true more concussions will end his NFL career early.

Before the draft I was a Rosen guy......he does not play in our conference so I wish him not ill will....I now do not think he was a fit for Buffalo

I always think the best qb is the best fit.  I think Rosen is the better qb and now is in a better situation for success.  But I agree with your post and hope they both turn out great. Nfl is better with more good qbs.

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I always think the best qb is the best fit.  I think Rosen is the better qb and now is in a better situation for success.  But I agree with your post and hope they both turn out great. Nfl is better with more good qbs.

My gut tells me that both are going to be good NFL qbs because Arizona is going to coach Rosen to stop putting himself in a position to take unecessary hits

I think Allen will not be as good in his first year but will get better and better as time goes on and we will be very glad that we drafted him.

I know that people hearing about the arm and buffalo weather thing......and I think it is being overblown BUT.....the winds of Buffalo is a real thing.....and a arm that can cut threw them at a crucial time is a welcome thing.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

My gut tells me that both are going to be good NFL qbs because Arizona is going to coach Rosen to stop putting himself in a position to take unecessary hits

I think Allen will not be as good in his first year but will get better and better as time goes on and we will be very glad that we drafted him.

I know that people hearing about the arm and buffalo weather thing......and I think it is being overblown BUT.....the winds of Buffalo is a real thing.....and a arm that can cut threw them at a crucial time is a welcome thing.

No offense but I hate that reason.  There are maybe like 2 games like that and Brady and hell Chad Pennington could win games here with those conditions.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Seriously? 

One 9-7 year and all of a sudden they are looking as good as the Polian era Bills?

That's an insult. The jury is WAYYYYY out on that one. 

They live and die by Allen. It's the way the league works and rightfully so. 

...guess insults are my strong suits....IGNORE may be an option...........

On 5/24/2018 at 4:35 PM, Klaista2k said:

I was listening to Colin Cowherd and he said according to league sources Rosen is already blowing everyone away.

According to the source Rosen "looked incredible" and is already a virtual lock to be starting week 1.

Did we mess this up? 

Without a doubt! Drafting Allen is so Billsy

On 5/24/2018 at 4:39 PM, Returntoglory said:

I just don't get why some of you feel you need to stir the pot and post **** like this. 

?

Because the Allen pick was HORRIBLE 

& WILL CONTINUE TO BE HORRIBLE UNTIL OTHERWISE NOTED 

On 5/24/2018 at 4:56 PM, Ramza86 said:

Lets wait and see what his scrawny little body does when its drilled into the ground this season. 

??

On 5/24/2018 at 4:42 PM, DJB said:

who cares!!!!

Sad...just sad.

On 5/24/2018 at 4:57 PM, HappyDays said:

From reports today Josh Allen is also looking good. Of course the OP is on a crusade so he won't acknowledge that.

Where you get that info? From my understanding he's throwing dumb offs... & practicing with the 3rd string. His competition is just like his collegiate career....below average. Rosen is going against Sam Bradford in one of the most complicated offenses in the league & he knows 50% of the playbook already.

So how is Allen completing passes to Ray Ray McCloud on the 3rd string offense is considered doing good??? ??? 

32 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Without a doubt! Drafting Allen is so Billsy

Because the Allen pick was HORRIBLE 

& WILL CONTINUE TO BE HORRIBLE UNTIL OTHERWISE NOTED 

??

Sad...just sad.

Where you get that info? From my understanding he's throwing dumb offs... & practicing with the 3rd string. His competition is just like his collegiate career....below average. Rosen is going against Sam Bradford in one of the most complicated offenses in the league & he knows 50% of the playbook already.

So how is Allen completing passes to Ray Ray McCloud on the 3rd string offense is considered doing good??? ??? 

Another dumb ass. 

1 minute ago, Returntoglory said:

Another dumb ass. 

How You figure? Your the one that will probably have to create another user account. Shouldn't you get flagged for this type of offensive gester???

49 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

I haven't really seen anyplace that said he was doing bad in OTAs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

How You figure? Your the one that will probably have to create another user account. Shouldn't you get flagged for this type of offensive gester???

I'm sorry. My auto-correct threw the ass word in to describe you. I would never call you a dumb ass. That would be....dumb.  

On 5/24/2018 at 4:35 PM, Klaista2k said:

I was listening to Colin Cowherd and he said according to league sources Rosen is already blowing everyone away.

According to the source Rosen "looked incredible" and is already a virtual lock to be starting week 1.

Did we mess this up? 

I stopped reading here and had a good laugh.

• Haha (+1) 1

I reiterate what I said earlier.  Some people hated the Allen pick so much that they will use any little thing Rosen does right or Allen does wrong as evidence the wrong decision is made.  And so, we will endure threads like this, including fanatics who claim to be able to see into the future well enough to say for certain drafting Allen was a mistake despite him not yet taking a snap in a pro game yet.  Sadly these supposed psychics still have yet to provide winning lottery numbers, leading me to believe they are not psychics, and rather mistake their own personal opinions as fact.

Basically, the minute you state with certainty that we made a mistake, rather then prefacing it with "I believe..." or "In my opinion...", the rest of your post becomes white noise to me because it's obvious you are a fanatical zealot with nothing positive to add.  Rather, you're about to rant about how people are idiots for not acknowledging your opinion as fact.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I reiterate what I said earlier.  Some people hated the Allen pick so much that they will use any little thing Rosen does right or Allen does wrong as evidence the wrong decision is made.  And so, we will endure threads like this, including fanatics who claim to be able to see into the future well enough to say for certain drafting Allen was a mistake despite him not yet taking a snap in a pro game yet.  Sadly these supposed psychics still have yet to provide winning lottery numbers, leading me to believe they are not psychics, and rather mistake their own personal opinions as fact.

Basically, the minute you state with certainty that we made a mistake, rather then prefacing it with "I believe..." or "In my opinion...", the rest of your post becomes white noise to me because it's obvious you are a fanatical zealot with nothing positive to add.  Rather, you're about to rant about how people are idiots for not acknowledging your opinion as fact.

It is interesting

Today I learned that there are "common fans" and "super fans" on this board (who are more dialed in)

I do learn something new every day

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:03 PM, Magox said:

No he's not raising a reasonable question because his posting history regarding this issue points to a crusading motive.   

And even if the question was posed by someone else without the same history as the OP it would still be an absurd question at this stage of the game.  First of all, Allen has also been very impressive from the limited accounts from journalists and coaches.  Secondly and most importantly we are in the month of freaking May, the guys haven't even put on pads yet and this ludicrous question of remorse is being posed.    Absurd and only someone with an agenda would pose this question as this point.

He may be crusading. I haven't followed him and have no opinion on that.

But he still raises a reasonable question. Yes, there's no way to know the answer. But in fact there's no way to know the answer of any question about the future. Still no reason not to ask questions and discuss. That's what we're here for.

The reason people don't like it is that it's a somewhat negative question. The same question phrased positively would have raised not a single eyebrow here. Not one. 

Is anyone getting angry when people post the stories saying Allen's throwing well in OTAs, or that he's picking things up quickly in the QB room? Is anyone angry when in those threads people get excited and say, "I think we've got a winner here. Anyone agree?" Do we see hordes of people jump on those guys and say, "Hey, cut it out, you and your positive agenda. We haven't seen pads on and it's way too early to pose ludicrous questions like that?"

Yes, it's too early to know. Probably will be for the next two or three years minimum. But it's not too early to ask questions. 

Edited by Thurman#1

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Or the NFL is a league run by conservatives for conservatives (witness the owner capitulation to Trump on the anthem) and the idea of someone who speaks out on social issues from a more liberal perspective petrified a lot of the owners and heirarchies. That is only my opinion and I might be entirely wrong but I think Rosen dropped in part because of politics which was then rebadged as "personality flaws". 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Given how much the Cardinals O line stinks, they won't have a choice. The guy is going to get smashed. I hope for his sake they have a good medical team to keep fixing him when he is broken in half every other snap

16 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No offense but I hate that reason.  There are maybe like 2 games like that and Brady and hell Chad Pennington could win games here with those conditions.

I don't remember what the offenses Pennington ran were like

Brady, Right On, the guy makes his living throwing 5-10 yd dink and dunk stuff over the middle that his WR and Gronk turn into 10-20 yd gains.

37 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Given how much the Cardinals O line stinks, they won't have a choice. The guy is going to get smashed. I hope for his sake they have a good medical team to keep fixing him when he is broken in half every other snap

The funny thing is when I first read this I missed the Cardinals somehow and thought you were writing about Allen.  Which I guess reveals my not-so-inner concerns about OL

I was looking it up and wow, you're right, talk about under-investment in OL - no wonder Palmer retired.  Still, it's possible the OL will look better if they get guys back off IR (including their LT) and with Bradford or Rosen behind center instead of Gabbert and Stanton.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Or the NFL is a league run by conservatives for conservatives (witness the owner capitulation to Trump on the anthem) and the idea of someone who speaks out on social issues from a more liberal perspective petrified a lot of the owners and heirarchies. That is only my opinion and I might be entirely wrong but I think Rosen dropped in part because of politics which was then rebadged as "personality flaws". 

Owners are businessmen. The anthem protest was bad for business. I don’t think conservatism has anything to do with where Rosen was drafted.

• Like (+1) 3

FIRST-AND-10

1. Cardinals QB Josh Rosen has impressed his coaches early—coming as advertised with his ability to digest and apply the information he’s being given on the practice field. And he looks comfortable and poised in his surroundings as an NFL player. Sam Bradford’s looked good early on too, so summer should be interesting in the desert.

Something I wonder...Josh Rosen is impressing, Josh Allen is impressing, TT is impressing...everyone is impressing.  Keep in mind teams want to build up their players, so of course a lot of positive comments will come out.  Would we really get any negatives?  I mean if Rosen was struggling, would there really be public reports saying "Josh Rosen disappointing coaches.  GM orders crate of Pepto and ponders his life choices."?  Of course not!  So be it Rosen, Allen or anyone else...take comments that prospects are impressing with a grain of salt.

On 5/27/2018 at 7:00 AM, GunnerBill said:

Whatever helps you feel better that Rosen was the last of the Top 4 to go. 

On 5/27/2018 at 8:00 PM, GunnerBill said:

I disagree with that. I don't think it was political conservatism but social conservatism that dropped him. 

I think an awful lot of the coaches out there don't want any kind of free thinker, whether politically conservative or liberal. At heart a lot of them want a young guy who will shut up in the locker room and go the Crash Davis "gave it 110%" route for the press. 

I think that hurt him with some of these teams, and I think his injury history hurt him an awful lot too. I wanted him over Allen personally. I think that if Rosen stays healthy he's going to be a very good one. Not as convinced of that about Allen, though I think there's an awful lot of reasonable room for hope.