Incognito placed on psychiatric hold, cops called in gym altercation

cudi

41 minutes ago, wnysteel said:

Is there any update on Incognito? Was he released from the psychiatric hold? nothing in google. he hasn't tweeted in over a month and his twiiter still has Bills pics on it. just wondering what the update is...

Until he or those close decide to disclose info, we know what we will know. It seems he’s not ready to talk yet and friends/family are seemingly onboard. Or we likely would’ve heard something in the last month 

On 5/21/2018 at 5:22 PM, NoSaint said:

Incognito told investigators that he had taken "Shroom Tech," an over-the-counter supplement, but said he couldn't disclose details of his job because the police did not have the necessary clearance. 

damn.....was he tripping or is it mental illness?  hmmmm

either way I wish I was a fly on the wall for the convo he had with the cops

3 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

I would guess both. Lots of drugs/booze, untreated mental illness, with a little bit of CTE mixed in.

26 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

I'm glad I wasn't.  Regardless if it was due to CTE, roids, or something completely unrelated to football, it is sad to watch someone going through it.

46 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

We really don’t know. The assumption is that it’s a continuation of his long term mental health issues with drugs possibly being layered in.... But that’s just a guess based on available context. He’s long had troubles though and this isn’t his first time being committed.

Richie Incognito won't be charged by police in gym incident, report says

At least Richie Incognito won’t have any legal issues stemming from a bizarre incident at a gym in Florida.

Incognito, the four-time Pro Bowl guard who was released by the Buffalo Bills earlier this month, was accused of throwing a dumbbell at another gym patron. That prompted a forced mental evaluation of Incognito.

However, police in Boca Raton, Fla. told USA Today that Incognito won’t be charged with a crime.

29 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

At least Richie Incognito won’t have any legal issues stemming from a bizarre incident at a gym in Florida.

Incognito, the four-time Pro Bowl guard who was released by the Buffalo Bills earlier this month, was accused of throwing a dumbbell at another gym patron. That prompted a forced mental evaluation of Incognito.

However, police in Boca Raton, Fla. told USA Today that Incognito won’t be charged with a crime.

This is probably his last opportunity to seek help (if he hasn't already) without being charged with something.   I really wish him the best.  He was a helluva player.  He has a chance to help others now and he seems (when he is getting treatment) to have that capability.

Edited by JoeF

10 minutes ago, JoeF said:

This is probably his last opportunity to seek help (if he hasn't already) without being charged with something.   I really wish him the best.  He's was a helluva player.  He has a chance to help others now and he seems (when he is getting treatment) to have that capability.

Agree 100%.  He needs the help.  And he can use his popularity to help others/encourage others to get help who need it.

Something good can come out of this.  A lot, actually.  I hope he seizes this moment for his own sake and for the sake of others.

• Like (+1) 1

Incognito seems intelligent enough to realize when he is in his right mind that he is cause of these issues.

He seemed to seriously take chance Bills gave him to change reputation and it worked for a while but he stumbled again.

Hopefully his friends including ex-teammates can help him but he needs to seriously want it and needs to find support structure.

Edited by Limeaid
typo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Former Bills center Eric Wood said Monday of his former teammate Richie Incognito, "He's going through a tough time right now. I think that's pretty obvious. We're praying for him. I know he'll come out of this a good man."

• Like (+1) 3

Everything a pro football player does can now be excused by CTE??

Cripe imagine an incredibly powerful 340 LB unstable man getting pissed off at you and swinging dumbbells in your direction. Scary.

6 hours ago, Tcali said:

Everything a pro football player does can now be excused by CTE??

Cripe imagine an incredibly powerful 340 LB unstable man getting pissed off at you and swinging dumbbells in your direction. Scary.

Fully agree.  this is not CTE.  I dont see any other football players/athletes doing this.

He's got mental issues and I believe more importantly, Growin up up issues.  Becoming a responsible adult.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:27 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

If I understand the professors here at TBD School of Law, that means he didn't do it, right?

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Former Bills center Eric Wood said Monday of his former teammate Richie Incognito, "He's going through a tough time right now. I think that's pretty obvious. We're praying for him. I know he'll come out of this a good man."

The priest said that at his baptism.  

Still waiting....

On 6/5/2018 at 6:37 AM, KW95 said:

Fully agree.  this is not CTE.  I dont see any other football players/athletes doing this.

He's got mental issues and I believe more importantly, Growin up up issues.  Becoming a responsible adult.

It could also be bi-polar disorder with a dash of paranoid schizophrenia.

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It could also be bi-polar disorder with a dash of paranoid schizophrenia.

Something is amiss, but it's impossible to specify anything at this point. 

Perhaps being sent for a psych evaluation can determine this, but we cannot. 

I have no idea if it's CTE or mental health issues, but it is something. We know much more about the brain, but not nearly enough and especially considering everyone's is different.