77% were wrong believing our HC wouldn't be fooled by the mirage of preseason, but the Allen Era begins week 2!

21 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

77% were right. McDermott was wrong

McDermott wasn't wrong.  He needed a sacrificial lamb to make it through week 4.  Peterman needs to be that guy.  Well maybe he was wrong in thinking Nate would make it that long.  But he wasn't wrong in selecting Peterman as the lamb.

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

McDermott wasn't wrong.  He needed a sacrificial lamb to make it through week 4.  Peterman needs to be that guy.  Well maybe he was wrong in thinking Nate would make it that long.  But he wasn't wrong in selecting Peterman as the lamb.

lol talk about denial.  

5 minutes ago, gridrick said:

lol talk about denial.  

Denial of what?  I'm no Peterman apologist and very far from it.  You can find several posts where I actually cautioned people to not buy into the preseason Peterman.  My point is that Peterman is the sacrifice.  They were probably hoping Nate could last longer than he did, but I definitely do not think that Peterman was ever in their long-term plans even for this season.  Again, he's the lamb led to the slaughter until they feel Allen is ready.  I've always viewed it this way, especially since they traded McCarron away.  Once they did that, my thinking was they are hoping Allen progresses pretty quickly.  They didn't think they would have to force him into starting duty in week 2.

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't think his stats tell the whole story. He was much much worse than his stats imply... hello ...hello... is this thing on... I'll show myself out. 

2 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Denial of what?  I'm no Peterman apologist and very far from it.  You can find several posts where I actually cautioned people to not buy into the preseason Peterman.  My point is that Peterman is the sacrifice.  They were probably hoping Nate could last longer than he did, but I definitely do not think that Peterman was ever in their long-term plans even for this season.  Again, he's the lamb led to the slaughter until they feel Allen is ready.  I've always viewed it this way, especially since they traded McCarron away.  Once they did that, my thinking was they are hoping Allen progresses pretty quickly, but not so quickly that they would have to throw him in as a starter in week 2.

I think "The preseason Peterman" needs to become an offical term here at TBD for any preseason hero who stinks in real games.  "That dude was a real preseason peterman".

Edited by Batman1876

52 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Denial of what?  I'm no Peterman apologist and very far from it.  You can find several posts where I actually cautioned people to not buy into the preseason Peterman.  My point is that Peterman is the sacrifice.  They were probably hoping Nate could last longer than he did, but I definitely do not think that Peterman was ever in their long-term plans even for this season.  Again, he's the lamb led to the slaughter until they feel Allen is ready.  I've always viewed it this way, especially since they traded McCarron away.  Once they did that, my thinking was they are hoping Allen progresses pretty quickly.  They didn't think they would have to force him into starting duty in week 2.

Stupid thinking

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not saying this is what I want to see happen, but I think McDermott will stick with Nate.

I do to, until they think that Allen is ready Peterman, for good or bad, is the sacrificial lamb.

44 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Stupid thinking

What?  Thinking Peterman is the sacrifice is stupid thinking?  It might be unfounded, but I think we can deduce from particular transactions that that's exactly what this is.

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

I do to, until they think that Allen is ready Peterman, for good or bad, is the sacrificial lamb.

What?  Thinking Peterman is the sacrifice is stupid thinking?  It might be unfounded, but I think we can deduce from particular transactions that that's exactly what this is.

Nope you are wrong.

...McCarron as expected did not do much in his last pre-season start post injury......but what was the rush to trade him for a pick anyway NOW?........not by any means saying he was or would have been the answer anyway in yesterday's slaughter, but a rush to judgment for a HIGHLY coveted 5th round pick?.....seriously?......

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

just let this thread die, damnit!

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The OP is free to lock this anytime he chooses.  

All it takes is a “report” to a mod of self deletion/ closing 

Eh, people are still talking about it. 

Mods are free to do what they will and lock it down at any point, but I think the fact that so many of us were basing our opinions on who would win the QB competition on who should win the QB competition have some vindication at this point makes this conversation quite relevant as we start our season.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Mods are free to do what they will and lock it down at any point, but I think the fact that so many of us were basing our opinions on who would win the QB competition on who should win the QB competition have some vindication at this point makes this conversation quite relevant as we start our season.

I feel vindicated because I promised Peterman would suck. That doesn’t make me happy though. It’s kind of like being found not guilty of a crime you didn’t commit. You still had to suffer through the trial (or in this case Peterman). This dumpster fire was predictable. Now, let’s just do what we need to do and hand the keys to the guy with a chance. Let’s pray that he’s the guy.

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

They won’t unless it goes way off the rails or the OP sends them some sort of message. 

That is you 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

They won’t unless it goes way off the rails or the OP sends them some sort of message. 

That is you 

if the OP hadn't resurrected it continually, it would have died it's natural death. everytime it threated to slip into oblivion, the OP had to resurect it with a article that was already posted elsewhere on the forum.

I'm under the impression the entire offense is trash. Allen will most likely start now so maybe the Wrs will get open and the O-Line won't jump offsides all game. Hopefully Shady can break a run without holding penalties attached. 

Hopefully the punter doesn't fumble a punt and maybe the defense won't leave guys wide open by a mile and a half.

Who knows maybe Daboll doesn't look like a Rick Dennison clone with his game plan to straight suck. Hopefully Allen is the keys to make everyone do thier jobs because we all know Peterman couldn't.

I think everyone on the O-LINE took a turn jumping offsides. I hope Allen is the guy that makes the entire picture not blow chunks.  

On to the Chargers yucksters. 

Edited by Lfod

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I feel vindicated because I promised Peterman would suck. That doesn’t make me happy though. It’s kind of like being found not guilty of a crime you didn’t commit. You still had to suffer through the trial (or in this case Peterman). This dumpster fire was predictable. Now, let’s just do what we need to do and hand the keys to the guy with a chance. Let’s pray that he’s the guy.

Clearly you were just being a "hater" :lol:

The OP ALSO claimed this thread would auto lock on Sept 8.  

I guess we didn’t see the year was 2019 

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

if the OP hadn't resurrected it continually, it would have died it's natural death. everytime it threated to slip into oblivion, the OP had to resurect it with a article that was already posted elsewhere on the forum.

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m 99.9% positive it will be Allen as the starter.

McDermott, by not naming Peterman as the guy when he was asked is telling. McDemott is, hopefully, smart enough to not play head games with Peterman. By putting Peterman back out there without having committed to him by now....well, if possible, could lead to an even worse version of Peterman and expose McDermott as a twit.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I'm not happy Peterman sucked, but I'm not unhappy.

Yesterday I wanted one of two things to happen.

1) Win and Peterman looks as "good" as he looked in preseason and shows we can win with him.

OR

2) LA Chargers 2.0.

I wanted #1 the most because I root for Ws all the time for the Bills, no matter what.  And I'll even root for Peterman loud and hard if he's under center next week.

But I've thought since I saw him last year in preseason that he just wasn't an NFL starting QB.  And this preseason didn't change my mind.  All of his great stats in the preseason was just so obviously (to me) manufactured by an offense predicated on very short passes and throws to wide open WRs in busted coverages playing against Defenses that were holding back.

The guy is a mirage.  Preseason all-star who benefits stats-wise from the things I mentioned above.  But nothing about the throws he's making are indicative of an NFL starting QB.

I wanted #1, but I'm also content with #2 because Peterman doesn't give us a shot this year.  I'm still thinking playoffs.  That's never happning with Picked-off-Peterman under center.  We have that shot with Allen.

So to me, our 2nd best result yesterday happened because now we can rip the band-aid off and give the young rookie a full season minus only 1 game rather than the 3 or 4 or 5 we'd have to suffer through if Peterman were mediocre or just marginally bad.

In the end, a blowout Loss doesn't count against us anymore at the end of the year than a 3 point loss, so this Loss could end up preventing 1 or 2 more losses that would have happened on the year if he were still in there.

Of course, all of that relies on McDermott making the QB change announcement on Wednesday, which I expect to happen.

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The OP ALSO claimed this thread would auto lock on Sept 8.  

I guess we didn’t see the year was 2019 

No, he didn't.  He claimed the poll would auto lock.

Not much of a reader, eh?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I’m 99.9% positive it will be Allen as the starter.

McDermott, by not naming Peterman as the guy when he was asked is telling. McDemott is, hopefully, smart enough to not play head games with Peterman. By putting Peterman back out there without having committed to him by now....well, if possible, could lead to an even worse version of Peterman and expose McDermott as a twit.

He had a 0.0 pass rating.

Do they go negative??

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That is you 

19 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The conversation's still relevant.

Plus, it's entertaining watching the 2 of you get so annoyed.

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

So you admit you bump this continuously to troll people. 

Nice ?? 

Not as the primary reason, but it's an added bonus that it's apparently getting under your skin so much.

I don't really understand why it is.

But hey... you could always just ignore it the way you're ignoring me....

oh wait  :flirt:

Are you just upset because your boy Nasty Nate is just so friggin awful? :oops:

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'd say this thread has a cycle. Right after a game or event in the preseason a bunch of people say how they think it effected things and then argue for a while. Then things slow down until the next game and everything starts all over.

Honestly this thread probably has until Allen starts or just after.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I watched the "every Josh Allen pass" video from the Baltimore game.  It's glaringly obvious that his arm is special.  I won't go as far as to evaluate his decision making etc...in a game you are down by 40, the defense isn't doing much at that point, but what is crystal clear is that Allen can put alot of mustard on a football.  

I see they are starting Allen this week.  I don't think it will go well because I don't believe he is ready....if they thought he was, he would have started week 1.  In retrospect, the "process" to start a veteran while Josh sat.....is still the right call to me...but a big mistake was trading Tyrod....if you keep him and start him, your coach has ALOT more credibility to keep Tyrod at the helm because he is a seasoned veteran, coming off at least being at the helm as you made a playoff appearance.  Peterman sucks....and now your coach has basically no choice but to throw Allen in because he'll lose the locker room if he runs Peterman back out there.  Not optimal.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I was going to ask which troll bumped this thread again   ... but that would be a silly question 

Kinda funny you're namecalling when you've been just trolling me for months now.

Don't be upset, Shady.  I know you're a little upset your boy Nate appears to be one of the worst QBs in NFL history, but what's happening is best for the team.

I was wrong there. 

That should make you happy enough. 

The funny thing is that if fans so desperately wanted Allen to remain on the bench to protect him and let him learn, we never should have traded Taylor.

Some of you were/are just too damn emotional to see that.

Regardless, Allen wasn't named the starter for the season opener.  He was named the starter for the home opener... the 2nd game of the season.

Thus, the Allen Era begins!!!

3 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

I watched the "every Josh Allen pass" video from the Baltimore game.  It's glaringly obvious that his arm is special.  I won't go as far as to evaluate his decision making etc...in a game you are down by 40, the defense isn't doing much at that point, but what is crystal clear is that Allen can put alot of mustard on a football.  

I see they are starting Allen this week.  I don't think it will go well because I don't believe he is ready....if they thought he was, he would have started week 1.  In retrospect, the "process" to start a veteran while Josh sat.....is still the right call to me...but a big mistake was trading Tyrod....if you keep him and start him, your coach has ALOT more credibility to keep Tyrod at the helm because he is a seasoned veteran, coming off at least being at the helm as you made a playoff appearance.  Peterman sucks....and now your coach has basically no choice but to throw Allen in because he'll lose the locker room if he runs Peterman back out there.  Not optimal.

The reason we traded Tyrod is because we wanted to have a more traditional pocket passer.  Well, Peterman is significantly worse so we have to go to the rookie earlier.

However, the way Tyrod's contract was set up, if we picked up his option last year, I believe we would basically have to commit to him for 2-3 more years to avoid a big dead cap hit.

I watched a lot of the Browns game last week (since the Bills were being blown out) and Tyrod was pretty bad.  I still can't believe they couldn't pull out a W after 6 turnovers.

Taylor isn't terrible overall but making plays in the pocket, he's bad.  15 of 40 with 7 sacks doesn't help your team.  I think Mayfield will be starting by midseason.  

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The reason we traded Tyrod is because we wanted to have a more traditional pocket passer.  Well, Peterman is significantly worse so we have to go to the rookie earlier.

However, the way Tyrod's contract was set up, if we picked up his option last year, I believe we would basically have to commit to him for 2-3 more years to avoid a big dead cap hit.

I watched a lot of the Browns game last week (since the Bills were being blown out) and Tyrod was pretty bad.  I still can't believe they couldn't pull out a W after 6 turnovers.

Taylor isn't terrible overall but making plays in the pocket, he's bad.  15 of 40 with 7 sacks doesn't help your team.  I think Mayfield will be starting by midseason.  

Honestly, the real reason we traded Tyrod was because someone was willing to give us such a premium draft pick back.  Had there not been any trade offers, I am pretty sure they would have kept him.  They said several times they were comfortable paying him the bonus and keeping him even if they draft a QB.  But the first pick of the 3rd round in a deep draft was a deal too good to pass up.  

12 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Wow... that clip of NP is even worse than I thought possible. Jones is uncovered on the boundary, to boot. Mind numbingly bad stuff, and Barnwell is on point. 

Best part is that BullBuchanan swears that INT is 100% on Kelvin even though its no where near catchable.  Also he likes to ignore that Zay was sitting on the sideline open by 20 yards the ENTIRE time he is in the pocket, but he stared down KB and didn't even look at Zay.  Thats a first down and easily 20+ yard gain if he even looks at Zay...although that assumes 2 things, he actually throws a catchable ball to Zay and that Zay doesn't drop it lol.