Jump to content
transplantbillsfan

77% were wrong believing our HC wouldn't be fooled by the mirage of preseason, but the Allen Era begins week 2!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

EDITFor the collective poll from the Summer ending September 1st on who would win the Summer QB competition:

 

479 votes cast.

 

31.11% were for Allen

 

45.51% were for McCarron 

 

23.38% were for Peterman

 

45.51% of the people who voted saw the guy they thought would start week 1 traded away.

 

23.38% of the board was correct.

 

The rest of us apparently gave our Head Coach the benefit of the doubt and thought he'd make the right choice   :flirt:

 

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really would like to see Allen sit for the first 6-8 games. But honestly he is likely to look far and away better than the other guys in camp. Beane said something like "if you don't start the best guy you are holding back the team" or something like that. I think in the end they are going to have to start Allen because the entire team is going to see how good he is in practice. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all the optimism surrounding Josh Allen, I think it's gonna take a bit longer than OTAs and training camp to get acclimated to the pro level. I won't be upset in the slightest if he proves me wrong. So at this point, I gotta give the nod to McCarron.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Allen would have to be absolutely lights out during training camp and preseason to get the starting job over McCarron 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think it's Josh Allen.

 

I'll be fine if McCarron wins it.

 

I'll be absolutely floored if Peterman wins it... I think he's more likely on the practice squad than under center week 1.

 

I think Allen has like a 55% chance.

 

McCarron has maybe a 35% chance.

 

Peterman has a 5% chance, if that.

 

 

Allen is obviously the choice of this regime long term. Beane has questioned publicly the media perception of Allen as "raw." Dabol said he has a plan for him and was said to be on him like white on rice all rookie minicamp.

 

It just feels inevitable that the most talented QB who's already the Apple of McBeane's Eyes will win the starting job against one scrub with a noodle arm and one QB with some potential, 4 years on the bench and a handful of quality NFL starts, but also a guy who made it through the 1st wave of Free Agency before Beane finally settling on him.

 

The physical ability is there. The smarts are there. The experience under center is there. The work ethic is there.

 

#17 under center on Sunday, September 9th in Baltimore...

 

what say you?

If Peterman is starting week 1 then we’re in a lot of trouble this season. The only way I see him starting is if AJ and Josh are both out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an incredibly high degree of faith in this coaching staff, but given the losses we took on the o-line I honestly can't see how anyone believes that our starting QB doesn't spend half the season on his backside.  For that reason alone, I really hope that they don't start Allen this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been of the belief that Allen needs time. The sense I get however is that the Bills are hoping that he’s ready early. He will be given every opportunity to play from the jump. I voted Allen because that’s what I think will happen. If he isn’t ready as early as they want McCarron will play until he is.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, nikuman said:

I have an incredibly high degree of faith in this coaching staff, but given the losses we took on the o-line I honestly can't see how anyone believes that our starting QB doesn't spend half the season on his backside.  For that reason alone, I really hope that they don't start Allen this year. 

Have you forgotten to trust the PROCESS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you thought the Bills would draft Josh Rosen please don't vote. You are obviously out  of touch with what the new "Bills Culture" and "Bills New DNA" is according to Beane and McDermott. You are living in your "conventional wisdom" world and are no doubt proud of it. Allen IS Buffalo as Beane has clearly said although you refused to listen. I love Peterman but now love Allen more. He is MORE than a conventional talent for your conventional thinking. It WILL be Allen backed up by Peterman..........

Edited by tumaro02
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the end, you put your best players on the field. I think Josh Allen is the best QB we have. It will not surprise me if he is the Game One starter.

 

However,

if McCarron wins on merit because he has a fantastic Training Camp = GREAT!

if he is the game one starter by default = YUCK!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tumaro02 said:

If you thought the Bills would draft Josh Rosen please don't vote. You are obviously out  of touch with what the new "Bills Culture" and "Bills New DNA" is according to Beane and McDermott. You are living in your "conventional wisdom" world and are no doubt proud of it. Allen IS Buffalo as Beane as clearly said although you refused to listen. I love Peterman but now love Allen more. He is NOT a conventional talent for your conventional thinking. It WILL be Allen backed up by Peterman........... Period.

Like your comment is the definitive word.

 

McCarron starts week 1.  And we should hope for the year, as it would mean he's playing well and it will give Allen time to learn

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone but Cassel

 

 

I swear to God if the Ravens line Lamar up at WR for the first play of the season.......

 

:D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Like your comment is the definitive word.

 

McCarron starts week 1.  And we should hope for the year, as it would mean he's playing well and it will give Allen time to learn 

There we go.... conventional wisdom shines again....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May the best man win as it should be, but I want Peterman to start against the Chargers.  I think McCarron wins the job rather easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I think Allen would have to be absolutely lights out during training camp and preseason to get the starting job over McCarron 

 

Let's evaluate this statement.  Why is McCarron the de facto starter?  Because of his four games of NFL experience?  Because he played lights out?  Because he was a highly rated draft pick?  The guy won a battle to become a free agent this offseason and then sat and watched every other free agent QB sign a big deal.  He's getting paid peanuts (relatively speaking) by the Bills.  He is a safety net, not the guy the Bills hope is starting.

 

If the #7 pick in the draft shows during OTAs and training camp that he grasps the offense the Bills would be fools for not letting him take the reins from the get-go.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tumaro02 said:

There we go.... conventional wisdom shines again....

Yes.  Wisdom.  Try it sometime.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oldmanfan said:

Yes.  Wisdom.  Try it sometime.

"CONVENTIONAL" = Like everyone else's wisdom. Don't have an "original" thought wisdom. Someone else's wisdom. You need to step out and think for yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think it's Josh Allen.

 

I'll be fine if McCarron wins it.

 

I'll be absolutely floored if Peterman wins it... I think he's more likely on the practice squad than under center week 1.

 

I think Allen has like a 55% chance.

 

McCarron has maybe a 35% chance.

 

Peterman has a 5% chance, if that.

 

 

Allen is obviously the choice of this regime long term. Beane has questioned publicly the media perception of Allen as "raw." Dabol said he has a plan for him and was said to be on him like white on rice all rookie minicamp.

 

It just feels inevitable that the most talented QB who's already the Apple of McBeane's Eyes will win the starting job against one scrub with a noodle arm and one QB with some potential, 4 years on the bench and a handful of quality NFL starts, but also a guy who made it through the 1st wave of Free Agency before Beane finally settling on him.

 

The physical ability is there. The smarts are there. The experience under center is there. The work ethic is there.

 

#17 under center on Sunday, September 9th in Baltimore...

 

what say you?

Is the other 5% Ryan Zapoticky?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think it's Josh Allen.

 

I'll be fine if McCarron wins it.

 

I'll be absolutely floored if Peterman wins it... I think he's more likely on the practice squad than under center week 1.

 

I think Allen has like a 55% chance.

 

McCarron has maybe a 35% chance.

 

Peterman has a 5% chance, if that.

 

 

Allen is obviously the choice of this regime long term. Beane has questioned publicly the media perception of Allen as "raw." Dabol said he has a plan for him and was said to be on him like white on rice all rookie minicamp.

 

It just feels inevitable that the most talented QB who's already the Apple of McBeane's Eyes will win the starting job against one scrub with a noodle arm and one QB with some potential, 4 years on the bench and a handful of quality NFL starts, but also a guy who made it through the 1st wave of Free Agency before Beane finally settling on him.

 

The physical ability is there. The smarts are there. The experience under center is there. The work ethic is there.

 

#17 under center on Sunday, September 9th in Baltimore...

 

what say you?

A guy who made it through the first wave of free agency?...... like made it to day 2?... after he was awarded the right? I find it funny how people act like he was just sitting by the phone for weeks.  I don't think there's any chance they throw ja in the first 4 weeks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really look forward to TC this year and Astro's reports on QBs and OL men.

 

Preseason play then who they can pick up after final cut down.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Is the other 5% Ryan Zapoticky?

 

DId they make him an offer?  He was only here on a try-out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which reporter will be first to go with the every Bills QB sucks angle?

 

I think they expect Allen to win the job. AJ was the last remaining FA QB and his contract reflects that. Peterman and AJ should be nothing more than speed bumps for Allen. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eball said:

 

Let's evaluate this statement.  Why is McCarron the de facto starter?  Because of his four games of NFL experience?  Because he played lights out?  Because he was a highly rated draft pick?  The guy won a battle to become a free agent this offseason and then sat and watched every other free agent QB sign a big deal.  He's getting paid peanuts (relatively speaking) by the Bills.  He is a safety net, not the guy the Bills hope is starting.

 

If the #7 pick in the draft shows during OTAs and training camp that he grasps the offense the Bills would be fools for not letting him take the reins from the get-go.

Yep all that. Good job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't vote there are only 3 options and i know there is a 4th arm coming to camp

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×