Bills hire former Carolina LB Dan Morgan to front office

Seems like a good pickup:

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/302131/clayton-10/?

"Dan Morgan is the Seahawks’ director of pro personnel. His reputation continues to grow around the NFL; don’t be surprised if he starts getting interviews over the next few years. A Pro Bowl linebacker for the Panthers in the 2000s, Morgan is entering his seventh season with the Seahawks. Schneider leaned on him heavily this offseason, and the Seahawks had their most active free-agent period under Schneider, loading up on veterans with one-year contracts."

http://channel12s.gnetconsulting.com/2017/04/2017-nfl-draft-dan-morgan-interview/

Nice story about when he retired as a player.   Clearly, a "process" kind of guy...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=yasinskas_pat&id=3404496

Edited by Lurker

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

He's the Seahawks's Director of Pro Personnel so yeah probably.

I was wondering the same thing. 

Curious. The Seahawks have been trending a bit down. How has their FA, waiver wire, and UDFA track record been under him? 

Not meant to hate. This was Whaley’s (only?) strong suit. It would be awesome if Buffalo could find similar results, especially given our depth issues. 

3 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

lol wow. this Carolina thing had to stop. 

Tolbert next

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

why?

They actually seem to be getting good people from a good organization

Its not like they are raiding the Browns front office....

I mean perhaps but Catholics isn't the ONLY org out there. it's like they only know people from Carolina. It just seems fishy we supply a cushy landing spot for every one of their strays 

6 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Tolbert next

Anything is possible.  Kaelin Clay was here 2 times now

1 minute ago, Agent 91 said:

I mean perhaps but Catholics isn't the ONLY org out there. it's like they only know people from Carolina. It just seems fishy we supply a cushy landing spot for every one of their strays 

Morgan came from Seattle. As far as i recall, they haven’t hired a single person to the FO or coaching staff from Carolina. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Morgan came from Seattle. As far as i recall, they haven’t hired a single person to the FO or coaching staff from Carolina. 

Shoen- Dolphins

Boyd- Cardinals 

Gray- Vikings 

Dawson- Titans 

And like you said Morgan cut his front office teeth with the Seahawks.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not front office  but I am saying Beane Tolbert Webb Clay Benjamin. Starr too, but I like him so I will sweep that under the rug :ph34r:. The Carolina Intel. It's not founded but Dan Morgan did play for Carolina. Austin Proehl is the son of a former Panther. I heard that a draft pick or 2 from last year never visited with the  Bills but they visited with Carolina. Dion Dawkins AND Zay Jones... 2 players we traded up for never had a visit here. Tanner Vallejo, Tre'davious either. Where did the intel come from. It's all just a crazy coincidence to me. 

5 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

He's the Seahawks's Director of Pro Personnel so yeah probably.

I've actually have spent time with him and his wife where I work hooked us up w Tix to the Bills Hawks game. Super nice guy. Him and Snider vacation here hopefully he'll be back for the 4th of July and I can bend his ear a bit. 

7 hours ago, FluffHead said:

@MikeGarafolo: The Bills are expected to hire Dan Morgan as a high-ranking member of their front office, sources say. The former All-Pro Panthers LB is set to join longtime Panthers exec Brandon Beane in Buffalo. Fills the hole created when Brian Gaine left to become Texans GM.

Liked him as a player hope he can be an good executive.

The Panthers North narrative is getting kind of old and ridiculous. And honestly...who cares? The Panthers are perennial contenders since they bottomed out and got Cam. They have a franchise quarterback and a really strong defense and wound up in the Super Bowl a couple of years ago. Why is this a problem? Every coach and GM add his people...people he can trust and who speak the same language. Standard operating procedure. 

• Like (+1) 3

A lot of our coaching staff was with Reid in Philly. We also have Shady. Traded Darby for Matthews and a pick last year. Could argue we are "Philadelphia West" as well. Or make any number of similar arguments since the NFL is really one small, incestuous community.

Glad they filled that spot with a Football Guy.