The NYJ Release Bryce Petty - Claimed by MIA

Mason Rudolph should pay attention. 

Anyway, I don't think the Jets will cut Hackenberg yet. He just turned 23 and they really haven't seen him play at all. I think they will give it one more shot and see what he has in training camp. Perhaps a team like the Chargers or Redskins who don't might throw a 7th their way. Blaine Gabbert was traded for a sixth. Cardale Jones netted a 7th.  

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Another mediocre QB now on the market.

Won't be long before a TSW contingent cries for the Bills to sign him.

:lol:

Hold your breath on that one. 

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think he can potentially hang onto the #3 job with Teddy being cut/traded for fodder instead

He's never even been on the field in regular season action under Maccagnan and Bowles.  I'll be surprised if they keep three QBs.

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I'd actually bring him in to be the #4 QB for the start of training camp. Help protect our other arms and gives us insight into the Jets offense.

Jeremy Bates is the new OC. I don't think Petty would help much in that regard.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

35 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Of the two Petty seemed the better player so not sure they cut Petty unless they really want Darnold to win the competition. 

They have McCown, Bridgewater, Darnold - they still have Hack who might have trade value - but everyone knows he gets cut.  Maybe he sticks til preseason game 4 just to see if you can squeeze a pick out of someone, but i don't think anyone's offering anything for the guy.

42 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Everyone remember the Mahommes to Petty comparisons and how Petty was gonna be this great player even though he came from a air raid offense?

Mahomes was the much better prospect out of college. Petty was a bad pick as was Hackenberg.