Is Kim qualified?

17 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The Vegas Golden Knights say hello.

The Golden Knights are the result of a conspiracy to promote gambling in hockey in order to destabilize the Canadian economy.

I can't fully flesh out that cockamamie idea right now...but give me a little while, and I'll explain it.  Give me a week, and I'll connect it to Margaret Thatcher, N'Sync, and Dole Fruits.

• Haha (+1) 2

I think in this case her qualifications are moot when it comes to the on-field product. They Pegulas are intentionally clearing the room and trimming the fat to further unencumber the football guys to do their job. 

The biggest task managers have is to allow their employees to do their jobs the best they can. One of the most useful traits a manager can have is to step back and empower their employees to do their jobs. 

Brandon was a necessary evil at first as the Pegulas were new to NFL ownership and they had no idea if McDermott would work out when hired. They had just endured the (albeit self-imposed) Rex Ryan show and needed some stability.

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

What is a president? Once someone can explain that then I might be able to explain how Russ Brandon’s former BOSS can also do Russ Brandon’s former job. 

This is exactly it.  I don't get why you need a president, if you have a GM. 

4 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Sweet virtue signal.

How many nights in a row are you sad saps going to come on here and bang this "woe is me, what about men, boo hoo feminism" garbage?

Especially ironic coming from someone who has admittedly slept with a superior. Afraid that's the only way you can make it?

is "virtue signaling" your code word for when you boys get your feelings hurt?

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

It's kind of an empty honor. It's not like she worked her way up and got the job. Her husband bought her the team and she appointed herself. A bit of a pyrrhic victory for feminism.

She was the co-owner of their company, which they sold, and bought the hockey clubs together, then bought the bills, together.

She's not a trophy wife who was bought a new camaro.

She's actively been a part of building their business for over 2 decades.

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

Sweet virtue signal.

sweet chauvinist signal.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure because you know a guy that is a bright mind (allegedly) quits after being confronted with results of an internal investigation and ESPN reporter that deletes his previous tweet of Brandon will not have a hard time finding a job points to speculation. Ha ha ha 

Not qualified. She is not qualified dont you get it. She isn’t qualified for a position NO ONE can even define 

Serious question--what did Russ Brandon do that caused him to resign?  

I have have no reason to doubt KPs ability to run the organization other than the obvious ones that stem from her appointment.  Then again, I'd have no reason to doubt the ability of anyone else they selected, so I'm cool. 

2 minutes ago, bbb said:

This is exactly it.  I don't get why you need a president, if you have a GM. 

The president of the team oversees many things, including the hiring of the GM.

It's another level of management.

The president/CEO of a football team is basically a step above the GM and a step below the owner.

Kim taking over could either be a short term thing (since Russ was a sudden ousting) while they find a new president/ceo to take his place,

or it could be a long term thing, where they basically eliminated that position, and the GM (Beane in this case) will report directly to her.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

How many nights in a row are you sad saps going to come on here and bang this "woe is me, what about men, boo hoo feminism" garbage?

Especially ironic coming from someone who has admittedly slept with a superior. Afraid that's the only way you can make it?

is "virtue signaling" your code word for when you boys get your feelings hurt?

It's a term that refers to expressions of sanctimony made for the purpose of bolstering the speaker under the guise of righteousness.

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Serious question--what did Russ Brandon do that caused him to resign?  

I have have no reason to doubt KPs ability to run the organization other than the obvious ones that stem from her appointment.  Then again, I'd have no reason to doubt the ability of anyone else they selected, so I'm cool. 

Russ was in the middle of an internal investigation regarding inappropriate relationships (plural) with female employees (also plural).

When supposedly resigned when confronted with supposed information during this investigation.

9 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

She was the co-owner of their company, which they sold, and bought the hockey clubs together, then bought the bills, together.

sweet chauvinist signal.

Her husband bought her the team. Deal with it.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Ah, so its when someone points out youre being an !@#$. Got it.

Actually, I think the real !@#$s are the virtue signaling white knights who are always trying to inject their divisive views where they aren't applicable and project their attitudes on others.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Seems like you guys need to deal with it.

She owns the team. A real live female! Crazy! Deal with it.

You and your fellow manginas are the only ones who care that she's a female. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Actually, I think the real !@#$s are the virtue signaling white knights who are always trying to inject their divisive views where they aren't applicable and project their attitudes on others.

You seem to care considering you point out that she is only an owner/president because of who she's screwing (paraphrasing).

Either that or you just dont care who the president of the bills, sabres, pse is and you're just here to make the opinion that you don't think she deserves it based on whatever.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Look, Scott already gives you guys the PPP for your neanderthal circle jerking. Keep this playing-the-victim garbage over there. Your buzzword game is so strong, but not impressive.

I dont give a **** about which Pegula does what. Neither of them were qualified when they bought the teams. But we're still here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Look, Scott already gives you guys the PPP for your neanderthal circle jerking. Keep this playing-the-victim garbage over there. Your buzzword game is so strong, but not impressive.

I dont give a **** about which Pegula does what. Neither of them were qualified when they bought the teams. But we're still here.

Actually they were.  The only qualification for buying the team was having the highest bid. :)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

You seem to care also considering you point out that she is only an owner because of who she's screwing (paraphrasing).

Either that or you just dont care who the president of the bills, sabres, pse is and you're just here to make the opinion that you don't think she deserves it.

As long as she doesn't make any decisions that affect football operations I really couldn't care less what role she takes. I just find it amusing that some portray this like it's some groundbreaking achievement for women.

That and virtue signalers piss me off.

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I didn't bring it up. I responded to someone who did. You took the reigns and ran with it.

As long as she doesn't make any decisions that affect football operations I really couldn't care less what role she takes. I just find it amusing that some portray this like it's some groundbreaking achievement for women.

This entire thread is people tearing her down. Yourself included. It started that way, and it went that way the whole time.

What reality are you in? It must be exhausting to be so insecure and threatened all the time.

3 hours ago, Sweats said:

I think she was a waitress once.

Shes plenty qualified to run the Bills franchise.

Hell, she’s plenty qualified to run the country.

Right, not a single successful person ever had a job as a waiter. If you're not successful by the age of 30 you've hit your peak, as everyone knows.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

This entire thread is people tearing her down. Yourself included. It started that way, and it went that way the whole time.

What reality are you in? It must be exhausting to be so insecure and threatened all the time.

It sounds like you're the one playing the victim card. If a man with her resume were in her position people would make the exact same points.

12 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

You mean like Russ did as president?  I don't want her near any football decisions along with any other president that may be hired.

I don't care about"virtue signalers" as you call it.  People think it's good for her then that's great.  I don't see the hate in pointing it out even if she's handed the job be it interim or for good.

She's done a lot to help the downtown Buffalo area so she should at least get a crack at it.

It sounds like you're the one playing the victim card. If a man with her resume were in her position people would make the exact same points.

You mean like this:

Everything is unknown when it's new and different to us.  Only one thing we can do.

giphy.gif

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

This Co owner stuff comes from everyone under the sun calling her that.  She's not Kim pegula, wife to the owner of the bills.  She's Kim pegula, Co owner of the bills.

I think they would have corrected the media by now if it was wrong.

It's be awkward to correct them.

Definition of Pyrrhic

: achieved at excessive cost 
  • aPyrrhic victory
; also : costly to the point of negating or outweighing expected benefits 
  • a great butPyrrhic act of ingenuity

Yeah...there's no excessive cost. Russ Brandon losing his job wasn't Stalingrad. If she had killed everyone in the front office and framed him then sure. Otherwise, not so much. 

1 hour ago, Domdab99 said:

They were married when they purchased the team. She literally owns half of it. If they were to get divorced, the team would be an asset of marriage. So yes, they'd split the team. 

Do you think Terry, already divorced with two kids, married a waitress 13 years his junior and had a 50-50 marriage agreement?

Did I wake up in a different dimension? Who is the President?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah...there's no excessive cost. Russ Brandon losing his job wasn't Stalingrad. If she had killed everyone in the front office and framed him then sure. Otherwise, not so much. 

Re-read the post you quoted. I said it was a pyrrhic victory for feminism, not the Bills. Dubious may have been a better word.

Edited by Rob's House

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

Her husband bought her the team. Deal with it.

They bought a team, together, with the $$ from the sale of the company which THEY owned.

I think you were wronged by a woman, or angry your boss is a woman.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
pruning the shrubbery
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

sweet chauvinist signal.

I think it is fair to question her credentials because of her close relationship with Terry. She didn't build the business together with Terry, Terry worked for Getty Oil and then founded his first company in 1983. Terry's business was pretty well established and successful by the time he met Kim. Kim since the age of 22 has only worked for entities owned by Terry. If your husband is the owner of where you work it is possible that you won't get held to the same standard as an ordinary worker. I am not saying that she did or didn't but rather that it isn't out of the realm of possibility. 

I think it's also fair to question Kim's credentials because we don't know what her positions within Terry's various companies were. We don't know the scope of what she has managed and how successful she has managed them. It could be she is really involved and very good at what she has worked on. But it could also be that she has never really managed a large division and resources either. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Rob's House said:

Re-read the post you quoted. I said it was a pyrrhic victory for feminism, not the Bills.

Again: there's no big cost. Not for the Bills, not for feminism, not anything. She's replacing a guy who resigned amidst misconduct allegations. 

If your takeaway from this is how bittersweet a moment for women this must be, instead of being moderately surprised that she's the first female NFL President...suffice to say your focus is very strangely aligned.

• Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

They bought a team, together, with the $$ from the sale of the company which THEY owned.

I think you were wronged by a woman, or angry your boss is a woman.

Half my friends are women. They don't find my views to be particularly offensive at all. In fact, most of them get a kick out of my take on white knights.

22 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Again: there's no big cost. Not for the Bills, not for feminism, not anything. She's replacing a guy who resigned amidst misconduct allegations. 

If your takeaway from this is how bittersweet a moment for women this must be, instead of being moderately surprised that she's the first female NFL President...suffice to say your focus is very strangely aligned.

Jesus, dude. It was just an amusing aside about how the first female President of an NFL team got there on the coattails of a man. It's not that serious.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
keeping it civil

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

That is a bit of a stretch...every teams 2nd line players?

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

The Vegas Golden Knights say hello.

Yeah Fluery @ 32 is a second line player already on a 2-Time Champ and being an ex-#1 pick GOALIE.

In a welfare state league,  expansion draft is quite the handout now.

Why didn't Sabres get a crack at Fluery.  They might have won all those shoot outs and one goal loses.

Vegas is all spin... Nothing like over the top welfare.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois